Login to your account

Thread: Is being pretty worth it? [ _AnaTolia_ and Xavirne ]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is being pretty worth it? [ _AnaTolia_ and Xavirne ]

Lyra Elspeth woke up to the sound of fireworks. She groaned, placing the pillow on top of her head. '
    Not another damned pretty party,' she thought, shutting her eyes as she tried to block the whole world out. It didn't work. With an exasperated sigh, Lyra got up from bed, mussing up her chocolate brown hair. It was already dark, but honestly, pretties were usually awake during nighttime anyway.

Her golden eyes warily looked at the walls of her room. She knew that the government was always listening and watching her. Not only her but everyone. 'Gosh, why couldn't they stop the parties instead? There's enough booze and drugs around for it to step in.' But she knew why. She knew that the drugs were practically harmless and that it would give them a sudden and fleeting feeling of euphoria, and then nothing. Lyra knew why they wouldn't stop the parties and the concerts.

Lyra had overridden the chip that they had put in her brain. The chip that they had placed in everyone who turned pretty. As she grabbed whatever clothes came from the 'hole in the wall', she then thought about everything that had went on ever since her eyes were opened to the monstrosity of it all. 'It's not like they could shield us from the bitter truth for so long.' The government basically brainwashed all of them, just so they could not know of pressing matters outside their little city. All except for her.

She knew that other pretties would be too air-headed to listen to her, but she just needed one. Just one ally who could help her stop this. And she knew just the person. She just hoped that he would still remember him. For although, they weren't actually friends, they went to the same Ugly school together. "Where and when is the next concert?" Lyra asked out loud.

The room chimed in, "Approximately three miles from here, Lyra Elspeth. In the Monroe Gardens. Would you like to board a hover-car?" With a deep breath, Lyra then answered tentatively, "In a moment! I wouldn't want to look like a total wreck when I see him!" She then grumbled to herself, muttering about how she must act as pretty-minded as possible. Throwing on a black cashmere dress, she then strapped on some heels and raced off to the hover-car.

To be honest, she was kind of a fan.

[ So, how was the first post? I don't think I've explained much, but this is the best I can do. For the moment, anyway. ]
    Last edited by _AnaTolia_; 12-21-2011 at 04:10 PM.