Login to your account

Thread: ʜᴀʟ ❖ ᴄʏᴏn ; application

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ʜᴀʟ ❖ ᴄʏᴏn ; application

First, thank you for your interest in Halcyon!

Second, if you are ready to apply, you should fill out this form and then, after you're done, message it to me! If your application is accepted, it will be posted in this thread and I will message you a google form for you to fill out (which is, basically, your character's profile!).

Third, I reserve the right to reject a profile even if I have accepted the proposal.

Fourth, getting to possible questions!

Q: How come you have this application process? Why can't you just evaluate based on the profile?

The application process is a way for me to screen ideas before they can become full-fledge profiles. It saves me time from having to read a full profile and it saves you time from writing an essay that won't go anywhere. Moreover, by doing this, I can make the profile more "fun." I don't have to keep it traditional (blocks and blocks of text). I can do what I have done—survey-style.

Q: Why isn't this first-come, first-serve?

It is and it isn't. I don't take reservations because I want to see what your idea is before I give you the green-light. And while I appreciate all forms of creativity, there are some ideas that won't work well with the preset story and I want to nip those ideas at the bud instead of playing damage control during the game.

Q: I thought I was approved for a role! Why does it say "Accepting Applications" again?

When I approve your application, you have one week's time to fill out a profile and submit it. If you don't, the role you applied for is no longer "reserved" and is, instead, open to applications again. You can re-apply for the role, but you would have to go through the process again and, if you have a competitor, I will pick the best-fit profile.

Q:Why can't we just fill in the profile template ourselves? Why do we have to fill out this Google Form?

This sounds really, really silly and absurd and everything, BUT, I am a stickler for uniformity—especially when it comes to profiles. I don't like poor formatting and, in an effort to avoid that, I have decided to format everyone's profile for them. It's better this way, trust me.

Q: Why do we have to give you a link to an unedited/clean image of our character?

It's, more or less, the same reason as above. Plus, this will be a free graphic from me to you! Enjoy it. I might never do this again, lol.

Last edited by joonsexual; 02-17-2013 at 04:30 AM.