Login to your account

Genus Majora

In a world where animal shapeshifters are commonplace, various governments of the world have stuck some of these shapeshifters in so-called 'experimental communities', which are really artificial wildlife compounds that are set up for scientists to observe these people in their 'natural habitats'......

Tags: abduction, animals, chaos, character interaction, deception, fighting, shapeshifters, tribal

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Nyan Cat

Created: 06-30-2011, 02:57 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

Current Cycle: Day

The world this story takes place in is practically parallel to our own, with the accomplishments of our generation and the behavior of our humans about the same, as well as the state of the world.

Shifters, on the other hand, tend to be a bit more backwards: they see themselves as being part of the animal kingdom, and thus men are generally stronger than women - though this doesn't translate as 'better' for every shifter. Predators and even large prey animals like buffalo are seen as the stronger-but-dimmer half of the shifters, with most prey animals and even smaller predators being the meek underdogs. Basically, the position a shifter's animal holds on the food chain reflects the amount of respect they may gain from other shifters.

Humans fear shifters more-so than they would fear wild animals, for most wild animals can not plot murder. While studies have shown shifters to be no more prone to murder than the average human, that fear and mistrust still follows the shifters as a stigma. Every murderous shifter in history is remembered with more disdain than the worst human serial killers.

Shifters didn't exactly like being treated this way, and thus some of them jumped at the chance to be relocated at one of these 'experimental communities', supposedly designed to suit the needs of shifters better. Some shifters had to be bribed to go to them, other blackmailed.

What they found was not a community.

What they found was a compound, where escape seemed impossible due to the wide expanse of water surrounding it, an island far from any civilization. There were no houses, no markets, no technology of any sort.

For all intents and purposes, it was The Wild, complete with actual Wild animals.

And this is how the governments and scientists of the world intended it to be. This was a place of study, a place where researchers could observe shifters in their 'natural habitats', to compare their actions against the actions of regular humans in the same situation. So what if there was the possibility of death among the shifters, or murder even? The news would just say that a serial killer arose in the shifter 'community', and the world would not bat an eye.

Now the world waits, waits to see what actions these shifters, both willing and unwilling, will take.

Rules

•  Write in the third-person, please and thank you.
  •  Be able to type an average of two-paragraphs per post please~
  •  Only original characters please.
  •  No magical powers. Whatsoever.
  •  No gore or sex or 'mating' or anything else that would be considered Adult. Common sense, peoples.
  •  Try not to post a thousand times a day. Two posts a day is plenty. Try not to post only once in a blue moon either; once every few days is fine. You won't get booted out for not posting, but at the same time, try not to.
  • When you post, please say which section of the ring (i.e., the Shores, the Tropics) your character is in (North, South, East, or West). That way, multiple different interactions can happen in the same location. If we get lots of people, I will simply make sub-locations for each section of the ring. :3
  •  Try not to leave any character in the dust, though if a character has been inactive for an extended period of time, they will be pulled out of the situation. What I mean by this is that characters of mine or someone else's who are reserved for the task will move in and direct the inactive character somewhere else, by getting them to follow to show them something or talk to them or anything. It may seem a bit unrealistic at times, but it's for the greater good.
  •  Romance of all orientations is acceptable, and even slightly encouraged. This is a roleplay where the focus is character interaction, and romance is interaction. Just don't go all insta-love, okay? Character development, peoples.
  •  There will be a day and night cycle, though the rate will be inconsistent. Basically every now and again I'll just pop in and change the cycle state in the introduction, so be sure to check before posting. So please, do not say in your post that 'night has fallen' if the current cycle at the time is day!
  •  There's no requirement to research your character's shift animal, but it's nice to see you know your stuff and take inspiration from the animal's natural characteristics. If you utterly defy a creature's abilities, however. I will call you out on it. If you make your snow leopard animal-form roar, I will kindly inform you that you are utterly in error.