Login to your account

Thread: First RP You've ever played?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    - What was the first style of RP you ever played? (like, was it over the internet freeform, tabletop, chat?)
    This is a difficult question. I've been seriously roleplaying with other people for about a year and that was over the Internet. Before that I played RPG's on game consoles/computers. Never tried tabletop but I would like too. I did some roleplay in Star Trek via chat too.

- And where? (chat is, obviously, chat, but maybe it was over IRC, or IM, or something like that, email, forums, groups?)
    Chat, MMORPG, Console games, Computer games, Sites, Browser games.

- Do you still remember and/or use your first character?
    My first character ever? No, I don't. I don't even remember the name. It hasn't affected my other roleplays. Later characters have made me prefer mages or people with mage-like abilities though.

If applicable:
    - What was the first tabletop (rp) game you played?
    N/A

- What was the first internet (rp) game you played?
    RuneEscape.

- How about your first chat game? Where was it on?
    Star Trek Simulation Forum.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gess Jahd View Post
    There's the short version of my RPing history. It also explains why I never have got accustomed to pairing roleplays...
    It hurts my eyes and heart to see what sort of things they play on some sites and what is considered as "roleplaying" in many of the cases.
    What is "pairing roleplays"?
    What'd you mean with [...]what sort of things they play on some sites and what is considered as "roleplaying"[...]? Does people nowadays roleplay in a way that isn't roleplay? I know of drama, stealing boyfriends and other shit from Twitter roleplay. Could you elaborate your thoughs on the matter?
    Last edited by Brook V; 06-28-2011 at 09:34 PM.