Login to your account

Thread: Hola amigos and amigettes

Hola amigos and amigettes

Well hello to the peoples of WTF. I'm a newbie...which is probably evident by a) this post, b) my join date, and c) that probably none of you have ever seen me before. Honestly, it's been quite a while since I have been on any kind of site like this one, and the reason I am here is at the suggestion of one of your own. That being Strude...she skyped me and told me that I should join y'all.

I've been role playing in one form or another for about thirteen to fourteen years now, starting back in my early teens with 3rd edition Dungeons and Dragons. But aside from that, I have done forum roleplaying, IM roleplaying, and even some live action roleplaying so I have been around the block a bit so to speak. Topically when it comes to roleplaying probably my main favourite would be anything medieval fantasy based...to give you an example I own all but three of RA Salvatore's Dark Elf books, and most of the side stories from those series, and that's not counting everything else. But I also play a bit of anything depending on the story and characters and the like. Second to fantasy would probably be a tie between sci-fi and generic anime themed ones...because heck, who doesn't like space ships, giant robots, laser beams, and big eyed japanese cartoons?

Speaking of space ships, giant robots, laser beams, and big eyed japanese cartoons, I am currently on a bit of a Gundam binge. A binge that has me systematically going through and watching each series chronologically...and not chronologically in the order of release, but in the order of the years throughout all the different series' of Gundam...it's a bit of a slow start, but so far I have gone through Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, and just finished last week Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeta.

Other anime I like...hmm, Dragon Ball (all three series...though Z is admittedly my favourite), Escaflowne, Patlabour, Macross...generally anything with giant killer robots...Ninja Scroll, Angel Cop, Slayers, actually, just about anything that isn't too overly realistic or mainstreamed (though yes, I know, some of the ones I listed are...but MOST of what I like to watch isn't). Outside anime, like I said fantasy stuff, favourite authors would probably be RA Salvatore, Raymond E Feist, and another one whose name just slipped my mind. On the sci-fi side I like most stuff, but some favourites would be Andromeda and Firefly. OH, I can't believe I nearly forgot this other interest of mine, which would work for RP's also...I am a giant Marvel nerd...though admittedly not as big or close a follower the last few years as I would like. But anything marvel, and especially my favourite wall crawling good guy, that friendly neighbourhood Spiderman gets my nerdisms going.

Ok, I think that is enough for now...if I come up with anything else, or someone feels the desire to poke and prod for more information go straight ahead, I just might respond. It happens. I swear!

~Xero Hour

Hey there xerohour, welcome to WTF!

It's great to see another Salvatore and Firefly fan here - I think that you'll fit in just fine.

Welcome to the board, Xero Hour!

And, it sounds like you share quite a lot of interests with plenty of members on this board! It goes without saying that high-fantasy games are fairly popular and, with the right group, could be really enjoyable and entertaining!

I haven't seen/read most of the things you listed (I've heard of nearly all of them), but... There's no "but." ):

Usually, I'd write a paragraph directing you 'round the board, but... since you're Strude's friend, I'll just direct you to her. She'll answer all of your questions and... spam you with irrelevant .gifs. Some entertaining. Some downright weird. But all entirely her. (:

Also, I'm Jing and hope to see you 'round the board. ;D

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.