Login to your account

Thread: Vampire RP in the works. anyone interested?

Background NPC

Vampire RP in the works. anyone interested?

Anyone on the forum familiar with white wolf's Vampire the Masquerade? I'm currently considering starting an rp thread using vtm as a basis. For those of you unfamiliar with it but still interested, actual familiarity with the game won't be completely necessary as I can provide you with a link to the core rule book in pdf format. Only thing really necessary would be knowledge of character creation, and if an interested party were to have questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them to the best of my own knowledge (it's been some years since last I played vtm, so my memory might be a little hazy here and there). The rp will be a kind of "here's a setting. create a character, and let's see where things go." affair with me, as the rp creator, perhaps throwing something in here and there as a possible course for the players to take, not too unlike an actual vtm story honestly. The setting will be in the aftermath of Gehenna, the vampire apocalypse, with my own ideas on a possible outcome of said apocalypse setting the stage.
    I have a couple friends who joined me on the forum that have expressed an interest in the idea, and I thought perhaps there might be some more like minded individuals around. Anyway, just thought I'd throw the idea out there to gague any interest. Let me know either through this thread or a private message. Thank you for you time.

I know what Vampire the Masquerade is (read some articles/reviews of it) but I'm not otherwise familiar with it. It sure does sound interesting to try, though. I'm currently tossing hooks here and there since I have too much time and too little RPs. It's the only concern I have that suddenly I get all busy and have to cut off from free time. But if you are putting this together, I'd be interested to give it a look all around.

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

Background NPC
    I have now actually set up the RP, as best I can atm as I'm sure --with this being my first attempt-- I've probably left some things out, and I will attempt to rectify them as they come to me or people point them out to me. It is entitled Shadows of the Old World: Gehenna's Survivors, so you can now peruse my idea rather than just speculate. The biggest thing I just realized I might have left out is that while I marked the story as "Adult Oriented" that's only because the setting of VtM is usually dark and more adult themed than your average RP. Also I marked it as Intermediate, but I am by no means stating that if you're a beginner, you shouldn't make a character if you're interested. I'm more than willing to help beginners if they needed it because once upon a time I was a beginner myself (actually my first expereince in RP was with VtM, probably why I have a soft spot for it in my heart) and realize that such a status shouldn't preclude anyone from joining and enjoying an RP they're interested in.
    The RP won't actually be getting underway until the start of the New Year. I understand that people won't be available during the holidays (me being one of them, lol). So, go, enjoy your holiday, and we'll get underway next month.

@Gess, Great. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. While I'm by no means what some would call an expert on the game, I understand its ins and outs well enough, and I'd be happy to assist if you're still interested in playing after reading through my vision.
    Last edited by shade_of_retribution; 12-16-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Alright, I'll go give it a look and leave it to bounce around my head for some days atleast (it's easier to make a character that way than just jumping to it). I don't think I'll end up feeling it's not my cup of tea but if it happens I'll let you know as soon as possible.

I'm personally not that great of a RPer and my grammar might be this and that but I sure do try my best. The biggist thing bringing the skill level down is playing on foreign language but yea... I learn new vocabulary every single day and practice grammar constantly.

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night