Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zodiac Program

Zodiac Program

So, I had an idea hit me sometime last night... and thought I would share the framework of what is going on in my mind.

Plot?

12 students, from all walks of life (between the ages of 17-20) have been selected to participate in the mysterious "Zodiac Program", which means you have been invited to an exclusive island designed specifically to suit all of these students needs... from private schooling, exquisite living accommodations and everything else you could dream of. The letter goes on to explain that you were accepted to harness and nurture your talent to it's fullest... (this would be something your character is deemed skilled with, ranging from anything from high performance in academics, athletics... or other talents.)

Upon arrival, things seem all well and good for the new students, but... something seems fishy about this whole scenario... and the students start asking questions. "Why us?" "Who is behind all this?" And they will soon find themselves wrapped up in a scheme they can't get out of...

Wait, okay... what circumstances? What is the scheme?!

I actually don't want to reveal the secret just yet! I'm sure you can only imagine the worst...

Anyway, there are 12 specific roles I'd like to be filled... and you guessed it! I need people to make characters for each astrological sign! And the one rule is, your character needs to carry the traits according to their sign. I would like their to be an even(ish) number of female and male characters. Please only reserve one character for now... if you feel as though you can handle two and would really like that, message me~.

A very helpful website when finding out a little more about Astrological Traits:

http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/

Aries- Reserved for ISOS_Duke
    Taurus - Reserved for ascadellia
    Gemini - Reserved for jingRAWR
    Cancer - Reserved for jingRAWR
    Leo - Reserved for Tigerkytti
    Virgo - Reserved for a91nicole
    Libra - Reserved for Utopia
    Scorpio - Reserved for Schiz
    Sagittarius - Reserved for Schiz
    Capricorn - Reserved for Xavi
    Aquarius - Reserved for True Neutral
    Pisces - Reserved for Xavi

Any questions, throw them my way! As long... as they don't involve revealing the secret. x_x;
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 12-12-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Wows, people keep coming up with such interesting rps to me recently XD I think I would very much like to join this one^^ However comes the hard part, deciding on which sign. Hmm... Taurus is my actual zodiac sign, which I know fairly well... Although Aries, Gemini, and Leo are all pretty tempting too....
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Well, I purposely took this opportunity to venture away from my actual sign. I'm actually a Gemini, which would be fun to play considering their traits... both good and bad! Hahaha~

Oh and thanks for the interest! I haven't made a game in a long time and figured I would give it a go. ^_^

That's part of why I'm conflicted on choice lol I'm pretty big into astrology so I know my own sign quite well... but at the same time it is a direct chance at playing a character with traits different from mine. lol maybe I should flip a coin *ponders*

Just to be completely clear, the talent that the student would have, are all mundane talents (non-magical)?

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I've done that before, haha~ or rolla dice if it's more than one you are choosing between. All signs are fun to play!

And yes, non magical... these guys are normies... for now... >_>

P.S. I already figured out my character. She has a trait I don't think I've seen before on this site, so it'll be interesting to play.

I believe I shall choose a Leo^^ Reading on a Leo gave me some ideas, the most of them all anyways lol I think it could be very interesting playing such a literal Leo. *chuckles* Ooo, may I ask what the trait is, you have me curious^^

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

The Leo has some fun weaknesses that would be difficult yet interesting to carry out. Good choice!! ^_^

Well, one I am pretty sure hasn't been done on the site yet. Or at least not that I am aware of.

She is deaf.

The second one, may have been done already...

She poses as a guy, which... will surely stir up some trouble. xD

Hehe, thanks^^ lol and now my mind is awhirl with ideas to decide between... ahh, stimulating inspiration, gotta love it.

Hm, don't think I've seen any deaf characters yet, that's a neat idea! And posing as a guy, nice lol I have feeling laughter will definitely ensue. XD

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Humble Farmer With a Sword Miel's Avatar
    Oh, I can't resist this one...Can I have Aquarius???

Yay! I love when my ideas set other people off into their active minds~!

And yeah, the deaf thing is actually something I wanted to use for the plot so it isn't totally random. But I have to admit I've wanted to try both these ideas before, and now I get to! I actually can't decide which would be more comical... Having the headmaster behind the Zodiac Program know that "Sully" (the male name she goes by) , is actually Angie and place her in the "female" wing of the housing area (which would lead to a lot of confusion which she would probably wave off as "oh this must be an accient!") or have her placed in the "male" wing of the housing area which would make it even harder on her. (I love harassing my characters! ^^)

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miel View Post
    Oh, I can't resist this one...Can I have Aquarius???
    Heck yes you can!! Thanks for joining!!

Ahaha, both of those choices would be vastly entertaining XD I definitely look forward to this starting (already going through my pics and working on my character lol yes, no procrastination here )

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Yay!!

That site you gave was interesting...checked out mine and its totally me >< especially the dating part, which might be bad...

Awesome, I'm even more excited now that this is gaining momentum!

If you are looking for an idea on how to set up your profile here is my character, it's nothing out of the ordinary. She is pretty much almost done. I want to make the personality section a little more in depth and organized. I don't want to stray too far from the traits laid out on the website.

http://www.wtfrpg.com/roleplay/char....ub=pool&id=419

Oh and Miel, I LOVE astrology... even though horoscopes aren't really accurate these days I do love reading about the signs, the impact of the planets and stars and such... most of it is very true!
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 10-10-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Sully looks definitely interesting! If you don't mind I'll prolly just end up using the profile layout that I always do, it helps me figure out everything I need to know about the character. For example, this is Kyra's profile: http://www.wtfrpg.com/roleplay/char....ub=pool&id=169 Tho, I'll add in more for the personality trait part.

I definitely share your love of astrology^^ Have always had an interest in it and more then once have tried to find a way to implement it into my own creations. And gotta say this is definitely a neat way to do it^^

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I love it too...though I know that its not an exact science, I love reading profiles of my sign and they are actually pretty right on

Ooo... I would like to play Libra.

Might join this one. We shall see.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Yay! I was hoping you two would be interested. I'll reserve that character for you Utopia! I look forward to what you bring to the table... and Xavi I won't be offended if you can't fit another game on your large plate of games... but you know I'd love if you were apart of this!

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerkytti View Post
    If you don't mind I'll prolly just end up using the profile layout that I always do, it helps me figure out everything I need to know about the character. For example, this is Kyra's profile: http://www.wtfrpg.com/roleplay/char....ub=pool&id=169 Tho, I'll add in more for the personality trait part.
    Oh, that's just fine! I really never do a specific "skeleton" or anything like that... feel free to fill it out any way you prefer, just as long as I get a birthday, your sign and a personality section that goes along with the traits. ^^

I just want to point out that I'm a terrible Sagittarius. D:

I HATE when things aren't structured. I'm very possessive. I love mind games. I hide a lot of stuff. I'm very organized. I hate traveling. I live off the little details. I'm VERY moody. Like... very, very, very.... I definitely have emotional problems. I always fret about feelings. I'm highly committed. I'm definitely not reckless and irrational; I'm far from it. I'm calculating and cold. XD I totally don't do one-night-stands, either. And I'm very squeamishness about PDA...
    Last edited by Xavirne; 10-10-2011 at 01:53 PM.

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Miel View Post
    I love it too...though I know that its not an exact science, I love reading profiles of my sign and they are actually pretty right on
    I know! My mom was actually the one who got me into all that stuff... so I have books on it, but all the information in them can be found on the internet. It's eerie how accurate they can be, even the weaknesses are usually spot on. I have a book that tells you your element, color, stone, flower and all that jazz as well. If anyone is interested on that information!

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    I just want to point out that I'm a terrible Sagittarius. D:
    I HATE when things aren't structured. I'm very possessive. I love mind games. I hide a lot of stuff. I'm very organized. I hate traveling. I live off the little details. I'm VERY moody. Like... very, very, very.... I definitely have emotional problems. I always fret about feelings. I'm highly committed. I'm definitely not reckless and irrational; I'm far from it. I'm calculating and cold. XD
    Holy wow! I guess there are always the exceptions. Maybe you're spirit still holds true to whoever you were in a past life... probably... a Scorpio. xD

*looks down in your siggy* Oh no, what?! You are sick? That sucks! Did you take some time off from work/school to get better?

I've always been a Sagittarius. December 20th.

And yuppers. Xavi has a serious case of bronchitis and, no, she did not take any time off from work. She's a trooper. 8D

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Sooooo, I decided I need to be born on the 22nd. I'm definitely more of a Capricorn.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Capricorns make it difficult to get close emotionally because once they let someone in, they do not want to let them go and emotional connection makes them feel vulnerable yet satisfied at he same time. This is an ongoing internal conflict of contradictions inside the Capricorn's mind.
    OMFG. That's me. XD

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Capricorns like being in control of their surroundings and everyone in their life. Capricorns are very cautious but this only to survey the situation before leaping in, they will never make a hasty jump in. They accept change but introduce it slowly so they can get used to it and incorporate it into their life. Capricorns tend to see life in black or white, definitive's only. There are no gray areas for these are areas that are not understood and this makes Capricorn feel uncomfortable. They tend to be in control in a romantic relationship that way they are never vulnerable to another person.
    OMG. Wow. I was born too early. I'm soooooo a Capricorn.

- hangouts -

Trooper = Stubborn!!

D:< You better be taking it easy over there... you are never gonna get better if you don't sit down and rest... which I know may seem impossible for you but I'm serious! Take care of yourself! Unfortunately for me I cannot afford a plane ticket right now to force you into bed (lol...) but you cannot use just the power of will to make your bronchitis go away! ><

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

This is my favorite line; "ongoing internal conflict of contradictions"

Stubbornness. It's my best quality. >3

And I'm on medicine. And I slept for 12 hours on Saturday and 10 on Sunday.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Also, I decided I want Capricorn. So I can forever be sad at how I am NOT that one. XD

- hangouts -

Okay, I will crawl off your back... for now. >_> But I'm keepin' an eye on youuuu...

xD Alright, the slot is all yours, missy!!

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

So that's almost half the slots filled and it hasn't even been a full day yet!! ^_^

Other fun details for each sign; Your ruling planet, Favorable color(s) and Starstone (not to be mistaken with birthstone)...

Aries
    "The Ram"
    Mars
    Red
    Diamond

Taurus
    "The Bull"
    Venus
    Pink
    Emerald

Gemini
    "The Twins"
    Mercury
    Green
    Moss Agate

Cancer
    "The Crab"
    Moon
    Silver
    Pearl

Leo
    "The Lion"
    Sun
    Gold
    Ruby

Virgo
    "The Virgin"
    Mercury
    Green & Dark Brown
    Sardonyx

Libra
    "The Scales"
    Venus
    Blue
    Sapphire

Scorpio
    "The Scorpion"
    Pluto
    Dark Red/Maroon
    Opal

Sagittarius
    "The Archer"
    Jupiter
    Rich Purple
    Topaz

Capricorn
    "The Goat"
    Saturn
    Black/Other Dark Colors
    Black Onyx

Aquarius
    "The Water Carrier"
    Uranus
    Bright blueish greens
    Turquoise

Pisces

"The Fishes"
    Neptune
    Soft Seagreen
    Moonstone

I have always found it interesting that Libra is the only sign that isn't represented by a animate/living thing.

Interesting choices by the way on star stones. I don't think I've ever seen them listed that way. (Yes, I know, starstone, not birthstone.)I quite like the Leo/sun association as well. It fits.

Good to know for the profile layout^^ It might seem like quite a bit of info, but I do find it helps solidify a character for me.

Wow, sorry to hear your sick Xavirne! That really sucks x.x I just finished getting over being sick from strep throat... without meds! Yeah, not the smartest I know, but the doctor gave me ones that did not react well... and didn't have time with all the moving to go back. So strength of will beat that down, booyah! Now just for my voice to stop fading on me...

lol I'm so very much a Taurus it's almost scary. I also happen to be an Ox on the Chinese zodiac. And reading over the Taurus descript there again... not a single thing is off about me.

On a random note... I now have two lady bugs in my house o.o Started off with one and now suddenly there's two.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    I have always found it interesting that Libra is the only sign that isn't represented by a animate/living thing.

Interesting choices by the way on star stones. I don't think I've ever seen them listed that way. (Yes, I know, starstone, not birthstone.)I quite like the Leo/sun association as well. It fits.
    I actually have taken a liking to the starstones more than the regular birthstone. But yeah, I have noticed that they are the only "object" out of the list. The scales are a very important figure in society though.. and mythology. I have to say I like their symbolism~!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Oh and Kytti! I am pretty sure lady bugs in your home is good luck of some sort.... or at least that is what my grandmother used to tell me.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

And as a progress update, I will have the actual roleplay up and in the workings by Wednesday mid-day at the latest~!

From what I've read, the starstone for libra is peridot (though it started off as a diamond, then sort of changed over time...like most of the stones). I think it just depends on which resource you read.

Oh I didn't know that! Feel free to choose either preference, Utopia~.