Login to your account

Thread: random suggestion- Option to limit posting per-location? (game host editable)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

random suggestion- Option to limit posting per-location? (game host editable)

I literally just woke up from a roleplaying 'nightmare' where I woke to have to wade through 50000000000000 posts to get to something (meaningful XD) I had to reply. lol And it made me remember that the main reason why I tended to dislike "group" RPs is that I've always had bad luck with them in the posting respect.

Now, to explain myself a bit better and why I think this would be useful:

I'm not referring to a setting for each location you make individually, but a general group setting for all locations, that allows the same x posts on any you make.

So when you make or edit your game you ca tell it: "Same user can only post (5) times on a given location per day."

S/he can only post 5 times on "Main"
    And even if they posted those 5 times there, they can still post up to 5 times on "Sublocation1" and another 5 in "Sublocation2" per day.

I don't mean to cut off anyone's creative juices from flowing, but I've been (waay back) in a few RPs with people that even if you asked them to couldn't measure their own posting.

This is bad for a couple reasons (and I mean in really really active groups, as I'm sure some will get):

-> If they're 1on1ing, with everything being in a single topic/location, it gets messy to find certain topics if there are just -too many- (yes, I know you can search per character, but then if you're addressed mid-1on1 and they didn't add your character you'll never know in doing that)

-> If they are actually in a thread with more people, people sometimes get carried away and overlook that hey, this other person needs sleep too since they're in a whole different timezone (or work, or food)- and go back and forth 100 times, either ignoring your character whom promptly ends up looking like an idiot and isn't even given a chance to follow if they leave, or referring to your character who is still looking like an idiot because doh, they can't reply if I'm not there, and continuing on past that point and accusing my character of not replying isn't polite. XD
    (or they just outright use it for you and probably still make him or her look like an idiot lol)

Maybe I've just had really bad luck, but that's usually what happened in all of the ones I've been in.

Hence, giving an optional posting limit for those that want to control their game that way = I think is good.

/donerantingaboutbeingignoredinRPs. X'D
    Last edited by Tahiel; 06-25-2011 at 08:13 AM.

(ooc)