Login to your account

Eternal Sands - Closed

These are but a few stories in the desert world of Amara, and in time, when their final pages have turned, they will be buried in the sand and it would be as though they never happened at all.......

Tags: adventure, amara, bandits, desert, empire, eternal, fantasy, fiction, magic, nomads, punk, rebels, sands, science, shadow

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: enkerzed

Created: 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

Many eons ago, the world became a sandblasted realm of endless dunes and eternal winds, but life goes on as technology and magic evolve side by side. Adventurers search for ancient ruins and artefacts, warriors pit their strength against gargantuan beasts, clans battle for territory, brave souls keep the darkness of an ancient evil at bay, a young elf leads the rebellion against the largest empire in existence, and its ruler struggles to keep it all together.

On the desert world of Amara, much of the planet is under the rule of the Marutuk Empire, which faces adversity from not only the elements, but also from rebels, bandits, hostile nomads, gargantuan beasts, ancient terrors unleashed by careless adventurers, and the pure darkness of the Shadow Lord's realm, ever threatening to spill over into the rest of the world. This has been the way of things for thousands of years, and the Empire either shrinks or grows with each passing eon and ruler.

Currently, the Marutuk Empire has known peace for a few generations... a deceiving peace, which the wise would know as only the calm before the storm. Bandits begin to gather for an unknown purpose, rebels rally behind the fiery spirit of their leader, and the Shadow Lord stirs. Indeed, now is a time where the Empire stands upon the crux of a new age; an age of storms, and chaos, and great uncertainty. Where will you stand in all this?

Note that this is a world where the stuff of science fiction exists along with magic, different races, bizarre creatures, guns, swords and armour, and ancient ruins of varying technological levels (eg. one could have robot guardians whilst another has simple spike traps). The world might be a desert all over its surface, but it is yet a diverse place.

Rules

Shit, where do I begin? Well in my experience, RP's tend to go along better the fewer people are involved in a single story, so for a few of em here, it'll be first-come, first-serve, but for other stories, multiple characters could be allowed. You'll know if you look at the story arc's description and see (OPEN) or (CLOSED) in the title.

As you can see, instead of location names, there are names of characters and story arcs. Info about locations and just about anything else will be in the OOC thread, so check there from time to time. I'll be updating stuff as things go along. If there's something you're unsure about, send me a message and I'll try to clear things up.

You may have multiple characters, I really don't mind. If you want your own story arc for your own character, just let me know what I should name it, what details should go into the description, and what character you'll be using. I'll get it ready for ya, is no problemo.

INVITE PEOPLE! Honestly, the more the merrier. Yeah, I know what I said before, but I'm talking about there being more story arcs where I'm not the only one in total control. Side stories are cool and I like to see some going on around here. Just remember to check the OOC threads for world info and stuff.

Btw, the setting of whatever side story you wanna make doesn't HAVE to be places listed in the OOC locations thread. You can make up your own towns, cities, villages and whatnot, they don't even have to have a name. If there's anything you wanna add to the world though, hell, I'm all for it.

General site rules, don't be mean to each other, bla bla bla, have fun... yeah, I know there's a lot of details. That just means more fun, right? :D