"... Very well then, Alexander," she managed. The name rolled beautifully off the tip of her tongue, so much that she suddenly felt surprised and a little embarrassed. It felt weird and unusual for many reasons, one of them was the gap between her and Alexander's social standing. Usually, no one would dare to call him that casually, unless close or given a permission, but... he did give her one, didn't he?

Before Selene could properly react, Alexander had already passed by her to make the tea. She wanted to protest, but decided against it. For once, she acted docile and sat in front of the counter, where Alexander served a slice of pie. Served... There were just so many things wrong with this picture, starting with him even knowing how to operate the kitchen. The surprise clearly reflected in her eyes, but there was something else too... Selene felt a bit flattered and a small smile bloomed.

"That's quite alright," she nodded when he spoke about the food, but the question confused her. "I-- I am fine, thank you for your concern." And really, considering the circumstances, she should act like the happiest woman in the clan. After all, who doesn't want to marry a rich man of high standing? This should be an ideal situation for her, yet Selene still felt puzzled.
Quickly, she chased the shadowy expression away and smiled reassuringly. "I'm fine. Really. But.. can I ask something?"
She paused, waiting for a reply, before continuing with her question.
"You said you want me to marry you... So what now?" she asked, tentatively glancing from under her eyelashes. The most logical thing to do, was to start some sort of wedding preparations. But when?