Login to your account

Thread: Hogwarts - A New Age

Humble Farmer With a Sword Miel's Avatar

Hogwarts - A New Age

So I really want to do a Hogwarts RP, with preferably a small group for this...like 6-8 people max...

It would start with the group entering Hogwarts as first years and work their way up...

There would not be anyone with close relation to any of the characters of the Harry Potter series, I just want to use the Hogwarts setting, say set in this year (so none of their children would be at Hogwarts...). I have a plot idea with a Dark Witch rising and the characters will work to bring her down as they go through Hogwarts, in different ways...this is still in progress so brainstorming help would be nice

And in a perfectly ideal world, genders here would be equal, so three/four girls and three/four boys...They do not all need to be in the same House...If people could double that would help/be totally awesome! (I'd consider adding more people then...)

A VERY good knowledge base of the Hogwarts and Wizarding World is STRONGLY preferred...i.e. All characters are human, the only pets allowed at Hogwarts are owls, cats, and toads...

Link to RP: Here
    Last edited by Miel; 10-02-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    I don't normally do fan-fiction RPs, but I suddenly really want to do a Hogwarts roleplay. So I am interested. And, I was wondering if it were going to be more on JK Rowling scale, or AVPM. I mean, is Pigfarts going to exist?

Also, am I correct in assuming that this is after Voldemort's defeat, but before the 19 years have passed?
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

More JK than AVPM...I just like quotes from AVPM...

Yes, its after Voldy's defeat, but takes place 14 years after his defeat

Ok. Well, if you made this roleplay, I would probably join.

I'd join it... at least if ya will take a fourth year character... I don't like playing characters that are younger than 14 because of my real life age and it being too hard for me to play a character younger than that.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

I'm planning on starting it with them in their first year, so your character(s) would have to be 11, or very close to turning 12...

well if ya ever need older students let me know, other wise I'll just stalk it.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

What about someone to play the professors/headmaster/ministry of magic and other older witches and wizards? (I guess a low of those would be more of cameo roles than regulars).

Yeah, I guess they would be more cameo roles...What I'd like is to follow the characters through the seven years of Hogwarts from start to finish...starting out on the Hogwarts Express then going from there...the teachers and stuff would be more like npcs that people could use in classes, ect...

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

I made the rp and linked it in the first post here...

Hey, we could use some more people...Here are the open roles...if they don't work, feel free to PM me with your character idea!

The Invisible Pure-Blood - He has so many siblings that he is often forgotten. It took a while for any sort of magical ability to show with him, so many thought he was a squib, but once he finally showed some magic ability, he just faded back into the background. He does not mind not being in the limelight, but looks forward to getting away from his large family. (open)

The Nervous Pure-Blood - Most students have heard of her father. It was a big scandal a few years ago. He was in Azkaban for a crime and her family was shamed. She has been living with her grandparents ever since, always getting looked down on for being his daughter. She can't wait to escape to Hogwarts, but is also afraid that students will hate her because of her dad. (taken)

The Destructive Half-Blood - He had no doubt in his mind that he would be attending Hogwarts. He obviously has strong magical abilities, he can't control it yet. He manages to break, explode, or destroy things without trying. He is excited to finally get his power under control and be the powerful wizard he know he has to be. (reserved)

The Competitive Half-Blood - She always has to be the best at what she does. Due to her muggle parent, she went to muggle primary school and was the top of everything. She expects the same thing at Hogwarts. Everything is a competition to her and she is excited to be on an even playing field with the rest of her competition. (taken)

The Eager Muggle-Born - He just found out he was a wizard. He has done everything to find out as much as he could about the wizarding role. He is very smart and was going to go to a very good muggle school. Because of this, his parents are not too keen on him entering Hogwarts. They would rather him to stay in their world. (open)

The Odd Muggle-Born - She had never fit into the muggle world and she knew it. She had always dreamed of another place for her to be. When she received her letter, it was the happiest day of her life. Her siblings and parents don't understand, but they know that there was always something different about her. (taken)
    Last edited by Miel; 10-04-2011 at 08:40 PM.