I wanted to pitch my half-formed idea for a game. I was poking through the D&D monster manual and it gives rules for playing as goblins, kobolds and such. So what if we started a game where you played as the minions we usually spend all our time trying to beat?

The setting could be a ruined castle or temple with potential to expand it. Characters play things like devils, minotaurs, harpies, etc and maybe some bigger “boss” monsters to offer missions (like a dragon who controls part of the castle, and doing favors will get you in his good graces). Players can explore the life of a dungeon monster, with adventurers occasionally breaking in and needing to be dealt with. There could even be some kind of overarching plot where instead of trying to save the world players try to gain influence for the dark side.

It’s not totally thought out and there’s plenty of room for improvement, but I wanted to see if anyone was interested. I’ve never hosted a game so if this does take off, I'd like a partner DM or something. But thanks for reading