Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ☁ Rainy Days ☂ 1x1 search of Gess || ALWAYS OPEN! 7/2012

Reoccurring NPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    I got a converter in my mobile. I'll see if it can convert kilograms to pounds.
    I could make a police guy. But maybe not tonight. My first character is done however. I just need a ava picture now... I don't know if it's any good. You could look at it and say what you think.

@Luneire Two things. When you make you character, make a back up in a doc or txt or something. I had the remember me in but when I tried to save the character I had gotten logged out. Thankfully I had an back-up!
    Secondly I'll modify my values and I also have some body type description. You can look at it and say if it's ok or not.
    Yea that's a really smart idea.. I'll need to make sure from now on there is a back- up XD!
    Okay I can't wait to see your character :'D!
    I need a picture too and my profile is half-ready ^_^

@ Gess - What shall it be called? If you've any ideas yet?
    Last edited by Luneire; 07-05-2011 at 01:58 AM.
    One who encounters tradegy can become a great force.

I just need to do my character's history, but I'm done for now.

Reoccurring NPC
    I seriously need to find some art.. T_T.. what to do.

What sort of art are you looking for?

A photo?
    A 3D render?
    A realistic portrait?
    A comic style portrait?
    An anime/manga portrait?

I recommend safebooru.org for most of those. It's mostly anime/manga, but there are other things there too.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    What sort of art are you looking for?

A photo?
    A 3D render?
    A realistic portrait?
    A comic style portrait?
    An anime/manga portrait?

I recommend safebooru.org for most of those. It's mostly anime/manga, but there are other things there too.
    I checked that site. I didn't found anything I liked. My character is male and there weren't any males that fitted. I wonder if there's any males on that site?

I think any type of picture would do.

Brook V: About the site logging you off, there are ways to help that.
    - If you can, check the box that says "keep me logged in" when you log in and it won't log you out until you do it intentionally
    - If you're creating a character and it logs you off, log back in and use the return arrow of your browser until you get to the character sheet. When you save then, it'll accept it even when you in theory go back to where you weren't logged in at - it has the cookie now so it takes it.

But yeah, if you have a browser that doesn't keep the stuff written memorized from previous page, then it doesn't work, LOL. ^^''

I'll take a look to your character soon. I'm sure it's good, though. ^^

Luneire: I have absolutely no idea what the RP shall be called. I don't want it to be named with the same name as our racing team will be, since if later the RP grows...

Do you have any suggestions about the RP name? We can decide the name for the team later in the game. :d

||TOXYC||: Excellent! Now I'm the only one who hasn't done much at all about their character yet. :'D

Maneki Neko: We should have a picture pool (with pictures/drawings we're officially allowed to have there) where from you could take profile pic for your character. Probably many would end up with the same, but many are also worried about breaking artists rights with taking randomly pics from the net. It could be easier for junior members to start off with it.

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

If people are worried about infringing on artists rights, then they're probably best off using stock photos or stock art.

ie:
    http://one-stop-stock.deviantart.com/
    http://manstock.deviantart.com/
    http://fairytalestock.deviantart.com/
    (Warning that there may be nudity in there, since it's stock art. But it should have any mature photos blocked depending on your settings.)

There are other stock places on DA too, so it should be easy to find stock photos. Stock art is rarer. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I just read through your rules for your 1 on 1 search. You wanted two paragraph and 4 lines each. I'm unsure if I'll be able to do that much as my RP exp. is lacking.

Maneki Neko: Stock pictures can be used for RPs only if it's stated so in the rules or the stock provider is asked and they give a permission. Stock photography has often strict rules about how, where and what for you're allowed to use it. So that isn't an easy solution at all.

Brook V: Hey, don't worry about it at all!
    Since we're going to play in a group, shorter entries than that work good too. For 1x1 games that's also and guideline, not absolute must.
    In time you'll learn how to make your posts longer with different kind of things like observations about other characters or even flash backs. ^^
    Last edited by Gess Jahd; 07-05-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gess Jahd View Post
    Brook V: Hey, don't worry about it at all!
    Since we're going to play in a group, shorter entries than that work good too. For 1x1 games that's also and guideline, not absolute must.
    In time you'll learn how to make your posts longer with different kind of things like observations about other characters or even flash backs. ^^
    OK, thanks!

Gess Jahd - I'm gonna stalk some of your threads before offering to rp with you. But I love the cliché rps so it'd either be Teen aged parents or Something that takes place at a small café where the other one works or a mix of both when I do offer. I say this because of different time zones would make it a bit hard to do posts right after each other and I might lose internet soon if my cellphone company decides to be stupid and not give a grace period to pay the bill.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

Reoccurring NPC
    Man already I'm learning so much about resources.. XD.
    A street racing RP game name.. hmm..
    Well.. I.. I can't come up with anything cool XD..
    Something with 'Riders' in it perhaps.. or.. 'night' but we'll probably be racing at any given time.. XD..
    <_<;
    Ah~

^Lol! How about The Red Zone or Zero 2 Sixty?

Quote Originally Posted by ||TOXYC|| View Post
    ^Lol! How about The Red Zone or Zero 2 Sixty?
    For some reason The Red Zones makes me think of Red Light District... O.o
    I'm unsure on Zero 2 Sixty. It sounds good but perhaps a bit cliché somehow.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

I tried to make a picture of my character for ava. I'm not happy with it. I can't seem to make it unique. It just looks generic. :sighs: Generic face with a flashy haircut and cool t-shirt. It also looks asymmetric.
    Last edited by Brook V; 07-05-2011 at 11:42 PM.

xD All the person who wants to use the photo has to do is read the stock-owner's rules and see if it is acceptable to use. Much easier than hunting down artwork they don't feel bad about using and cheaper (and faster) than commissioning someone for the perfect piece if they don't have their own art skills. xD

I'm probably pretty casual about using artwork/photos for character icons since they're only 100x100 and there's no claim that the person owns the art/drew it. xD; It's probably irresponsible of me, but I think it's really "fair use". But I can understand how other people would have more qualms than I do and respect those qualms.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

BoredNeko19: Alright.
    The time zones are actually not too much of a problem with fast reply game - your late morning is our day. We just would need to see when both are online and both can stick for a while to play.
    I hope your internet things get sorted out the possible!

Luneire: Riders makes me thing motor bikes or cowboys. I'm sorry. ^^''
    It's because we got told like million times at 3rd grade: "You DRIVE a CAR but RIDE bikes, horses and motorcycles!" :'D

This is the hardest RP name giving I've ever gone through! I'm kind of happy to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with this. ^__^''

||TOXYC||: Oh man, didn't think about that either... You use miles per hour, not kilometres per hour. This proves out to be more challenging for me all the time.

I'm on the same first thought with Brook V about "The Red Zone", I'm sorry. But, but... There's this awesome (yet two minded) song called "Highway to the danger zone" by Kenny Loggins. It'd sound generic as a RP name without a doubt, but the reason why I'm skipping to suggest it officially is because it's so long. But I recommend listening to the song if you haven't. :'D

Something with "zone" would sound nice, I think. Zone suggestions?

Brook V: You can leave it without a picture for a while or change it later if/when you find or do something more fitting. Don't worry too much about it. Main thing is that the character description is written good, which it is. Your character is a nice person and easy to get along with, but has a bit of problems with avoiding troubles when behind the wheel.

Maneki Neko: Yeah, I didn't mean to insult you or anything and it's true it's not too big of a deal really if it's used for avatar or something as small. ^^
    It's just that as a beginner photomanipulator I am, I've gotten scared good while searching for pics to use. ._.''

Brook V: You can leave it without a picture for a while or change it later if/when you find or do something more fitting. Don't worry too much about it. Main thing is that the character description is written good, which it is. [...]
    I could make a sim and then screen capture. We do got Sims 2 at home so... but maybe it's a bit too cheap, don't ya think?

[...]Your character is a nice person and easy to get along with, but has a bit of problems with avoiding troubles when behind the wheel.
    He's a street racer... he supposed to drive fast and get into trouble. Thanks.

Reoccurring NPC
    lol. You poor thing D:
    I like something with district in it.. it must be so..
    Now what kind of district XD <333

Brook V: Well, not officially yet, since he has no team. ;D
    Actually, he could be the one to start it off since he already is into "playing" with car.
    And I'd vote for trying to avoid trouble, but it being quite impossible with this kind of life style as street racing.

The Sims 2 is always good! I love that game! >u<
    I think you can if you want to. It'd be good way to make pictures for characters later on too, really. Since you kind of own what you make with it and it creates nice looking people. ^^

Luneire: ZONE DISTRICT! Solution! I has it! xD

Seriously speaking something district would be very nice too. ^^

Okay, now all... I was street racing today myself and had to wake up early for it so I'm off to sleep now (you can notice I'm very tired from how restlessly giggly my posts are...).

Tomorrow I'll finally finish my character and unless here is some good suggestion, I'll make 50 of them and we just gotta choose one of them. xD

Oh - don't worry. :3 I'm not insulted. It really is a fine line to walk between "fair use" and "following the wishes of the artist". It really comes down to doing what you feel most comfortable with, even if "legally" you are safe. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Brook V: Well, not officially yet, since he has no team. ;D
    Aw, shoot. Didn't think of that. Is there any way it can be ok that he has some history of driving... a bit too fast? Or shall I change his history?

Actually, he could be the one to start it off since he already is into "playing" with car.
    And I'd vote for trying to avoid trouble, but it being quite impossible with this kind of life style as street racing.
    I don't know about that... I'm just a beginner. It's too much responsibility. :/
    We can try... but we'll likely end up in trouble sooner or later.

The Sims 2 is always good! I love that game! >u<
    I think you can if you want to. It'd be good way to make pictures for characters later on too, really. Since you kind of own what you make with it and it creates nice looking people. ^^
    Great! Will do that tomorrow.

Okay, now all... I was street racing today myself and [...]
    O.o
    Last edited by Brook V; 07-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Reoccurring NPC
    I love you people.
    I thought of Zone District too but you know..
    I'm cool with voting. :').
    I like the idea of Brook's character starting it up too.
    I'm sure it'll be great. ^_^.
    It'll work out~
    I just need to find the time to finish my character.. wish I had a llaptop.. maybe Ic an borrow my moms
    I'll be gone fri-sun at her wedding..
    but I'm sure I can borrow it at some point.. now I just need to remember to save my data onto my flash drive.

Brook V: Hey, the history of your character is the reason why I suggested you to start up the team. If you feel worried about it, it could also be shared leadership with some other character. For example the other taking care of racing places, studying the whole thing (since they're n00bs... ) and your character teaching the people how to drive/taking them to drive etc. because he knows the place and how to do the basic stuff at least.
    Haha, not literally. I'm in driving school currently.
    Tomorrow going to drive again, by the way...

Luneire: Aww! ^^
    Zone District sounds funny and it sticked to my mind from the beginning- it's epicly over cliché. Brook V and ||TOXYC||, are you OK with this name? ^^

I've been the most of a procrastinator with finishing my character. Still haven't... >.<''

Reoccurring NPC
    Or it could be like Zone 5 District 8 but with like other numbers.. or words..
    Idk~ >_<

I think Zone District sounds quite lame actually. However I like Luenire's suggestion. It feels like more than just Zone District is needed.

My character can drive... but I can't. I'm planning to begin driving school soon.

I'm alright with the name I just wanna get started lol! ^^

Okay, okay... Here's what I suggest: We start with the name Zone District and if we make this full function RP later, we think the name through again. This whole thing is sort of BETA in any case and we are playing more like the prologue. ^^
    And if it makes any more sense to the game name, they could call different parts of the city different zones, separated by main roads for example and the city is their racing teams own district. Fastly made up explanation... xD

Brook V: Driving is easy to learn, actually. Being "smooth" with it takes a while longer, though. >u<''

||TOXYC||: Haha, good. ^^
    I'll make the game thread and my character finished this evening when I get out of driving.

OK then. I got an idea. One of the Burnout games are called Paradise City. I thought that we could give the city we race in a name and have that as the title of the RPG?
    However I do like the suggestions where different parts of the city has the Zone District tag... Maybe something we could have in the Game world when and if we make a full RPG. Otherwise we could use it in the thread.

The name of the city all live in makes a good name too and you're to free suggest names still. Some day we might have multiple cities but it doesn't matter since this where we start at is the center of all action.
    I'll be working on the game thread today and yeah. I'll also make OOC talk now since we've already filled my 1x1 thread with discussion about this game.

EDIT: Here's the OOC which also takes into the game thread.
    Last edited by Gess Jahd; 07-13-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Reoccurring NPC
    If you're still wanting a 1x1 I'm open. ^_^.
    Since I'm just doing Zone District right now.
    I can try whatever you might be feeling like.