Login to your account

Thread: How do YOU roleplay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Do you rp in first person? third person?
    I normally stick to third person.

Past, present tense?
    I tend to go all over the place with this it normally gets fixed when i edit which i do a lot but things slip through. Same as Aerion though i try to stick to past tense for large posts and if it is something quick back and forth, present tense works.

Are you a one-liner, purple-proser, middle-ground kinda person?
    Depending on the type of RP it differs, if it is just for fun one liners are good, But when I'm in a good game i tend to go over the top at times. I didn't really discover RP'ing until i was a Jr. in High School and i had already started writing a book so i tend to Describe everything so that you can imagine what is effecting the character and what he thinks/sees. ((I've never finished anything other than a short story.))

Do you like long posts or do long posts bore you?
    I like long posts if it sets up things or tells me what is going on or what might be coming my way, if it is just dialog and not important i get bored fast.

Do you always play guys, girls, both (or other)?
    I mostly play guys I have played an occasional girl but that's normally with a Guy character I'm playing too because they are a team.

Do you play by placing actions between ** or other types of symbols?
    I only do that in forums or fun goofy RP's that are not intended to go anywhere otherwise i do the whole everything that is not in "" is actions or Descriptions.

Do your characters think in italics, or **, or anything else?
    I put my character thought or something along those lines unless it has to deal with Cra & Syer and then technically Syer is another person just inside of Cra, so that is them talking just no one else can hear it unless they are Psychic same goes for the others in the sword.

Do they talk in "", or '', or --?
    in real games "", in quick ones its just regular talking with actions in **

Are you freeform or dice-oriented?
    I've done a lot more freefrom but i have also done dice tabletop games what was i again lvl 14 Paladin 3rd edition something like that XD.

do you maybe adapt to the situation?
    I am very good at adapting to the situation.
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-19-2011 at 09:22 PM.