Login to your account

Thread: Tell me about your favorite (non-electronic) role-playing game you've ever played.

Question Tell me about your favorite (non-electronic) role-playing game you've ever played.

Just about everyone who has ever role-played with a group either in person, in a chat room, by email, or in a forum probably has had a favorite game or gaming moment.

Maybe the characters were really interesting, or the plot took you by surprise, or there was this moment in the game where everything depended on one action... and what happened because of that action that changed the game forever.

Here's your chance to tell us about the game, the characters, the players, and the situation that made it the "best" (or at least most memorable) game ever.

Don't be shy about coming back and sharing more stories about "the best game ever". If it took place on WTF RPG, you can even link to it!
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I'm a WoD player, that is, World of Darkness. I play on the chats, in a crossover venue, so you may have a Vampire: the Requiem character living next door to a Geist: the Sin Eaters character. Or, as it turned out, a Hunter: the Vigil character who employed a Werewolf: the Forsaken character.

Francine was the epitome of stealth agent. She was only employed by the government monster-hunting agency Task Force: Valkyrie because zombies attacked the sandwich shop she owned enough times that she needed to be "dealt with". The apparent issue was, Fran was an anorexic woman who stuttered. What good could she be?

Plenty, when it came to tracking the movement and actions of murderous werewolf Mackenzie Sinclair. Of course, Mack was the sort of psycho who imprinted on Fran, seeing her as one of her few friends. When moderators decided to attack the shop with anything from a murder of crows to a toilet monster, Mack would help.

And Fran would report everything to her superiors.

What made this game so much fun was the conflict. There were times when Mack came very close to killing Fran--or the reverse. But as mature adult players, we were giggling over it. And when Mack was finally taken in, it was a fitting end to an awesome storyline.

Aquelarre, definitely. It was my first experience with table-top gaming and at a con so it was a very short campaign to "try out" if we liked it.
    I adored it because the whole situation made it funny- I'm a girl, and I was playing a guy; I rolled a healer with plants/animals knowledge and powers, and then promptly rolled that animals hated me and I had lousy/very low luck (lol), I was poor as hell (and it was just me and another guy, everyone else rolled rich XD), we got stuck at an inn, because me and the other guy were poor, we had to go to the common room, where there was only one hay bedding to share, so when told we'd have to share the bedding, the kid playing the other guy was like "Well I don't mind sharing with her-- oh wait, she's playing a guy! D:" (which made me lol).
    It just got worse from there as in my healing attempt I rolled badly and made a wound worse, and no one wanted me to heal them after (not that I blame them!), and then we nearly die in a fire... XD Ah, those were the times!

I was never into D&D or any of those other non-electronic roleplay systems. In fact, I didn't even know what roleplaying was until AFTER I had started a story with two of my friends. While in seventh and eighth grade, we used to take turns writing on a sheet of paper that would be passed off to one of the others during our class change up. During lunch, we'd huddle together and crack out a few more posts before our other friends joined us.

We got mad crazy with it. So bad that we color coded the characters with not only colors but ink width and thickness. It was intense. Now, the hard part was not getting caught because, let's be honest, having a teacher see our writing would have been terrible. Not that we were doing anything bad, but we had enough make out scenes to write our own Twilight love story saga. We also had some swear words that were symboled out because we were too modest to actually swear on paper.

So yeah, my all time favorite non-electronic roleplaying game was forever ago, but it still brings a smile to my face. Only reason it stopped was because one of the girls moved to Florida. HOWEVER, we moved it online and three of us kept up with it for probably a summer before it died. Pretty neat how pen and paper could be brought online and help us still connect despite being miles apart. The best thing though is the fact that I STILL have the papers. Not all of them, but enough to fill a blinder and spill out of it! Granted, they're folded, wrinkled, old, worn, and hard to read (and oh dear god could we not write or spell). But still! I have them and, one day, would love to try and organize them as best I can.

Oh, derp. I forgot to mention that the characters in our stories... I still use them today. They've definitely grown throughout the years and I look forward to what the future has in store for them. :]

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369