I have been thinking about starting an Advanced roleplay here. I already have a world completed and the first part of the scenario (the first part would actually be about 12 chapters long). It would be run in chapter style rather than location style.

Why would it be advance?

1. There is a detailed world- complete with history, naming traditions, religion(s), moral code, superstitions, flora, fauna, traditions, calender, celestial bodies, legends, art styles, etc. (No, really, I have really detailed out the world... a lot.) I would expect people to create character that would fit into this world. This would require quite a bit of reading on the part of the people who want to join.

2. I would expect people to read everyone's posts and try to post at least twice a week. I do not have a minimum post length- sometimes being forced to write 3 paragraphs can slow down the game and make it lose the flow. I would like at least 3-5 sentences a post, but this would also be fluid.

3. The game would require 8 other people to play (I would take on 2 roles because of the part they play and the narrator/NPCs).

4. It does have a plot and it is a long term game. It would eventually have 4 parts, each one consisting of at least 10 chapters.

5. It would be an adult game- violence, nudity, language, really harsh scenarios and horrible things will happen to your character. Your characters would be forced into making terrible decisions that you, as a player, would never make. Yes, you will be playing heroes, but you may be forced to kill children on the course of your journey. If you the player has trouble with moral ambiguity, I expect them to get over it, or not participate. I ran the first part of this game before on another site and I had several people drop out because of the horrible "tests" I put their characters through.

What are the basics?

Setting: A Country called Arascon in the world of Amb. It is a world of low magic/fantasy. The only 'civilized' race are humans.

Characters: The five knights of The Black Dove Guard (five direct knights who guard the queen) and the five knights of the Red Dawn Watch (five knights who directly guard the King).

Each knight wields one of the ten holy weapons of the world- something that has not happened before. The weapons are rare and choose the wielder. Most of the time there are only one or two in use. The ten holy weapons are each associated with an element or a god and grant the wielder magical abilities (which are separate from magic). Information on both the holy weapons and the magical abilities would be detailed more in the required reading for those wishing to join.

Background:
This game is set in the world of Amb. It involves Ten Knights of Arascon, each of whom wield one of the holy weapons. These weapons grant wield wielder magical abilities in accordance with the magical element they represent: Fire, Air, Earth, Water, Wood, Illusion, Divination, Time, Protection and Blessing, and Animals. These ten Knights have been set on a path of Destiny dictated to them by the Three Holy Sisters - the representatives of the Gods on Amb.

The Gods seem to have something in store for the Ten Knights, but the prophecies which could lend a clue to the path they must take, have long been lost. Do the Holy Sisters have the answers? What is the curse which is slowly covering the land?

Follow the story of the Ten Knights of Arascon as they seek the answers and follow the path of destiny.