Login to your account

predatory ● instincts - Closed

America is losing the war against the spiritual beasts. Her hope lays in the hands of those chosen to wield the monsters from the past - the mecha. Should these select heroes fail, all shall perish.......

Tags: action, adventure, fantasy, ghost slaying, machines, mecha, mechs, saving the world, supernatural, treasure hunting

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

| themes |  Treasure Hunting + Mecha + Ghost Slaying + Action-Adventure + Supernatural
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The Recruitment | The Profiles | The OOC

Time.  Only time can tell what will happen to us all.  As the days turn into nights and nights into years, the people of America began to realize something.  They are not alone.  

Spirits from another world have some to haunt us all, seeking our blood so that they can regain their previous form.  Rumor has it, if one of these demon-spirits consume a hundred souls, they will be reborn.  Reborn in America and able to wreak havoc on the people.  The nation is already in shambles due to some unexpected occurrences with technology overloads that caused the first wave of spirits to enter our world.

Over a hundred years ago, advances in technology, medicine, and energy had created a utopia.  All lived in peace and harmony.  Not a soul knew fear and no one worried.  It was perfect.

Until Judgement Day happened.

An explosion ghosted the earth and tore the great nation apart, leaving it in ruins.  One slight miscalculation allowed the gate between the living and the dead to be null and void, giving these spiritual beasts the opportunity to return to earth.  Their twisted souls had become corrupt with years of hatred and vengeance.  Their newfound freedom only made them worse for they discovered their true strength and might.  No living thing could touch them.  They were… unstoppable.

The Northwest was immediately overrun with spiritual beasts as the largest hole between the living and the dead existed in Oregon.  The Southwest held strong, keeping its defenses up.  The Southeast didn't fair too well, but a small region of Florida was able to keep the monsters from whipping their lifestyle from the plane of existence.  The Northeast, much like the Southwest, did an excellent job thwarting the act.  Most of the central states were lost, becoming a region known as "No Man's Land" as it, too, became overpopulated with greedy spirits. Spots here and there were able to hold their own, too.  However, these independent regions aren't known to all for most are too wise as to venture outside their safe zone.  Yet, outside the safe zone lays the answer to all our problems - our only hope of survival.

Rules

O B E Y   T H E   R U L E S
        Each created character belongs to their ‘owner’ whether or not they created their own or adopted one. Do not play another person’s character(s). If you have permission, I must receive a PM stating so. If I catch you godmodding/playing another person’s character, you will result in loss of privileges. However, should a character be an adoptable (let’s use Lelouch from Code Geass as an example), other members can play them – within reason (sorry, Lelouch cannot kill himself, but he can walk around or run after Suzaku). Such posts should not get inside the character’s head and/or talk much.

NOTE: If you are inactive for a set period of time, we reserve the right to move your character, if said character is holding up the RP for everyone else.

◦ ◦ ◦ T W O:  Post Etiquette
        RP posts are to be written in the past-tense.
        Incorrect: His eyes widen as a sharp pain molests his leg. Looking down, he sees a giant harpoon is plunged in his leg just below his knee cap. Winching in pain, he yanks the weapon out.
        Correct: His eyes widened as a sharp pain molested his leg. Looking down, he saw a giant harpoon has plunged into his leg just below his knee cap. Winching in pain, he yanked the weapon out.  **Best line by me. Ever. Poor Melik and his harpoon molested leg.

When possible, please avoid posts that are one or two sentences long. Creativity is key! Please describe what your character is thinking or feeling. If you can’t do this, just mention that the character looks up and admires the smoky white clouds or something along those lines.To avoid confusion, we use a standard set of symbols to indicate certain actions. These are to be used in this RP; there are no exceptions:

Quotation marks ("...") are to be used to indicate speech; ex. "Hello," he said* 
        Italicized words are to be used to indicate self-thought or an inner conversation; ex. Wow, Fritz is really tall… I hope he doesn’t step on me!

◦ ◦ ◦ T H R E E:  Roleplay Conduct
        No flaming. Ever. If you have a problem with someone in the roleplay, settle the issue privately. If you cannot settle it privately, bring it to me and I will do my best to settle it for you, but only if you have tried every possible way to settle it yourself and still failed. I’m not your mother, so don’t come crying to me when things get tough or ugly. Should an issue arise that cannot be settled, I may have to remove both participants. Please try not to fuss with one another.  If you have a complaint to place against another member, please, please, PLEASE bring it to my attention and I will deal with it as I see fit. PM me.

Although this is not adult-rated, foul language is acceptable (you'll probably use it a few times when luck isn't on your side).  However, under no circumstances is sensual or erotic is not allowed (this, in a sense, needs to stay PG-13). If things between characters get that serious, follow up with the ‘event’ in another location (like the adult one x one forum).

◦ ◦ ◦ F O U R:  Keeping Player Knowledge Separate from Character Knowledge
        There may be points in the RP where a secret is revealed. Just because it was revealed does NOT mean your character will know it, unless you are a mind reader (which is highly unlikely). Should you not be sure if you character overheard a secret or dark plot, please ask for clarification.

◦ ◦ ◦ F I V E:  Joining the Story
        Prior to posting in this RP, you MUST complete a profile.  I will determine whether or not your character will be approved.  If you're not certain you meet my requirements, just ask.  I'm usually pretty easy.  Anyway, if you get stuck, just sneak a peek at the accepted profiles.

◦ ◦ ◦ S I X:  Additional Rules
        All rules are subject to change.  If I decide I need to add more, I shall.  Just remember to follow the WTFRPG rules and guidelines as well as my own and you should be a-okay.  Most importantly, have fun!