A thread for anything and everything to do with your dice. :3

For those unfamiliar, I'll be using standard shorthand for dice. Dice are generally referred to by how many sides they have. For example, a standard die has 6 sides. They're called a "d6". A die with ten sides would be a "d10" - and so on.

----

Of course, I had several d6s already. It's probably hard to find any household that doesn't have at least a few for standard games, right?

But on Thursday night I decided I wanted to go ahead and order my dice since I'm playing Exalted remotely. Exalted calls for d10s. Lots of them. It's kind of a running joke about how you need a bucket of them and even reviews for the game crab about how the dice bag for Exalted with 10 d10s isn't enough. They recommended 20 - 25 as a "standard" set for the game. (And presumably you may even need more than that. D: )

So I've been eying off this "pound o'dice" from Chessex for awhile now. The average number of dice is about 100 and you're guaranteed a full set of 7 dice in standard sizing (d20, d12, d10, d8, d6, d4). So I went ahead and ordered that + a 10 d10 set of special Exalted dice, just in case I didn't have enough d10s in my pound of dice.

Then I went looking at gaming companies for "special" dice. Y'know, "I've been a good girl and so my character gets their own special set of dice". I found a lovely set called "pearl red" which was as close as I could find to my character's hair, so I bookmarked it and told myself if I was a good girl, I could have them for Christmas. And then I went ahead and ordered 20 of them anyway. >_>;

Perhaps two hours later, my mom comes in and offers me a box she picked up at a garage sale the previous day. Inside it was a d20. Then she found another d20 because I mentioned that it seemed like there were meant to be two in there. So the day I ordered a crapton of dice, I get extra d20s. xD;

My order for those "pearl red" dice came in yesterday and they threw in a bonus pair of d6ses.

So my official collection at the moment stands at:

d20 = 2
d10 = 20
d6 = 2

I'll post a photo of my complete collection once my pound o'dice comes in. xD