I'm not sure what to title this as, but anyhow I just had an idea and I decided to write up a few ideas about. As far as fleshing it out goes and making it a fun game I don't think I have enough input yet so I thought I would just share and see if anyone likes the idea.

And I wrote this in the wee hours of the morning on lack of sleep, so excuse it if it's a little confuddled, I'll try to fix it later.

The Olimpia-3 space station orbits the planet Vastitus, a nearly uninhabitable desert planet. Vastitus has two suns, and as one sets the other rises. This results in a nearly forty-hour day, as the larger sun (reminiscent of the Sun Earth survivors remember) sets at the 26th hour, the smaller sun rises for a few hours and sets again.This results in an eerie four hour sunset. The process repeats at dawn, with the smaller sun rising and setting just as the larger sun rises. It had been decided that the day would begin and end with the larger star to avoid confusion. Vastitus also has seven moons, and five of them are visible in the daytime hours.

It has been 23 years since planet Earth was destroyed, and Vastitus is one of five planets humans have settled on. At current there are three human colonies living on Vastitus, and the biggest is a "city" referred to as Twofold. Though it started as strictly human, over the years it has attracted many other lifeforms. Before humans had ever arrived, Vastitus was a planet for the unwanted, the runaways and the crooks.

Many good people who live here, human or not, do not have a choice in the matter, and are trying desperately to find a way to get to another planet. The reason many dislike the planet, besides the fact that it is a desert wasteland, is because of The Swell, a once human colony that is now run by criminals and other ne'er do wells. They are a cruel group of people, raiding and murdering their neighbors simply because they can. Without a consistent policing system, The Swell have quickly gotten out of hand and it seems almost impossible to ever stop them.

The last colony is made up of mostly researchers and scientists, called Coppelius. It is also the only colony with a space station and sufficient defense against The Swell. Coppelius is a place reserved for the rich and the lucky, and getting in from one of the other colonies is very, very hard. Though all of the colonies started out together, Coppelius is the most detached from its fellow human cities, and the people living there usually have no idea what is going on outside their perfect little dome.

Olimpia-3 monitors transportation coming and going from Vastitus and handles main communications with other stations and colonies on other planets. Quite a few people live on Olimpia-3 as well, but it is usually reserved for those that work there. The families of Olimpia-3 workers live in Coppelius, and that is one of the reasons why the city is closed off to others.

Mostly all I've got are short descriptions of stuff. But yeah, I figured it would be neat to have these three different factions people could choose from, and being in space makes everything more awesome, but I feel that it might be too much just to start out, y'know?

Any feedback or other ideas are very much appreciated. The best part about a roleplay is that we build the world together.