Login to your account

predatory ● instincts - Closed

America is losing the war against the spiritual beasts. Her hope lays in the hands of those chosen to wield the monsters from the past - the mecha. Should these select heroes fail, all shall perish.......

Tags: action, adventure, fantasy, ghost slaying, machines, mecha, mechs, saving the world, supernatural, treasure hunting

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 141

1. Characters in this post:
    It was a tragedy to see so many young faces pooled together during the darkest days of man. The glimmer of hope that ones flickered in the iris seemed to have been extinguished long ago. Man nor beast could best the spirits that sought to kill all those that did them wrong - and then some. And yet, during the darkest of times, light has to exist. A small fleck of light that burns brightly, despite all that's pitted against it, that will prove to the world that justice shall always prevail.

Boots echoed down a long corridor that easily reached the lobby where nine bodies stood erect and alert. Piqued interests and curious eyes sought out all the nooks and crannies, trying to get a feel for what this place was really all about. A high ceiling with a bright turquoise strip down the middle illuminated the hall that they were waiting in. No windows existed in this headquarters for the place was built underground, but it didn't make the view any less attractive for images of a fantasy dreamscape decorated the silver walls. Before their booted feet was a surprisingly clean white floor that had tiny, glistening shards of diamond embedded in them.

As the click-clack of a person grew louder, a womanly figured stepped into their view. Her black hair was pulled to the side for a left-sided sloppy ponytail. Her bangs were cut in an "M" shape that danced down past her lopes on either side and the piece in the middle extended to the middle of her eyes, but covered only her nose. Pale peach eyes were rimmed with thick charcoal liner and turned upright with long, black lashes. Her gaze, though a bit cold, had a certain, calming aura to it - it was almost as if her eyes held the key to the future of the world.

It was then when an equally attractive male joined her side. His left arm immediately went to her hips, but the woman was quick to elbow his sweet gesture away. Unlike the woman, who looked Gothic, this male was full of color and what appeared to be life. His rusty brown hair was styled nicely and it never veiled his eyes nor face. Those green eyes of his were inviting and friendly, easily putting all those uneasy stomachs in a state of contempt and tranquillity. The smile on his face probably even drew forth some grins on the nine bodies that were about to receive a welcoming.

"Yo," pursued his lips as he raised his hand to wave. But before the friendly gesture could even happen, the woman at his side smacked his hand. Her stern face seemed to scold him for his overly friendly demeanor.

"What? You told me to come along and 'be myself.' I'm just following your direct orders." The look in his eyes hinted that he was fully aware of what he was doing and he was enjoying it, seeing his woman squirm that is. When his heels clicked together, he swept into a bow and offered up his name. "Greetings and welcome, I'm Agent Sycom; I will be your eyes and ears. Look, I even have business cards!" His hands dug into his pockets and pulled out black card with blue text and trim. It actually looked like something straight out of TRON, especially the border which seemed to move.

While her so-called partner was too busy shoving business cards in the hands of the new recruits, the female massaged her temples. "I'm Agent Daliah," the woman hissed over Sycom's idle chitchat. "I'm the one that recruited you and-" her eyes shot to Sycom, "I'm beginning to regret it."

Thankfully, Sycom was on the side that favored the new members so he was the first to combat her attack. "Hey now, these nine were the best of the best. Exactly what you were looking for. Why, they already filled their identification cards out and had the psych eval by Agent Dr. Feelings."

"Dr… Feelings?" Daliah's brows twitched.

Cheeky grin on his face, the redhead leaned into the rather tall woman. "Yup! It's his new nickname. Made it official and everything!"

"Simon…" her pupils narrowed with annoyance.

As his let eye twitched, Sycom ran behind the row of new recruits. "Anyway, why don't you follow me and I'll get you all started on the tour. We'll meet Daliah after the tour and we'll brief you on your missions and purpose." Beckoning the nine to follow, he took off down a different corridor that he had not previously walked up.

"To your right is our testing lab. Some of you will have assignments here when you're not out on the field. Our testing labs are state-of-the-art and highly advanced. Daliah spends a lot of time in here as he wants to make sure everything is cooked to perfection." His hands trailed across to the left side. "Up on your left is the shop. As the name hints, this is where you'll be rolling the big guys into and, from there, we will work on some upgrades and damage reduction. Usually the shop and the testing labs work hand-in-hand."

About five minutes later, the ten walk into a large open room where they are standing on a balcony that overlooks what appears to be a giant arena. "The battle doom," his side smile came onto his face. "Here is where you'll train and learn how to handle your partner in crime. You'll spend a lot of time in here." Removing his resting hands from the railing, he pointed to the far right and left corners. "The men are to the right and the women to the left. That's the backdoor to your sleeping quarters."

With the flick of a switch, the balcony started to descend toward the large arena blow. It was a bit nosy, but it was still neat to read the lift. When it finally landed on the concrete floor, a large boom echoed through the doom. "We're going to walk through the women's side just because it's clear and, quite frankly, it seems better." As the neared the red door, he punched in a code on the door and, to the awe of all, the door became transparent.

"You'll all be given a unique code. We want to track your whereabouts in here. So, yes, we'll know if you go into the other gender's side. It's not frowned upon - it's actually encouraged, especially since you're on co-ed teams."

The tour through the housing unit was fairly fast. The rooms were chunked off with six per suite. Each suite consisted of a living room, 1.5 bathrooms, a kitchen, an empty room, and six bedrooms each with a walk-in closet. For the most part, the houses were already painted and color coordinated. On the outside of each suite was a list of the tenants. It also showed the status of said people. If they were "out" it listed out. Those that were in had messages that either read busy, away, sleeping, or available.

The housing complex eventually lead to an underground courtyard and park. Despite being underground, it looked exactly like the aboveground version of Central Park, only significantly smaller.

"There are a lot of restricted areas," Sycom said when they passed a lot of doors and tinted windows. "Daliah's office is the one down the hall with the large butterfly statue guarding it. My office is down that hall. You all have access to visit me. I'm your IT guy as well as… well, your eyes and ears as I said earlier."

Their foots steps were soon met with another pair. "Ah, Daliah! The are ready for the mess hall and then onto the assembly room." Taking the shortcut through the mess hall, the crew eventually reached a large auditorium-like room. Above the doors that opened up into the room read "ASSEMBLY ROOM." Inside was a stage as well as hundreds of rows of chairs.

"I want something more informal," the head lady finally stated. "Let's go to your office."

"My office? Eep! It's not clean…."

"I told you to clean it last week just like I told you to clean up the room."

"Whaaa! No! I told you to clean up the room. It's your stuff."

As the two bickered their way toward Sycom's lab, the gang passed by a few men in uniform who were racing toward one of the exits. "Must be a spirit sighting," Sycom said without much thought.

Pushing through the large steel doors, Sycom's face expressed a large grin. "Welcome to my world," his eyes peeked over to see the faces of the new recruits. Some of them stood in awe as they feasted their eyes upon large, glowing columns of neon liquids and dyes. Computer cables raced from side to side and, in the center, sat three chairs of what appeared to be a hologram of the world.

"Pretty neat, eh?" Hands crossing over his chest, he walked toward his chair. "I'm head of operations. I use this map to pinpoint ghost sightings as well as gems and mecha."

"Simon… they don't know about gems and mecha yet."

"Yes they do! They were… oh… oops." A sheepish grin appeared on his face. "Okay, let me start by explaining! You nine have been hand-picked by the agency to work as our field ops, as you know. Your job is to find the mecha from years ago."

"A hundred years ago," Daliah corrected.

"Yeah, one hundred some odd years ago." He heard her sigh. "Now, to power a mech, you need a gem. A base gem to be exact. Base gems are just ordinary gems, but they aren't that easy to come by. Why? There is only one base gem per person born. Each of us are bonded to a gem and we must find said gem."

"Once you get your gem, you will need to find a mech. Sycom has found a herd of them in Ohio so once you make your pit-stop at the Smithsonian, you need to head northwest."

"You'll know which mech is yours because it's eyes will glow when you make a connection. No glow means no bond, which means it's not your mech."

"Questions?" Daliah tried to grin, but seemed to fail so she returned her face to her usual expressionless demeanor.

Odds were, most, if not all, the new members had a question or rather questions as neither Sycom nor Daliah went into much detail about anything. It was quite evident that Daliah had no interest in explaining anything either as she spent the next few seconds staring at the clock on the wall. Sycom, on the other hand, seemed far too eager; it was almost as if he purposely left stuff out so they would ask him stuff.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to attend a meeting. Sycom, I leave them in your very capable hands."

"Aye-aye, babe!"

Snake-like eyes turned to him and the sound of a rattlesnake's tail could almost be heard. "It's Agent Daliah or Boss."

Cowering some, he winced while correcting himself, "Yes, ma'am."

Once out of the room, Sycom let out his held breath. "Whatever you do, don't call her anything over than sir, ma'am, boss, or Daliah. Anything else and you'll have to… sleep on the couch." He was distracted for a moment but he quickly whisked away his thoughts on spending another sleepless night on the couch at Daliah's mansion.

"So yeah, questions? Comments? Concerns?" His green eyes skimmed over their faces. Smile on his face, he laughed. "I promise, no question is a bad or stupid one."

2. Characters in this post:
    Duke, a fairly unattractive but muscular man standing at 9'3", was lazily gazing at the ceiling, brushing it softly with his fingers. At Daliah's exit, he was awakened from his reverie, looking down at Sycom in shock and surprise, virtue of his lax attention. Realizing that the eyes were on him, the dusty blonde giant of a man furrowed his brow and asked "Are regular check ups with Dr. Feelings required? And is she always like that?"

He gestured behind him to indicate Daliah.

3. Characters in this post:
    Chuckling at Duke's questions, he couldn't help but want to response with something witty. However, being new and not quite used to his antics, he refrained from his initial comments. Instead, he opted for something short and simple.

"Dr. Feelings is on an 'as needed' basis. If you find that you want to talk to someone or if you just want to have another eval, you are more than welcome to visit him. Daliah's only visited him once. I visit him once a week. We also go out to lunch every Thursday. And we play tennis on Tuesday evenings." Realizing he was rambling, he returned back to the question asked. "So, to answer your question, regular cheek ups aren't required unless you've experienced something he deems traumatizing."

Drumming his index finger on his lip, the redhead tried to figure out the best way to answer his second question. He opened his mouth a few times, but nothing came out. Eventually, he just shook his head yes. "She's even like that to me - and I'm her boyfriend…." With a simple shoulder shrug, he added, "She had a rough childhood, though. I suppose we can just use that as her excuse."

4. Characters in this post:
    "Nya-nya-nya. I am very confused. I thought I was signing up for a photoshoot. This place doesn't look like a studio…." Her wide-eyed stare looked around the room, noticing that there weren't any cameras whatsoever in sight. "Le sigh. I did not sign up for this."

Pouting, the brunette rested her head on the arm of the woman standing beside her. Arms linked together at the elbows, she kept her frown as she whined some more. "I'm tired and my feet hurt."

The woman she was leaning on let out a sigh of annoyance. "Qingge-chan, you can't keep doing that. You need to stick with it. You negotiated to have me join. You can't just quit because you don't like what the people here wear…."

"That boss lady was the only one fashionable," she chirped before circling the group as if she were a vulture. "Sycom, darling, do we get to have our own wardrobes for whatever the hell we're doing?"

"Qingge!" her older sister hissed at her but was a bit interested in the answer so she didn't chide her future. A uniform of sorts would be nice as she was currently sporting torn blue jeans and a plain, white t-shirt. It hardly seemed fighting for battle.

"We better. Since we will, I would like to be in-charge of constructing outfits."

"Oh god help us all," O-Huang muttered to the person beside her. She already knew her sister would force her to wear something showing off her legs and that wouldn't do.

5. Characters in this post:
    Duke nodded, running his fingers through his hair. Appearing very much confused, he shifted his weight and shoved an immense hand into the immense pocket of his immense jeans.

"Thank you sir. I just have one other question; where is there a bathroom suitable for one of my proportions? It may be important."

His diction was oddly formal, and he sounded like his tongue was having a hard time moving around the words, as if they were pebbles in his mouth.

6. Characters in this post:
    So this is the Agency, eh? Baby Doll thought in her head as she stood a little off to the side, so that she wouldn't be very close to anyone. Her eyes stayed glued to the floor, not wanting to make eye contact with a single person. There was no doubt that she was the smallest, and shortest person there. Not to mention that she was probably the only person with purple hair.

She let out a silent sigh as she tried to pay attention to what the man known as Sycom was saying. Though her mind was elswhere, she tried her best to center out the key information of waht he was saying and decided to ignore the rest. She gave one quick glance at the people around her. Better get used to all of these people being around baby, cause it doesn't look like your going to be by yourself any time soon.. She sighed again, bowing her head a little and let her long purple bangs fall infront of her eyes.

7. Characters in this post:
    Is she an alien, Sycom kept asking himself as Luli continued blabbering on. Her voice was high and squeaky and it was really getting on his nerves. Finally, she shut up.

"Daliah already informed me that you would be requesting such services. Although we cannot force everyone to wear your designs, you are welcome to create to your heart's content." There, that ought to keep her quiet. He felt genuinely sorry for everyone on Team B, which included her sister and Polar Bear. Thankfully, of all the candidates, PB seemed to be the only one capable of not killing the childish lass.

Shaking the thoughts away, he redirected his attention toward Duke. "Have no fear! We have everything you'll need to scale and size. High ceilings, wide stalls, enough food to feed a pack of wolves - why, we even found you an extra, extra long bed." Blinking twice, he smirked. "You've got nothing to worry about. We accommodate all our agents in all means possible. We're like a seven-star hotel, only we're without rooming charges. Although, one could argue that the lack of pay covers the lack of fees and charges..."

Shit. With his lips drawn tight, he furrowed his brows. He wasn't supposed to tell them they were 'free' labor. Oops. Daliah would have him sleeping in the doghouse tonight. The nonexistent doghouse. Oh well, they would discover this sooner or later. It was in the fine print, after all. "All agents don't receive pay for this work; instead, all agents are provided with the highest of standards with regards to living and technology." Who knows if they read everything they signed.

"Any other questions?" His eyes shifted toward PB and the other ladies. Surely one of them had something on their mind.

8. Characters in this post:
    Duke remained unbothered by the lack of pay. Assuming he was still allowed to operate his garage (which as of now he was no longer living in, thank goodness) on his days off, money from his tourist trap and the garage itself would more than suffice his humble needs.

Unless Sycom required him to bring his mecha model here. Dangit.

He ruminated in thoughts, unsure how to feel. His face was blank. When was dinner, he wondered.

9. Characters in this post:
    Sarah had waited for the day when she finally arrived at the Agency. She had gone through a long and boring joining process that kept her patience on edge. However, she was finally here, and the first person who caught her eye was that Sycom character. He seemed like someone she would easily get along with. She didn't pay much attention while going through the tour. Although the shop peeked her interest. She would probably be asking to help on some machines while she wasn't in the field. Finally, the tour was over and they had decided to finish it all in Sycom's office.

Inside, Sarah was shocked by the equipment. Each piece of machinery and computer tech interested the mechanic inside of her. Her hands itched to take it apart and see how every little bit worked. The wires that were strung to and fro in the room almost resembled the mechanic muscled that showed on her left arm, where she got in an experimental bomb accident. Testing bombs is fun and all...but when you blow off your arm, it's not as fun. Even though she didn't quite mind it. Now she has a metal arm that she made her self.

Sarah looked at her fellow recruits, analyzing each one. The big dude seemed easy enough to get along with but the girl who continiously wined about being her was getting on her nerves. Sarah pulled out a wrench from a holster on her front apron and started to flip it in her hand. She needed something to ease the itch in her hand. "Are recruits aloud to help out in the shop when we aren't on the field?" She finally asked, "Looks like something that would suit me."

10. Characters in this post:
    Standing at the back of the group, a brunette leaned against the wall quite languidly. A small smacking was coming from the gum she chewed and occasionally blew bubbles from. Her mint eyes cut from the ground and up to Sycom, who was speaking to them. She couldn't care less about the random things they were saying, zeroing in only on the important things about housing and mechs. The technology was quite impressive, but Bili would never let on that she was impressed. She mayve been new, but that didn't mean theyd get special treatment. After allowing the expression of utter boredom to conquer her face, Bili let her eyes roam over the rest of the new recruits.

One of them was standing silently. She was short, purple haired, and alone. How odd. Typically young people were social, but this girl didn't appear to be. After leaving that girl, her eyes fell to the girl that looked like she knew what the hell she was doing. After the woman asked about using the shop, Bili immediately made up her mind that that girl would be a good strong ally. Letting her eyes roam again, she found a man that was basically as tall as the ceiling. The mint eyes went up to his face, and she pretty much had to crane her neck to see his face. Bili was fairly certain she only reached his hips. Finally they fell on the last two, and anger flared up at the girl.

"Oh COME on, this girl? I thought you guys were the Agency and only people that could actually DO the mission. I mean really, could you have FOUND something more whiny and ill suited to the mission? " Finally pushing herself off the wall, Bili strode forward, purposefully shoving the whiner lightly as she stood at the front of the group. "I mean she thought this was a photoshoot, how the hell d'you think a girl like THAT could EVER wield a mech?" Placing her hands on her hips, Bili set Sycom with a nice long glare. She scoffed as Sycom said that girl would be able to make clothes and at the hint of her making clothing for them, Bili's expression soured even further. Though it was first meeting meeting with Sycom, Bili wasn't shy to have her feelings heard.

"Oh HELL no Sycom, I am NOT wearing ANYTHING that fluffy little cotton candy unicorn lovin' cupcake designs! You understand me!? Bili snapped, eyes cutting hard to the whining model. That girl wouldn't last five minutes in the middle class suburbs, much less the dangerous wilds. Hopefully thise werkd personality profiles were good enough so the agency knew better than to try and pair them together. Allowing the displeasure to remain on her face for a few more moments, Bili turned and walked back towards her original spot at the rear of the group.

"I like you, you look like you know your shit." Bili whispered with a small grin as she passed Sarah, regaining her spot as the other people asked questions.

11. Characters in this post:
    Bothered by the conflict that was rising, Duke voiced a question that had been bothering him for a while. "What if you bond to a mech without eyes? How will you know it's yours?"

He gazed round at the people round him. They all looked so... Boring. Plain. Derivative. Mostly white, some Asian, and some interesting hair dying going on, but that was hardly a sign of originality. However, his eyes lingered upon one individual: the man in the armor, whose lack of identity made him the most interesting there for Duke.

He straightend his back and just wished people would shut up and this could get over with.

12. Characters in this post:
    Gabriel stood in the midst of the crowd his head on a swivel, Gabriel had many run ins with the The Agency none of them in positive standings. Gabriel enjoyed their underground base and was quite interested in seeing their shop closely. Upon arriving at Sycom's office Gabriel was intrigued by all the tech in it. Gabriel stepped inside the room his hand fluttering in the air wondering what buttons to press. Gabriel Shook his head..No no...probably a bad idea...maybe later I'll come in and poke around. Not like I can get into anymore trouble with the Agency anyway...

Gabriel raised his hand "Yes question! Let's say hypothetically if we have broken the law numerous times...would those crimes be forgiven and or forgotten since that person is now working for you? Not that I have committed any crimes..."

Gabriel blended back into the crowd, as well as he could being in full armor "Also when will these teams as you call them be chosen?"

13. Characters in this post:
    Max walked in with a hangover and stood behind two women that were arguing about something and said "Heya ladies, what're you talking about?" he smiled despite feeling like a bus hit him then decided to go back and hit him again.

He was wearing pure black sunglasses to cover his eyes and was wearing his usual coat and trousers and of course the beanie to keep his head warm.

14. Characters in this post:
    Nodding his head at Sarah's question, he walked over to a computer stationed at a desk. "I believe you, Boomer, and Duke are assigned to work at the shop when not on duty. Biloxi," he looked to the girl in the back who appeared rather standoffish, "you'll be part of the testing group of the battle doom." His eyes turned to Lerien. "Baby Doll here will be assisting you." Looking at Princess and then Luli, he frowned a bit. "Seems like Daliah scheduled you two - Princess and Luli - for guard duty along with Polar Bear." He saw the male's lips open and quickly added, "Yes, Fredrick, your Agent Princess." Nodding to Max he interjected, "And you're Agent PB - Polar Bear."

Crossing his arms over his chest, he looked from the man in the suit to the older Chinese woman. "Xiaolian, you're scheduled to work with Dr. Feelings. And you, Paladin, you are actually going to be with me a lot."

A sly grin was worn proudly on his face. "Upon your psych eval as well as birth facts and history given, you were given a nickname - your agency name. Nicknames were hand-picked by Dr. Feelings and I. We picked names that were most suitable for your personality and backstory as well as traits and skills." His green eyes flicked toward Princess. "You can request a change, but it usually isn't granted to new recruits."

Recalling Duke's question, he skipped backwards some toward a large monitor. Touching it lightly, the screen lit up with the words "Welcome Agent Sycom." With a quick slid here and a little tap there, some basic mechs were flashed on the screen.

"The average mech is activated by a connection between gauntlet, man, and machine. The gauntlet holds the gem which connects to your heart while activates the machine. When the bond is made, the machine will come alive, in a sense. It'll turn toward you, bow, and open it's cabin. Usually, the eyes will light up before the bowing part, but it doesn't always happen as not all mech have eyes."

Pulling up an image of a cat-like machine, Sycom stared intently at it. "This was Fang, my mech. She was a hell of a warrior. When I first met her, she tried to kill me. Upon proving my worth, she blowed and allowed me to enter her cabin, which was in her head."

"Some say there is a magical power given to them by the base gems - it's the power that allows them to think freely and move. However, their movement is usually based your mind. They can, however…" his eyes watered, "go against your best wishes."

Turning toward the group, he wrapped his arms around himself. "All mecha are hardwired to protect their rider. They will give up their own life to save yours. If a rider dies, the mech dies. But, if a mech dies, the rider can live on."

Hands in his pockets now, he turned back to the screen. "A dead mech cannot be repaired or fixed. It's also very hard to find a new mech. Usually, you are partners for life." He snorted. "It's a lot like the story of Eragon. Where a man and his dragon bond for life. Mech are like dragons, in a sense. Except for the fact that they all don't breathe fire."

Tapping the screen again, he watched it power off before walking toward Gabriel. Circling him a few times, he clicked on another screen. "Crimes? What crimes? You have a clean record Agent Paladin. See," shifting his weight toward the screen, he smirked. "Says you've got a clean record and have never been in trouble with the law."

"With regard to the teams, they have already been picked. Although some teams might appear stronger than others, I can assure you that they are all equal. Where one lacks in strength, they make it up in heart and determination. So everything should prove to be just fine. Although, for your first mission, you will all be working together. Only after you get your mecha will you officially split into teams."

Exhaling, he wondered when this Q&A session would be over. They really needed to gear-up and begin their march toward D.C. He had this bad feeling that Judgement Day would already be making their march there, too, and it was essential that the agents get their first.

15. Characters in this post:
    "Oh hi! Erm… Polar Bear!" Curtsying, she put a large grin on her face. "I guess I'm Luli and this is my older sister Xiaoling. We were just discussing… her lack of fashion. Don't you agree that she would look stunning in a dress of sorts?" Purring lightly, she nuzzled the woman beside her.

Sighing, the other woman shook her head. "I would prefer not to dress like a woman. I enjoy my plain clothes."

"Plain is boring, girl. You needa spice up your life. Like PB here, I think he would look smashing in a vest, tie, and suit pants. A white button up shirt and those overall straps would just square out his look. A handsome mafia leader! I think it suits him, don't you."

"Umm… a… a… ummm," turning away with a light blush in her cheeks, she saw that the man beside her was this so-called 'Princess.'

"Don't look at me. I know better than to join a game of cat and mouse," he said in a very monotone manner. "So when's bedtime? Or dinner? Or naptime?"

"Eh?! Naptime. The day is so young. You cannot be sleepy," Luli bounded over to Princess' side. "Princess, you need a tiara."

Smacking her forehead, Xiaolian moved beside Maxwell. Muttering to herself, she wished her sister had never signed her up for this crazy mission. Saving the world was meant for people like Duke, Biloxi, Boomer, and Baby Doll, not her. With a sigh, she covered her chest with her arms while silently trying to wish everyone away.

"What are you talking about? It's too early to be awake. And I would wear a tiara. It gives me an excuse as to why I can lounge around all day."

"You are a disgrace to men!" With a firm head nod, she pouted her way beside Polar Bear. Linking arms with him, she cooed, "Promise me you'll never be rude, arrogant, and lazy like that bum!"

16. Characters in this post:
    Duke grinned an ugly grin, his lips pulling apart to reveal big tombstone shaped teeth.

Finally, he thought, a chance to work on real mechas. Was he abandoning his dream of creating his own? No, not even a little bit. He was furthering his goal.

He looked around, eyes settling on the girl who had asked about the shop. So she would be his coworker. Better get used to the idea.

17. Characters in this post:
    Sarah watched the, obviously, younger female burst out in a fit of anger. Sure, the girl was annoying and whiny, but making a scene was not going to help. It would probably cause her to whine more. She eyed the girl as she started to walk back to her spot, but slowed as she passed Sarah. Sarah scoffed a bit and looked in another direction. She might try to get along with her, but Sarah wasn't one for people who blew up over everything. Ok. That's a little hypocritical. Seeing as she would do the same if she got really pissed off. But still... She had her priorities.

Sarah looked up at Sycom as he started to explain their off duty positions. She smirked hearing that she was apart of the mechanics crew and that she would be working side by side with Mr. Duke. She took in her nickname as well - Boomer - She liked it. This would work for her. Sar- I mean - Boomer looked up at her new tall...huge...humungous...partner. She stared up at him for a while before giving him a small smile and then snapping her head back to look at the wall. That's something I'm going to need to get used to. She thought, taking in her partners size.

Boomer shoved her wrench back into it's holster and crossed her arms. "Well, I'd say if everyone's done with asking questions, we should get goind." She said, "Our Mechs are waiting for us." A bit of a smirk crossed over her pale lips before she looked around the room at her fellow recruits. She wanted to get her Mech now. She could only imagine the technology they possessed. Antique and super natural. She had to get inside of it.

18. Characters in this post:
    "I'd say she'd look nice in a medium sized skirt maybe...but I've never worried about peoples clothes...although she does look like she can use a bit of..." when Xiaolian moved to him he looked to her with a friendly smile "Well welcome to the team I guess, names Max if you don't feel like calling me Polar Bear or P.B" he looked to Luli and Princess sighing a bit "break it up you two...I don't wanna have to be in charge of cleaning up the mess you make".

19. Characters in this post:
    Lerien's heart fluttered as she herd her 'name' being called out. why had she been code named Baby doll? Was it because she looked like a little kid?Ugh..Her eyes flickered over to the woman called biloxi/bili. So..the testing group of the battle doom,eh? I guess this should be..fun. Her eyes looked quickly away as she stood up straight, wrapping her small arms around herself. She sighed a little and waited for instructions on what to do next.

20. Characters in this post:
    Gabriel pondered his new nickname 'The Paladin' he enjoyed it a lot the name had an ere of mystery to it. He already started thinking of ways to implement this new name into some type of tattoo or at least an insignia on his armor. His thinking was interrupted by Sycom passing out new jobs for everyone. Gabriel stood wondering what area he'd be put into, he guessed the shop area seeing as he's had some experience fixing things here and there.

Hearing that he'd be working with Sycom in his lair Gabriel wondered how he was chosen for such a job. Well who should work with Sycom?Oh I know! How about the Gabriel! He's somewhat crazy and loves to cause mayhem and has a rap sheet that puts all others to shame, why don't we put him in the room filled with buttons and weapon control systems!

Not a smart move on their part Gabriel thought to himself. He knew he wasn't going to do anything stupid, at least not for awhile, he really was a nice guy. Sure he had his run ins with The Agency before, in fact he recognized some of the guards as he entered the underground lair. But most of those times he wasn't in the wrong, from his point of view anyway.

Listening to Sycom he was a bit taken back by hearing that he had now committed 0 crimes. Gabriel stepped towards the screen looking at his old mug shot "On one hand I'm very happy that I'm now a morally upstanding citizen, on the other I'm somewhat sad my rap sheet is clean now...it took awhile to get all those offenses on there kind of sad to see them gone." Gabriel rejoined his place in the crowd of people scanning everyone in the crowd getting better familiar with everyone. He figured since he's going to be working with them he needed to know what they looked like.

Gabriel looked first at the one Sycom called Baby Doll she was a tiny thing I'd be afraid to hug her, she might snap in half! Dammit woman eat something! next he glanced over at Bili I bet myself 10 dollars that they put me on the same team as her. Glancing over to Boomer he wondered the story behind her robotic hand I want a robotic hand, now I somewhat hope I loose an arm! Shifting his gaze upwards he looked at the giant Duke I wish we called him Smalls or Tiny, something contradictory to his size Looking over at the final clump of people he saw first the guy they called Polar Bear Really he wants to go by P.B.? Okay Peanut Butter! And finally he looked at the bickering chinese girls Sweet merciful God please don't put me on there team. They would be the first two dead on my new rap sheet Gabriel looked at Princess who obviously wasn't having a good time standing by the chinese girls.

Gabriel walked over to his side and placed his hand on his shoulder "Have you seen this wall over here?" he said as he moved him away from the bickering pair. "I apologize but it looked like you needed some time away from the warring sisters."

21. Characters in this post:
    Duke was getting more and more bored by the second. He shifted his weight, looked around to make sure he wouldn't crush anyone and sat down, legs crossed. He balanced one arm on his knee, hand pressed up against his cheek and pulled his finger along the floor, studying the texture. Lazily, he shifted his gaze. "Hey." He aimed his comment at Babydoll, but had no further commentary.

22. Characters in this post:
    She'd quieted down after her initial outburst. Bili knew that being aggressive from the start wasn't the best idea, but the fact is, if she wasn't being herself she was lying. And then they'd only find out later that Bili had no patience for stupid or weak or whiny. Better they learn now what her buttons are then push them later. Perhaps they would avoid pushing the buttons now that they knew what they were. And Button Number One was Luli. And everything that she was. Bili could overhear her talking about fashion as if it mattered what they wore on their trek. Coming from the background she came from, killing the spirits was all that mattered, and nothing would ever change that.

Her outfit didn't matter, whether or not she had friends or a lover didn't matter, all that mattered was her weapons and her mech, nothing more, nothing less. She wouldn't slow down and she wouldn't stop. She wouldn't wait for some whiny fashionista to pick out her clothes, and she wouldn't wait for a relationship to form with her team. If they became friends, that was lovely, but the fact is there was more at stake here than style or friendship.

She heard her assignments, and finally something akin to a smile graced her lips. Although the nickname was interesting. "Any chance we can shorten that to Bili? Biloxi is rather long, otherwise I like it." She knew exactly where it had come from, it suited her perfectly. Her hometown had been near what was once Biloxi, Mississippi. They knew that Bili was completely dedicated to avenging her family, and naming her after where she'd come from made quite a lot of sense.

A moment later assignments where handed out and she was quite pleased to hear she'd get to go straight to fighting. Glancing over at Baby Doll, Bili wasn't quite sure what to make of her. She hadn't said a word, and was quite small. Likely she was fast though, which could be helpful. Bili nodded at the assignment, and walked over to Baby Doll. Might as well introduce herself. "Hey there. Emmal-I mean Biloxi or Bili." she offered, not being too friendly, but less aggressive than she had been earlier. Baby Doll hadn't pissed her off yet, so there was no need to be rude unnecessarily.

Two men walked by her a moment later, and a small chuckle escaped the girl's lips as she heard Paladin's comment "I think we could all use some time away from them..." she muttered under hear breath, where only Paladin and possibly Princess could really hear her.

23. Characters in this post:
    Riled up by Biloxi's snapping tongue, the brunette gave the girl her tongue and middle finger. "Kiss my cute little ass," she mocked before returning her attention to PB and Xiaolian. "You should take me out on a date," she announced with too much enthusiasm. "After we complete our first mission, that is."

Thoroughly embarrassed at this point, Xiaolian moved away from the 'couple' and found herself standing beside Duke and Baby Doll. Although the one was silent and the other freakishly tall, she was really rooting to be paired up with these two. They seemed nice and the most down to earth. Despite the fact that the comment was directed at Baby Doll, Xiaolian couldn't hold back her meek greeting. "Hello," she said with a bit of a red blush coming to her face. It was hard to tell who she was blushing at, though.

With her sister now gone as well as Princess who seemed to be rescued by the mysterious Paladin, Luli was able to have PB all to herself. "Nya, nay, nay," she cooed into his elbow, "you're my favorite. I hope we're on the same team!" Batting his beanie like a cat does to a ball of yard, she giggled out some gibberish that only her sister would understand (but she was too busy blushing to hear the girl's comment).

Now free from the twin's antics, Princess smirked. "Heh, I feel sorry for whichever team gets her."
    He really had no interest in talking to Bili as she so decided to call herself. Instead, he continued beside Paladin and eventually stood to his side that was furthest from the chick. "Thanks. And," he drummed his index finger on his chin, "that is a nice wall." It was odd how he was talking this much. And rather nicely, too. He could easily seem himself getting along with this guy - and Duke, he very much liked Duke.

"So you were a criminal, eh?" A devious look flashed in his eyes. "Had I the desire to do something, I, too, might have fallen to the ranks of criminal. But, alas, I care not enough to steal, destroy, or kill things."

24. Characters in this post:
    Duke turned around, looking at Xiaolian. "Hi," he said back, not really interested in either conversation. Again, like with Babydoll, the man said nothing additional.

25. Characters in this post:
    Still not reacting to Biloxi's little outburst (he thought it was ill-mannered of her to speak in such a way to a comrade), he slipped on his pair of shades, which acted more like a computer interface rather than sunglasses. As his head wobbled from person to person, he checked their pulse and oxygen levels, as well as the other requested information that Daliah needed calculated. It took about thirty-seconds, which left him with enough time to do a quick tweak to one of the programs he had previously been working on.

Maneuvering past a few of the new recruits, he made a bee-line for a cold, glass table with steel legs. Sycom pilfered through the box and yanked out what looked like nine collars. Tossing one to each of the agents, he ripped open another box which contained eyewear much like his own. It was time to get them on the road. Daliah would be here any minute and if he wasn't ready, he would be ripped a new one.

"That," he said pointing to a matching collar on his neck, "is your communicator. You just touch the collar and you'll be able to talk to anyone. You'll need to specify who, hence the nicknames. If you forget to state who you want, you'll talk to everyone that's on that frequency - so you nine, Daliah, and I."

His hand tapped the box full of the eyewear. "We've got a lot to pick from in here. Some of them can be installed in your previous gear," he said nodding to those with helmets and goggles. "The equipment in here allows you to check the weather, view the map of the local area, and other cool things. You can also read vital signs as well as hot and cold spots. It's pretty neat. It'll also come in handy should you want to play with rockets-" his eyes shot to Boomer and then Paladin.

It was pretty neat to get 'free' gifts. The 'drag' was the fact that wearing them was mandatory. As of right now, all agents were forced to wear an ID tag, these communicators (COMMs), and glasses. Granted, they didn't have to wear them, they just had to be on their person.

The door opened behind Sycom, which startled him a bit, but a very familiar face soon put him to ease. "Ah, how was the meeting Daliah?"

"Lousy. So how far have you- ah, you're getting to where I had hoped." Her pale eyes danced around the room, surveying each of their faces.

"Let it be clear that I have a zero tolerance policy. If you piss me off, I will make your life hell. If you can't play nicely with your fellow agents, then you will find yourself locked away in solitary confident where you will wish you had someone to confide in and talk to. If you destroy anything or think about double crossing me, I won't hesitate to put a bullet in both your head and your heart. Do I make myself clear?"

For not being a military woman, Daliah sure had the whole regime thing down. Her voice had not an ounce of compassion; it was stern, cold, and belittling.

"Complaining will get you in detention, which will just prolong your lack of having powers and a mech. So hold your tongue should you not want to lose out on the chance of a lifetime." Daliah's thin arms moved so that her hands were now looped around her belt. "Sycom, the teams."

"Oh, yes! Team A - Biloxi, Boomer, and Paladin. Team B - Polar Bear, Luli, and Xiaolian. Team C - Princess, Baby Doll, and Duke." The screen behind Daliah and Sycom lit up with the nine agent's faces and names. It also listed them under their correct team. "We highly recommend getting to know your teammates on your trek to Washington D.C."

"Thank you, Sycom. If you would be so kind, could you give the new recruits and I a moment." Batting her lashes at him, she whisked the redhead away. Now alone with the nine, Daliah's wrath could be unleashed. Her pacing back and forth and that nasty scowl on her face were a dead giveaway that she was in a worse than foul mood.

"I know you're all skeptical with regard to everyone else in this unit, but you nine are our only hope. America rests in your very capable hands." A slip of paper was pulled from her pocket.

"Baby Doll, despite your youth and petite size, I have had great pleasure in watching you. Your ability to watch and learn is, by far, the best I've seen. You're also graced with keen eyes and a heart like a lioness. You, my dear, have been given the role of Team C Leader." Yanking a pair of chain-like whips from a box, she handed them off to the purple haired girl. "I hope this weapon serves you will."

"Biloxi, despite your standoffish behavior and arrogance, I have faith in your ability to steer your team down the right path. Your 'lack of fluff' and 'straight to the point' attitude will help clear away any doubt your team will face. You are also a very determined to prove your worth. You, my dear, will be the brains of Team A." This time, Daliah pulled a pair of beautifully crafted throwing knives from her pack. "I hope these prove their worth to you."

"Boomer, once your team is able to overcome your sarcastic and playful demeanor, they will be in the most capable hands. I take pride in your ability to separate pleasure from work and know that you're laid back personality will keep the group grounded and level. It is with great pleasure that I name you, my dear, the Team A Leader." Another weapon was pulled from the bag and bestowed upon the agent. This time, it was a pair of pistols. "I pray these two help steer you down the right path."

"Duke, once your team gets over the fear of your height, I know you will be a very key member of your team. Your strength is peerless and your selflessness will put your teammates in a safe mindset. You will also make one teammate very happy, should you two come to terms with your interests. Anyway, you, my dear, have been given the role of 'Berserker.' You shall serve as both the muscle and the defense for Team C." Not quite strong enough, Daliah told Duke he could grab his weapon on his way out. According to her, there were some modifications made to it. "I know you will be pleased with the changes," she said with a smirk.

"Paladin, although you are a wanted criminal and a hard man to read, you serve a purpose in the agency. You have been able to avoid imprisonment and death, making you the ideal man to set traps and understand the enemy's movement. Like Duke, strength is your strong-suit as is your charm. Both, when used right, can be a deadly combination. It is with great pride that I name you, my dear, as both the Recon and Spy for Team A." Getting a pair of dual pistols from her bag, she handed them to Paladin. "May they keep you out of trouble."

"Luli, although the others will dislike you due to your lack of interest in the agency, you are my personal favorite. Your teammates will also come to enjoy you. Your refreshing attitude and ability to see the light in all things will keep your team at easy and in a good mood. You just so happen to be the fastest, too. It is with great pleasure that I name you, my dear, as the 'Bait' for Team B." With a bit of a grin, she handed a spinner off to Luli. "Keep her close."

"Polar Bear, even though you are easily angered and cocky at times, your ability to be a team player is always welcomed. You've a kind heart and you, like Luli, always find the good in things. You're a charmer and a gentlemen, you will prove to the world that good will always trump over evil. I am happy to announce that you, my dear, have been hand-picked by me to serve as Team B Leader." She hands him a gorgeous pistol that acts more like a sniper. "Use this with pride and he will never let harm come to you."

"Princess, even though you are lazy and unmotivated, your handiness will come in great use. You're also very unpredictable, which is great when it comes to unexpected battles. Your gut instinct is also quite brilliant, when you do decide to use it. I am pleased to give you, my dear, the title of 'the Wild Card' for Team C." Her eyes dilated a bit when she saw the item picked for the male. Scooping up the six katana, she dumped them in his hands. "Good luck figuring out how to wield all six of these."

"Xiaolian, you were not originally chosen to be apart of this agency, but it gives me great pride to say that your hidden potential will shock and amaze all. You are patient, down-to-earth, and a supporter of justice. You're rational and ability to see things as they really are will help bring your teammates back to reality. Your stamina is quite impressive, too. My dear, it gives me great pride to give you the role of 'Knight' for Team B." A shield and sword are pulled from the basket. "Let these two protect you and your sister from harm."

With all the weapons passed out, Daliah rapped her hand on the door behind her. "You can return now and brief them."

Entering the room, Sycom draped an arm around Daliah's neck. "Don't run into Judgement Day. Don't try to kill each other. And don't die."

"Sycom…" Her voice had an air of annoyance to it.

"Okay, okay. Grab your gear, shove some food in your mouth or packs, and march toward the Smithsonian. I'll be giving you information along the way, should you need it. Oh, and don't forget to keep me posted. It will take about three days - without walking - to get there. So I estimate that it'll take you five days to walk there. Maybe six if you guys stop a lot. In Baltimore, though, you'll be able to pick up a military cargo transporter. They'll take you to Washington. So, in more than four days, you guys should be in Maryland."

"Keep us posted."

"Stay alert."

"Remember, you're are only hope."

"And God bless you all."

With that, the two dropped to their knees and bowed their heads. The doors to the room swung open and the hallway was lined with the cheering rally of the other agents. As they were to leave the agency and make haste toward the New Jersey, they would also be faced with a million cheering people who had lined the streets of New York City. Everyone in the United Northern States of America would be praying for the best, knowing that, should the agents fail, death would be upon them all within the year.

26. Characters in this post:
    Sycom began to hand out toys, and Bili arranged them as conveniently as she could on her body. The communicator, while a bit BDSM for her tastes, would become very very convenient. As would the other gadgets. Choosing the most low profile glasses available, Bili put them over her eyes. Immediately they came on, and the stats were popping up all over. It was amazing, much better technology than anything she'd used with the cops. Her ID tag hung around her neck, it was long, nearly to her waist. The gear may have not been the most fashionable things (Which she was certain Luli would be bitching about momentarily, in which case Bili would do her best to keep her mouth shut but no promises), but they were certainly helpful.

When Dahlia entered, Bili's lackadaisical attitude all but evaporated. Things were getting serious, and the gravity of the mission was sinking in on her. Regardless of how annoyed she may or may not have been with the others, the spirits needed to be defeated and there was nothing more important than that. Luli tried to bait her by being a smart ass, and others tried to be rude to her, but Bili wasn't going to let it distract her. She instead chose to focus on Dahlia and what she was saying.

Dahlia proceeded to describe the teams, and Bili could barely contain her relief when she was matched with Paladin and Boomer. Boomer wasn't very friendly with her, but Boomer seemed to know what she was doing. Paladin was already providing her with much amusement, and as she heard their descriptions she could feel the balance of their team in her core. Biloxi wasn't selected to be the leader, but she liked her position. The brains made sense for her, and if anything if would allow her to be the drive behind it. Paladin was tough, and even though she'd been a cop, she could appreciate the genius of a criminal like him. Her department never messed much with people like Paladin, he was too high clearance for them, but him being on her team would bode very very well for her success. More satisfied than she'd expected, she was quite excited to get started.

After a dramatic send off speech, the door opened and Bili and her partners were recipient of many many cheers. It threw her off. Biloxi had friends, sure, but they were gained over time, once her porcupine spindles wore off. Cheers like this were alien to her, but she couldn't keep a slight smirk off of her face. It was time to exact her vengeance.

27. Characters in this post:
    The man stayed seated for Daliah's instructions. Given the height disparity, it seemed the most respectful thing to do. He recognized her desire to lead and her strength of character; illusion of control would easily sate this woman, and he was more comfortable sitting anyways.

After the briefing he nodded at Babydoll, trying to show respect. He had his doubts however. Still, she looked more sensible than that man Princess. What had Sycom said his real name was? Frederik? He moved his mind to other topics. Frederik is an annoying name.

He stood, approaching Daliah and taking the pipe he had supplied when asked for a familiar weapon. It was big-very big, about seven feet long and thick, made of steel. At the end, it widened out a bit, into what narrowly resembled a bulb or a casing. He tossed it from one hand to the other, looking for the modification. He turned to Daliah, nodding his approval with a grunt, not quite sure what the mod was, but not really caring. He did not take any of the supplied specs or collars, being aware that they would not fit. He was one hundred percent positive they would find some for him.

Turning to leave with the group, he walked smoothly behind the rest, not caring much for the accolades of the people. He was no showman.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 141