The growl shook everyone. Who in the world could have expected such a thing to happen? Yet, no one had a right to refute the Lord's will and no one in their right mind wanted to make an enemy out of him. Swallowing all of their dissatisfaction, the quests stopped to make a ruckus, just their eyes were shooting daggers at the woman. Selene paid little attention to that though, her main concern was the leader of the clan, standing right in front of her. As Alexander took her hand, she raised her head up and her eyes peered into his. She was full of doubts and distrust, but the anticipation of her response weighed heavy on her shoulders.

"I..." Selene parted her lips in attempt to refuse the man, but just then her eyes mer eyes met Michael's. His ruby red eyes shone like those of a Cerberus, sending immediate fear. "I bow to your wishes, Lord Alexander," she whispered back, sending another wave of dissatisfied murmurs, yet they never rose above that. It was way too risky to temper with the Lord and they knew better.

Seemingly satisfied with Selene's answer, Michael approached Alexander discretely and spoke in a low voice that only he could hear. "Would you wish to stay with your mate for the remaining of the evening or shall I take her to your quarters?"