Login to your account

Thread: Oh hey art!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So here's something a little different than what I usually do.
    I went back to school today after going on a long vacation and I realized there were some assignments I've done over the past two years that I'm rather proud of. So, instead of more watercolor paintings, here are some stuff I did for school.

I didn't start out in Graphic Design. When I initially got accepted (2011) it was for the Animation department. I wasn't too good at it, but I'm rather proud of the final assignment we got last year.
    The class picked out a song, and each student got about 10 seconds out of it that they were supposed to animate. We were instructed to make an animation of Bart Simpson dancing. When the assignment was finished we put all the 10-second segments together and got a Bart Simpson clip.
    Anyway, you can watch my part of that video here.

Onward to more current stuff. I did start my second year in the animation dept. during Oct. 2012, but realized very quickly that I wanted to switch departments. After making enough trouble they let me transfer to graphic design, but I have to do first year all over again, because it's a different degree. So. Yes.

Some stuff from illustration class:

A portrait of Peggy Lee, done when I was still in Animation:

Some cross-hatching practice:

Dry brush portraits:

A drawing of my bedroom made from cut-out wallpaper:

Surreal breakfast:

And what I've been working on for most of my recent vacation: every year first year students are ordered to make a hyper-realistic painting with acrylic on wood. Usually you have to draw a wrapper of some kind, but this year, our professor decided we were going to draw feces. I shit you not.
    Included under spoiler for those of you who don't really wanna see it.
    Spoiler Spoiler

On to some stuff from sketching class (nude models obviously not included):

Now this isn't essentially school-related, but when I was still in animation a bunch of us were working on producing\filming\acting in a Youtube comedy\action series. While we ended up abandoning the project because the producers sold the idea to some or other production company after we set up a Kickstarter for the show, I still giggle uncontrollably whenever I run into some of our promotional stuff. I'm the chick on the right.

Some photography assignments:

Onto various assignments for various classes:

A "peephole box" (as the assignment defined it) made as a gesture to an amazing show in New York called Sleep No More. It contained a rotating device inside with images from the show or its rules, and in the headphones you could hear one of the tracks from its soundtrack.
    The full construction and images included in the box can be found here.

A poster made for one of my favorite musicians, Nick Cave, in his outfit from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' video for In the Ghetto.

Another portrait of a loved musician, this time David Eugene Edwards, made entirely out of his own lyrics.

Logo-type designs for a fictional country band:

A fashion magazine made for - that's right - Jesus. You can view the rest of the magazine here.

Last, a Rorschach stain inspired by the works of street artist Matt W. Moore.

I guess I just wanted to show I can do other things but paint nicely. X:
    Every man is evil, yes, every man's a liar
    An unashamed with a wicked tongue sing in the Black Soul Choir