Quote Originally Posted by Zaiferz View Post
(maybe you can ban them after a day so real people actually have time to make post's?)
Unfortunately, it's a Catch-22. Waiting any significant length of time after a spam account registers means that the forums will be flooded with ads. We've seen quite a lot posted this week and it's not only annoying, but very frustrating and upsetting. I'd like to prevent that spam as much as possible, but the only way to do so is to nip it in the bud. This means frequently banning any new suspicious accounts that sign up throughout the day. To let them sit around is to give them ample time to post everywhere.

The staff is doing our best to prevent legitimate users from getting caught up in the bannings, but some people will always slip through. It's absolutely not intended, so we'll try to quickly reverse any accidental ban that takes place!

I will say that all of you guys have been awesome while putting up with this spam attack. It's been a stressful few weeks, but everyone has banded together to report the spam ads and help new users get un-banned. Trust me, all that energy hasn't gone unnoticed! <3