Login to your account

Thread: points of praise and simple suggestions

points of praise and simple suggestions

This section will be where shout outs are made to players who are doing a fantastic job. Whether it be in the roleplay or in the journals. Hell, even the other OOCs can count.

Furthermore, this shall serve as a Xavi critique zone. If I notice things aren't quiet going as planned, I will mention it over here. I will also assist with what I presume to be writer's block.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 09-03-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Riku27 - I read your character's journal entries and I simply fell in love with Adam. To be honest, at first, I thought he was coming across a little 'fake.' Nothing bad, I just found it hard to believe a guy could be so nonchalant and calm with everything, especially getting yelled at. But you've completely scratched that off as a concern and you've turned him into a really deep character. I loved reading his comments (btw, Nick is not pleased with the seeds) and getting a feel for how he really thinks. The journal was probably the best idea ever. I really look forward to reading more about his thoughts and I also think Nick may take a bit of a liking to him -- not crushing, but idolizing. Nick seems to speak what's on his mind which lands him in trouble. I definitely think he'll notice Adam's more laidback outside demeanor and wish that he, too, could behave in such a way.

Oh, last comment, I swear. I love how he's purely thinking of the group. He's definitely focused and it's nice to see a serious character. Although he might find a few of the women cute and pretty, he never lets that hinder his decision. He definitely has his heart and soul in the right place and is the ideal character for the element of earth. I thank you for picking him as you've turned earth into a wondrous hero. I look forward to seeing him grow throughout the roleplay.

Lightning_Serah - Although Devyn hasn't come into play all that much, I cannot wait to see what he'll be like when he's got a house full of hungry visitors. Oh it'll be delightful! The epic failure of food. Maybe he and Nick should cook... no... wait... his house might blow up.

Anyway, he seems like a he'll make a nice addition to the team. He'll be similar to Adam, but he'll still be unique in his own way. His curiosity and ability to think will make him a valuable asset to the team. Furthermore, being a friend of Nick's, he will be able to reign some control of the punk if he gets out of line.

Also, thank you for being flexible with him! I know he's originally from Wayfter, Gagdofph, but I appreciate his relocating to New Vegra. We will definitely have to discuss why in private.

Crimson - As always, I love your roleplaying style and your characters. Jenna really brings a new perspective into the group and her distant talents will prove to be most important when the story progresses. I also really like how she was willing to put aside past differences to move forward with Nick. Though they will most likely end up wanting to kill each other on their off days, they really make for an interesting group dynamic. Her and Rynn's friendship is also pretty key. Serving as the leader, Rynn will most likely need someone she can turn to. Who better fill that role than someone from a richly cultured background. Both having strong ties to their community it makes sense that the two have a level of compassion and friendship between one another.

As I've said to everyone else, I really cannot wait to see her grow. She reminds me of Lightning from FFXIII. A bit edgy and cold, but I can really see her changing into a caring and compassionate person. I feel that, if push came to shove, she would be more than willing to lay her life on the line for the sake of friendship. I definitely want to read her journal, should she ever get one.

MoonKissedFlower - First, I want to thank you for always joining my roleplays and giving me someone to shoot ideas at. I also love are cantering back and forth, it usually helps me to think of new ideas which can further add depth to the story.

Second, I want to see Kris open up. I feel like she's a lot like me. She holds everything inside until she bursts due to stress and anger. Although she is of the element light, I think even angels tend to get mad. I just hope she's not always mad or upset! She's far too pretty to be down in the dumps.

I've read her journals and I wish she wasn't so hard on herself. Being from Alshmere, I foresee her opening up and eventually telling the group what's eating at her. I can also see her seeking the truth about peace and happiness. I feel that, once she unlocks her happiness and a peaceful state of mind, she powers will shine brighter than her comrades. Like Jenna, I can see her placing her friends before herself, if the time ever came. I really, really want to see Kris' development. I know there is a lot more to this one than meets the eye. I know the others won't be disappointed when her true colors shine.

Aoi Kazuya - First off, thank you for putting up with the fact that Li'ing is forced to wear a tiara. Second, you do it soooooo well! He almost seems confused as to why he is always stuck being dragged around and harassed. Although the others might come off a bit cold to him, he never lets this get to him. I love his silence and how he just watches. I really can see him snapping at some point and telling everyone they need to cool down. Although he has the traits of leader, I like how he kinda just sits back and follows. That's a very respectable thing to do. Most leaders would never back down from leading, but he did it without even batting an eyelash. His level-headedness and compassion far exceed that of the average person.

As the story progresses, I hope to see him become a bit more involved in group doings. I know we sometimes get carried away with mass posting, but I'm hoping it'll even out some and allow you to catch up. For some odd reason, I see Li'ing being the strongest out of the group right now. So when the group gets in trouble, don't be surprised to see the Hero of Ice get put on the spot. :P

Xavirne - Psh, lame. For those of you that are reading this, please please PLEASE come to me if you ever have issues, comments, or concerns. I am here to help you not only as a roleplayer, but as a friend. Even if it's totally off topic, I don't mind chatting back and forth. I love getting to know the people I'm writing with and I love watching both the characters and the people grow. I really enjoy this roleplay and I'm so glad all of you are here to partake in it. Without you, this would be one sad story. So thank you! All of you. <3

magichappens - Teresa is so adorable! I love her. I cannot wait to have Jenny Lynn show her about. I see that she's got the spirit of a tiger within her. Perhaps, with the help of Kyle and Jen, Teresa will become someone she never saw herself becoming. I really can see her developing into a strong and confident woman. The kind of woman that men fear because she knows what she wants and she knows how to get it.

Having her in this story really makes things interesting. It's also nice to see a true la'Ronk. Although she might not always agree with their ways and rulings, I like how she still follows them. Her innocence is too precious and I think Jen will really appreciate having her by her side. I can see a sisterhood forming between the two. I also have some ideas in mind for her development and future importance. I'll be sure to discuss them with you as the time draws nearer. So, be prepared, everyone. This chick is not one to mess with. You'll soon discover why!

Schizophrenic - When you first joined, I squeed a bit. I really like your personality and your writing style. I was really looking forward to getting the opportunity to bask in your awesomeness. So, thanks for jumping on board!

With Gavyn on the team, I can't help but laugh. Although she might not be the typical one to do this, I can see her as being comical and a great person to break the tension within the group. Her adorable little antics and her naive ways are just perfect. She brings a whole new aspect to the group. Unlike the others who are either cold or naturally talented at leading, she's small and timid, almost mouse-like. I really hope she shows them all that she's not a weakling, though! I see her turning out to be a real Katara (from Avatar the Last Airbender). Fierce when she needs to be, but motherly and warm when she's not about ready to kick some ass. Her blood bending will also prove to show a darker side to her. Let's hope she doesn't go psycho crazy and kill everyone. :P

But seriously, I really want to see her go into battle. I know her little mouse act will become that of a lion. Although she might be scared, I don't peg her as the kind to just up and run away.

MMOgamer - I am so glad you decided to join! I know you wanted a different role, but I'm really happy that you took on the hero assassin. I also love how he hates the la'Ronk. At some point I'll be sending you an e-mail with a plot I have. You will enjoy it, or so I hope.

Anyway, I love Kyle. I think he'll surpass Jenny in so many ways. He's definitely making a better assassin than her. She's too caught up in the drama and fun of life. She's not got the heart of a warrior like Kyle has. I think palling around with him will do her some good. I also see him taking a liking to her -- not romantically, but maybe he'll really like her care-free nature and hope that he can retire with that kind of attitude.

Oh, before I forget, I love how much of a badass he is. And how he just gets glares and stares but he doesn't say anything back. He's pretty much the ideal ninja. Stalking around being all stealthy and unpredictable. Yup, I totally see this character taking on a key role in the story line, too.

a91nicole - I love Rynn. I love everything about her. I actually wish I had a personality like hers. She's strong, confident, and beautiful. But she's also sensitive, understanding, and very spiritually (and culturally) oriented. Her selfless ways make her a natural leader and I really like how her emotions and speech tend to reflect the words of advice people are often given. She's almost like the group advice-giver... so a psychiatrist.

For being of the fire element, her ability to stay ration is excellent. I really like how she's in tune with herself and her powers. Though she doesn't like snapping or bursting out, I really do hope we'll see her on her angry side in the future. I foresee her leaving some great impressions on the members and only continuing to enhance her respect and charm. At some point, I wouldn't be surprised if even Jenny Lynn showed her some respect.

All that aside, I really truly like you as a person. I am glad that you got involved and you've been around to assist me, as needed. Rynn has become a beautiful woman and I assume she doesn't fall far from her tree (you). I enjoy how you're able to put your self into your character's actions. It creates a whole new layer of depth. Rynn is, by far, the most inspirational character I've ever seen. If only she were real... oh wait, I guess she is, in a way. *nudges you* :P

Jaunty Journeyman MoonKissedFlower's Avatar
    first of all I just want to say thanks for not completely hating the way Kris turned out. xD Honestly, she is nothing like I had origonally intendedher to be and it frustrates me so much. But I got her into this position so i know i can get her out. I'm trying my best to try and find reasons and explinations for the things she does and how she reacts, I just hope they work and don't seem like I'm just trying to make her emo. That was really not my intent at all. But as you (xavi) know, I have some plans for her, it's just getting her to that point.

Hopefully I won't disapoint you.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Humble Farmer With a Sword Riku27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonKissedFlower View Post
    first of all I just want to say thanks for not completely hating the way Kris turned out. xD Honestly, she is nothing like I had origonally intendedher to be and it frustrates me so much. But I got her into this position so i know i can get her out. I'm trying my best to try and find reasons and explinations for the things she does and how she reacts, I just hope they work and don't seem like I'm just trying to make her emo. That was really not my intent at all. But as you (xavi) know, I have some plans for her, it's just getting her to that point.

Hopefully I won't disapoint you.
    Good glad Kris is going to start talking to everyone more because pretty soon Adam was going to grab her with a vine and pull her up into the group and make her interact with everyone.

Jaunty Journeyman MoonKissedFlower's Avatar
    he might have to xD i'm still trying to figure out how to get her to jump in with out completely switching her personality. Although i figured once they stopped for the night and things calmed down a bit it'd be easier
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

=_= I write too much.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Reoccurring NPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    =_= I write too much.
    no you don't it was all good and insightful!

That was awesome! I read everyone's comments and feel they are all pretty much exactly what I would say. Also Xavi, what you said about me made me blush. Which NEVER happens lol. That was soo sweet.

And fun fact since you seemed to suspect it already- Rynn is generally me if I actually said half the things that I think lol. I made her years ago, and cannot stop playing her. Literally writing for her comes as naturally to me as my own life. Which to some people might be weird, but I don't think so. When I created her she was the woman I always wanted to be, and not gonna lie I feel like having her as a character has helped me grow as a person. Also, fun fact- she's literally grown up with me. She was 15 when I created her at age 12 and now she's meant to be 22 to my 19. So her age has changed as my own has. I dunno, I guess thats what it really means to be connected to a character. I literally hear her voice in my head when I'm writing her, I don't even have to think about it. Which probably makes me sound insane. But enough about me. Thank you so much for your kind words and yes, you will see her explode. She's trying to reign it in for now but it'll happen at some point.

And in return for your lovely feedback to all of us, here's comments for you about Nick

Xavi: I totally fell in love with Nick first interaction post. I love the fact that he really speaks his mind and doesn't hide what he thinks. So many roleplayers try so hard to make their characters likeable that they lose the integrity of a character. I think its really genuine how you played him as an ass. I like that you didn't want him to be likeable, and so, he became likeable ha ha. Also, though his personality shift confused me at first. I really enjoyed it. And I feel he and Rynn are going to be a hell of a pair once things get moving (Pair meaning friendly, romantic, comrade whatever comes naturally. I am by no means assuming they'll get together) Also, you manage to be quite funny with Nick. I'm curious to see where he goes as I really have no idea, and I LOVE that.

And also, you are a total sweetheart and so easy to talk to. I feel very comfortable having you as my GM. I feel like if something happens, I can discuss it with you without things getting iffy. And you're just generally really funny. So Kudos to you!

Also, everyone else you are phenomenal rpers who write beautiful posts and I'm thrilled to be working with you guys

I just want to remind everyone that they can come to me with questions and concerns. I'm even open to suggestions. However, I won't be manipulated. I will not make your character stronger no matter how cleverly you try to hide it. You have to keep in mind that I have a lot of hidden plans for this roleplay. There are roles and twists you won't even see coming.

So I ask that you not seek to change your character's powers or boundaries. They have been set in stone. Arguing this shall get you removed. There is no one element that is above all the others. They are all equals and they all have important roles. I will explain these roles in a moment in the other thread that fits this discussion more.

That's all. :]

- hangouts -

Holy smokies! I didn't even know there was more OOC threads then the one...... /fail!
    I just found all of these hahaha...

Xavi I wanted to say thank you for what you wrote! That made me grin from ear to ear. Your so sweet
    I always love rping with you. You girl, have some serious talent!

I'm an OOC making whore. >3

But awww, I'm flattered that you liked your review and your little comments brought a smile to my face, too. <3

- hangouts -

LMAO

Whoohoo! It was meant to bring you a smile!

Yeah... new about this thread.. never posted in it though... Thanks for the praise Xavi...