Login to your account

Thread: Didn't find one and we need it: Zombie RP

Didn't find one and we need it: Zombie RP

I tried to look for a zombie RP but couldn't find anything (let me know if it excists).

I don't want to create too hopeless future views with it, more like picturing what it will be when cure is found but all can't have access to it because of price or accessibility.
    Also adding the psychological side of how people view the world changing back again.

There could be some "fighting" against the infected and what not but I'd love to create more dimensions to it. Like how some people create their own bizarre heaven with taking over market and how and do people dare to have families and so forth in the dark times.

Could this kind of group RP have any future and interest? What sort of things there is to avoid and what I should add in your opinion?

I' d like it to be a pleasant gaming experience also for those who aren't that into the whole zombie theme.
    Last edited by Gess Jahd; 06-28-2011 at 10:04 PM.

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

Haven >.>. Sorry I know English is not your native language, and you convey your self beautifully, but reading heaven made me giggle so I thought I'd take a moment to correct that one. Haven is "1. A place of safety or refuge." where as heaven is that place with fluffy clouds and angels ;p. I think haven derives from heaven and the spelling is very similar. I hope you don't find my correction offensive, it is meant as a random learning experience ^_^!

Any way, I think this game could be just tons of fun to play. I think you should include several NPC zombies or zombie hordes that any one can hop onto at any time and play.

Since you are thinking of having things closer to the cure, this would not be just after the break out, right? So most survivors, by this time have either gathered into those so called safe haven's or are really just extremely bad A** as it were, right? If this is the case, you may want to establish the game in one of those cities that is a safe place, allowing players to have various jobs and titles within the mini city. For example there might be a small panel of leaders who make major decisions (such as whether to accept new comers), a group of hunters, a group of care takers, etc.

What about things like internet and currency? Are these things more or less gone from the world, or do they exist in limited ways?? If there is a potential cure, we can assume that medicine, at least to a degree, still exists. How about food and clothing manufacture? How wide spread is the infection; is it only in certain quarantined cities, or has it spread over most of the world?

Sorry for all the questions, I am honestly very interested, I ask questions when I am interested, lol. Just some food for thought, I guess.

Thank you for correcting me! *learns a new word*
    I did use word "heaven" intentionally but "haven" is a better word for what I ment with it, though.
    It's also good that you ask a lot of questions since I'm still trying to sort this out myself too!

First of all, I had the idea of the zombie outbreak being tamed almost completely in continents like North America and Australia. They are also the places where they manufacture the medication. How ever, North American countries have to take care of South America before they can move on to giving help to other countries and Australia has problems with New Zealand still. I guess in Australia they are mostly just worried even when the infected aren't able to cross the water in between. They could also have very fierce modification of the virus.

There could be random small shipments of the medication but they're kept behind the backs of greedy souls and one shot costs almost impossible sums.

The game would concentrate in Europe, probably in the area of Denmark-German (it's easier to go further from there when needed, even though I'd love making this happen in Fennoscandinavia, ahem ahem...).

That is a good idea with the city! It also would make for an good starting place for players. Letting the players also choose zombie for second character could be interesting. Their thoughts must be very messed up and mauling others characters brings in a bit of danger. It also would offer a good way to get a character out of the game if wanted.

I don't think internet excists for common use. Illegal phonelines could be fun though, same with illegal radio stations. Since people have had years to get settled with the situation, they have also had time to create underground movement against the self claimed city rulers and such.

Money needs to excist to keep things running. Probably the coins people find are usable but just have bigger value than they used to. Trading items is the most common method of getting things for yourself.
    They could breed animals to some level for eating, also the ones that are normally a taboo to be eaten (cats, rats, dogs...). They also could have vegetables and such which all try and grow on their back yards and "huts".

The zombies probably wander in big groups, aimlessly until they find human settlement. Then they surround it as long until they get fed, killed or cured. I think our little zombies have the disability to keep themselves nourished so they feed on anything they can from grass to humans. Humans mainly since the virus somehow creates the obsession of eating what you were or something, haha.

I can tell you from having traveled within the continent of Australia that they are very serious about controlling contamination from other regions.

We had to throw away apples and a banana at the border of one state because you can't cross state lines even casually enough to carry fruit or vegetables with you unless they have been processed and packaged and sealed at a factory or if you have a permit... They also have food-sniffing dogs at airports and they check very thoroughly to make sure all regulations are followed. A woman I was talking to at the airport had to throw away the home-baked food her hostess had made for her and they examined the fruit and nuts package I was bringing as a gift to my friend's family to make sure it hadn't been opened.

So to me it would make a lot of sense that they would both have better control of it and also have a more violent strain/mutation of the disease, because they do keep it so contained that it wouldn't be "watered down" with lesser generations like it might be in other countries who weren't so strict.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

This is a great news for the credibility factor of the game plan!
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge over the matter.

Next step for this RP's development could be that I'll try and write the description and such as far as I can... I'm almost sure there are things we've forgotten to take notice of.

EDIT: Actually, I'm just going to give it a go right away since I'm impatient already. I can fix later, haha.

The game excists with a name Generation 2. Not that creative name, but it's not to title the people but the medication against the infected. If it starts bothering me too much I might have to end up changing it despite all the difficulties it might create.
    Last edited by Gess Jahd; 06-29-2011 at 10:13 PM.