Login to your account

DOGS: Howls From the Shadows

*No Relation to the manga by Shirou Miwa (UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION)......

Tags: action, futuristic, gunplay, sci-fi

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Closed

Creator: Cows Go Moo

Created: 12-05-2013, 02:38 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

THEME SONG - Howling by Abingdon Boys School

BASIC IDEA:

You got these six or seven dude(ttes) who are part of a secret(ish) espionage and dispatch team, known as CANIS (Centralized Association to Neutralize Intelligence from Strangers) or DOGE (Deadly Operations Group of Espionage). I haven't decided LOL but anyway they're taken from somewhat similar backgrounds, but mostly just people with some military/police training. They get together and meet, some for the first time and others not so much. They are all supervised by the big, bad(?) chairman who gives them missions through the Beastmaster and must travel the world to complete them as a team and dispatch people as necessary.

Did I mention that this takes place in the future?

Ah yes. Well it does.

While on the surface, all of the international conflicts have been resolved the United States, China, and a few other countries have been having something of a cold war. While no missiles have been fired, there is a tension brewing amongst the nations. Not including the technology arms race, the US has been trying to create better operatives for field work which brought about the CANIS/DOGE program. It's obviously a prototype and very expensive to do since it requires that these people be trained for long periods of time and possibly "modified" in some ways. Sure, it seems all fine and dandy on the surface, but you must remember that dogs used to be wolves once too. Who is to say that they won't become wild again?

Rules

[ACTIVITY]
I don't expect people to reply right away, but if you are going to be delayed please let the thread know. I won't begrudge you if you're gone for too long since everyone has lives outside of roleplaying and other roleplays to post to. If needed, you can PM me with details on what to do with your character if you have to be on hiatus for more than two to three weeks or if you want to abandon them altogether. We can definitely work something out! However, if there isn't any answer from you for more than a month then I will put your character on hiatus and possibly open the slot your character once filled.

Otherwise, I think the minimum should be a post every two weeks, though I understand if the person you're conversing with has yet to reply to you.

[POSTING]
Since this roleplay was labeled "intermediate" I assume that everyone will strive to spell-check and grammar-check their posts. If you don't do that, you should. In terms of content, I'm not looking for length so much as I am looking for substance. I want players that can keep the plot moving without writing a novel.

[FORMATTING]
Feel free to decorate your character's profile however you want, but please include the following (in addition to the usual stuff):
-Preferred Weapon
-Theme Song

[CHARACTER CREATION]
Being that this is roleplay is slightly sci-fi/futuristic I'm not asking for super-realistic everything, but your character should be believable to some extent. I don't want to see (for example) the Wolfhound stereotyped as this bad boy, badass lone wolf that grew up on the streets and knows five hundred different martial arts and is looking for any excuse to rebel. There should be a degree of dimension to their personalities, histories, and everything! I mean, I'm not saying that they can't have some stereotypical traits, but that they should be more than that.

Additionally, these character slots are neither on a reserve nor a first-come, first-serve basis. I reserve the right to reject you or leave your profile pending if I feel like waiting for another entry. I'm pretty flexible on how I envision these characters and open to critiquing so you can, if you want, PM me for character ideas and tweaks if needed.