Login to your account

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Advanced Roleplay- Interest Gathering

W00tz. I'll have to work on his history later, but, right now, I think I have all the other sections worked out. I might go back through and check 'm over and add more, but we'll see.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Curiosity here - did you have any other ideas (magical ability-wise) to replace "Flight", Utopia?

Given that anything could possibly happen through the roleplay, there may come a time where the Air Knight having the ability to fly might be overpowered for whatever sort of situation / scenario his comrades and him find themselves in.

Just wrote up two pages worth of my characters profile... and then it crashed... and didn't recover.

I think I'm gonna go... curl up in a ball... or something. >_>;

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Correction, I broke a chair by throwing it off my porch. But that chair needed to be broken down for garbage day anyway so.... at least it was constructive anger.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

The fly ability is not as powerful as it sounds. It specifically says that the user can glide upon the currents of air- think of this more like a bird flying than like superman flying. Also- you are not impervious, so really you can only fly as fast as you can move. Any faster and a even a bug in the face can cause damage. Also, navigation is difficult unless you have a GPS in your head. Sure there are major markers, but it can be tough.

So, suppose you get over the whole bug = damage thing and navigation. Well, now you have to deal with the constant wind in your eyes. If you fly at any altitude, you also have to worry about static build up- you'd be a giant conductor up there and bloody freezing.

Also, just because you can fly, doesn't mean your comrades can. And being a Knight and following the Knightly code means that you can't just leave them there as you are not super strong and at most you could lug one of them around.

In other words, don't worry about it. I totally thought the abilities through.

If you want to change it, you can. *shrug*

----

Schiz - I cannot tell you how often that has happened to me now. And it pisses me off every time. This is why I now compulsively save or do things in text pad.
    Last edited by Utopia; 09-26-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Well, with that, I can just go ahead and go with what I had in mind first and just place it in the 'Wont ever use' category of mine, haha.

And, do we have to have a fifth spell or can I just stick to the four given already? Having a tough time making up a fifth; I had a idea but I'm fickle, indecisive and quick to just give up so I tossed the idea.

Well, you can save it for later if you don't have an idea for a fifth skill or, here are a couple of ideas... (you can even replace fly if you want to, but fly could be handy... *shrug*)

Cloud Shield - This ability creates a shield of clouds. The shield is large enough to guard one person. The clouds both obscure the person and form a barrier of protection from most weapons.

Blue Lightning - This ability calls a jolt of blue lighting. The bolt comes out of the hand of the user and will jump to the closest target dealing electrical damage.

Vertigo - By causing low amplitude sound waves in a person's ear canal, this ability creates an overwhelming sense of vertigo in the target. This can lead to loss of balance, nausea and vomiting and feinting.

Whirlwind - Create a whirlwind of air that sucks the oxygen out of the middle and causes objects to move fast, causing damage to those hit by them.

Windborn - Ability to part the air just prior to moving through it, reducing friction and making the user move faster than normal (about 125% as fast as normal speed).

Also, just be aware that you will have the chance in the future to add additional skills to your abilities. These five are just what you start out with.

I had sort of an idea like Whirlwind, but, it focused more on a single target rather then an area of effect (removing the oxygen from a being / controlling how much are able to breath or something) and it being more of a link-spell that had the risk to temporarily to permanently harm my own character.

I'll probably just keep the four that are listed and attempt to add on whenever the time in the story arises.

Sorry Schiz- Totally missed you question about Getting the rapier.

Yes, probably Faris fought him... Ira would have cheated and Kite would have simply sat around being amused (and possibly drunk with a few women upon his lap.) Likely Ira and Kite goaded both parties on to fight. Faris likely would have been a bit tipsy himself and trying to show off.

But remember, he would have to do something special to earn the respect of the Queen to gain position in her personal guard. Likely he would serve the army/navy in some way in addition to being a storyteller.

Thanks! ^_^

The more I pay attention to detail, the happier I am! Like Xavi I haven't put this much effort into making a character in a long time, and it's proving to be more fun than hard work! But it's a good thing we aren't starting this up for a while or I would be so behind! Haha!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Reading over these posts helped rekindle my love for this rolpelay. Simply love the energy we all had at the beginning. I wanna see it come back.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

yay