Login to your account

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere To Rest Your Head

You're very welcome! If people aren't complimented, such talent can go to waste XP

I have to get back into art at some point, I've just been too lazy I guess @.@ I also have to get my hands on a version of photoshop I don't hate >.>

@ STRUDE : wat....? lol. I'm glad I could help. <3

@ DUKE : CS6 is, without a doubt, my favorite edition of photoshop. It's smarter, as a program, and it's just, generally, really, really good. Although, I don't really have a problem with the older editions either... It's just, CS6 is markedly smoother as a program, haha.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

QQ I have to use PSE10, but I like it well enough and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. One day I'll get CS proper. XD

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Also bastardizing a dice system is more annoying than you'd think . . .

I think I had used 5 before and I think 4 is what's at the house but I don't really care for it. I got too used to 5 and from what I've been told by the computer guys in the house is I can't transfer it from my laptop to desktop and I don't have the activation code for it anymore anyway >.>

I know you can actually get a complete version of CS2 (I believe it was and all version 2 adobe programs) for free from the adobe site.

CS2 isn't bad. My Mac has that version. My PC has CS6 and my work computer has CS5. I definitely prefer 6 but 5 and 2 still work for me. I'm so used to flipping between the three of them that it doesn't phase me anymore. When CS6 first came out I wasn't too great at it and when I had to start using CS2 I was terrible. But the more you play around and familiarize yourself, the better you get.

//side note: O_o; I wonder if my new work computer will have Photoshop on it. It better, especially if I'm doing global marketing and advertising. Maybe I should let the company know I need that....

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I'm not too sure why I didn't care for CS4 as much as 5, I just couldn't get used to it. I primarily use Illustrator and even that seemed way different.

You two realize there isn't any noticeable differences between versions of CS if you're not using it professionally—besides appearance and possibly layout. I really don't see how you find transitioning from one version to another so difficult. The previous version does the same thing as the new version, and honestly for what the average person uses it for you'd not see any difference at all.

I can transition between using PSE to CS and they're two different programs. I find once you've used one version of either program that they very intuitive and it is a simply matter of reacquainting yourself with the tools.

You two make learning curve of CS sound like this intense monstrosity, when it really isn't.

As a side note PSE's price tag is far easier on the wallet than any CS and does what you need.
    Last edited by Strude; 06-14-2013 at 08:42 PM.

There also is such thing as personal preference between different versions. It's just the same as preferring different years of the same piece of technology; take for example the iPod. I have a first gen. nano and I will forever prefer that to whatever else Apple is putting on to the market. That's not to say that I can't use other forms, but I like the feel and ease of going through what I have currently. That's also not to say that I can't learn how to use the newer ones, but if it's not broken there's no need to fix it.

I noticed that the tools that I used most between the two versions were moved and actually operated slightly different than in the version I was used to. I have a preference to setups and displays and tend to favor the program that falls under what I find best suits my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastani View Post
    I'm not too sure why I didn't care for CS4 as much as 5, I just couldn't get used to it. I primarily use Illustrator and even that seemed way different.
    Illustrator would be different from CS, Illustrator is for drawing where CS is an editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    Illustrator would be different from CS, Illustrator is for drawing where CS is an editor.
    *shrug* I like the feel of Illustrator so I used it for everything that I could.

I never said you can't have preferences, just saying you both making these programs sound like they have difficult learning curves and/or are drastically different.

Felt like stating that CS programs aren't that difficult and regardless of preference using them is the same. They all function very similarly to previous versions and after using one you can generally, within a short time, learn and use upgraded versions just as proficiently as you could the previous version.

Also that if you are going to buy any editor I would suggest PSE over CS simply because of the huge price difference and the fact that for the average user PSE does what you need . . . without the huge hit to your wallet.

I'm definitely looking into the differences between the two of them.

I do also wonder if my issues between the two versions may fall into the fact that they might not have been complete versions as both were bootlegged by people that I know. At that point, I can't say if my CS4 was all there as compared to my CS5 and that could play into why things were a bit harder for me to get used to going to an older version. Then again, when I go without using the software it tends to be for months at a time and I find myself having to relearn tricks I knew before.

It's sad sometimes at how easy I can forget things I was decent at when I don't do it for so long -.-

I make siggys and banners too ! I have not shown any of my good ones on this site yet because I don't think im that good XD! But maybe one day I will show my work =)!

That would be fantastic! We would all love to see your work XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vastani View Post
    Then again, when I go without using the software it tends to be for months at a time and I find myself having to relearn tricks I knew before.

It's sad sometimes at how easy I can forget things I was decent at when I don't do it for so long -.-
    Same here, wifey! That's usually my issue. Or when the location of icons isn't set to how I like them or in the right order (like gradient vs fill). I also hate having to transfer all my brushes and presets over. Bleh. Resetting things to my preferences is just annoying. It's why I hate getting new stuff. You should see my phone. XD And, like you, my iPod ish oldddd. But yeah, I wouldn't say we're handicapped, we're just difficult, right? We just like things that we're familiar with. If one thing changes it's like we have to learn everything all over again. Like a keyboard for a computer -- when I'm on a PC it's totally different from a Mac and, when I start off, I just misspell everything. It's quick to catch on and change but, at first, it just sucks. I just dislike change.... My boyfriend likes to comment on that all the time. Slowly trying to break the habit but some habits just have a harder time dying. Ha ha. But we all have our own preferences and opinions on things. Life still manages to go on.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessLuna View Post
    I make siggys and banners too ! I have not shown any of my good ones on this site yet because I don't think im that good XD! But maybe one day I will show my work =)!
    You should totally show us!!!! Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to art. One man's junk might be another man's treasure so never feel embarrassed or not good enough to share. You might find out you have more fans than you would think You can just create a thread in the ART section of the site. Obviously, do that at your own time and leisure. We would never want to pressure you into anything <3
    Last edited by Xavirne; 06-14-2013 at 09:25 PM.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

*internal panics* Thought I lost one of my D10s

Found out there's a baby robin living in the bush in front of my window. The little guy was chirping up a storm as it followed around a chickadee that found its way to said bush in hopes of being fed. I forgot how loud baby birds are @.@

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    Same here, wifey! That's usually my issue. Or when the location of icons isn't set to how I like them or in the right order (like gradient vs fill). I also hate having to transfer all my brushes and presets over. Bleh. Resetting things to my preferences is just annoying. It's why I hate getting new stuff. You should see my phone. XD And, like you, my iPod ish oldddd. But yeah, I wouldn't say we're handicapped, we're just difficult, right? We just like things that we're familiar with. If one thing changes it's like we have to learn everything all over again. Like a keyboard for a computer -- when I'm on a PC it's totally different from a Mac and, when I start off, I just misspell everything. It's quick to catch on and change but, at first, it just sucks. I just dislike change.... My boyfriend likes to comment on that all the time. Slowly trying to break the habit but some habits just have a harder time dying. Ha ha. But we all have our own preferences and opinions on things. Life still manages to go on.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

You should totally show us!!!! Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to art. One man's junk might be another man's treasure so never feel embarrassed or not good enough to share. You might find out you have more fans than you would think You can just create a thread in the ART section of the site. Obviously, do that at your own time and leisure. We would never want to pressure you into anything <3
    Alright I will make sure to do that :3!

This thread looks cozy -sits in thread- :3

Said no one in the history of everything.

So what's up everyone?
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Same BS as usual.

Yeah, same here :P

I finally get a day off! It seems like I worked way too long this week after covering shifts for some people so I'm so excited to finally not work tomorrow @.@

I want to be lazy but at the same time I want to go to the zoo. The weather will help with that decision hopefully XD

I'm wish it will for your sake. Either way, you should do what you're most in the mood for. That said, the zoo is an ideal summer activity where as slacking off can be done any time of the year.

Not if your Zoo is the Calgary zoo.

Point taken.

I just watched a really decent MLP video on the concept of characterization. Now I'm listening to endless MLP remixes . . . and they're really good.

On a related note (based on the fact that this was unrelated to the previous topic, thus making the fact that this is unrelated related in a twisted paradox kind of way)

Volley ball is just a really intense version of "don't let the ball touch the floor".

. . . and ultimate frisbee is frisbee for drunk frat boys.