Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Advanced Roleplay- Interest Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    Okay, Divination is reserved. If someone else really wants it, you guys can toss a coin or something.
    I'm not sure why I do these random drop ins in this thread... It sounds like a funny RPG but I'm in no way an advanced roleplayer. I'm Beginner almost Intimidate.

Anyway, this had been funny (maybe) if I had found a video with only a coin toss... anyway... fast forward to 1:30 for the coin toss.
    Last edited by Brook V; 09-23-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Changed a BAD typo
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Knight of Illusion for me! ^_^
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I'LL FIGHT THEM TO THE DEATH. >3 I mean... a coin toss sounds nice.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Chose this picture instead, I think this would be more suitable for a medieval setting.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1..._8997243_m.jpg

But I'll probably rely heavily on description when it comes to his looks.

Okay, Illusion is reserved for you. I will use that as the picture on the website unless you tell me otherwise.

Still need to finish up reading, which is going to be a bit delayed due to me catching the flu. x.x

I did, however, manage to find a picture;
    http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/u..._orpheelin.jpg
    Best I could find that I found interesting.

And since the two really-super cool knights are taken, I'm settling for the Air knight.

Still interested, of course, but still need to see how my schedule turns out before getting into more.

Quote Originally Posted by relix View Post
    Still need to finish up reading, which is going to be a bit delayed due to me catching the flu. x.x

I did, however, manage to find a picture;
    http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/u..._orpheelin.jpg
    Best I could find that I found interesting.

And since the two really-super cool knights are taken, I'm settling for the Air knight.

Sorry you got the flu, get well soon! I just wanted to add that that's a pretty sweet picture. o_o

Okay, I will reserve Air then.

It is odd... so far everyone has white/blonde hair- at least from the images you've posted so far. Ya'll also sort of look the same, but that may just be the art style you guys have chosen.

I look forward to seeing character sheets.

I must have started the trend because I'm so cool~. *smug look accompanied by awkward silence* N-no? Uhm... well... *depressed sigh* It was worth a shot.

If this is the way it's going to turn out I may end up trying to find another picture. I was just looking for dark skinned types with long hair. But since he isn't completely created yet I can always change to add more diversity to the group.

You are a trend setter. Be proud.

Also, I posted some information on what people typically look like.

Where is this information? I've been looking through the webpage and can't find it x_x; I feel stupid.

It is in the roleplay thread here: The Information Desk

Also, I have some extra pictures of Knights that I like (but of course people don't have to use) in one of my albums here: Ruby Gate Photo Album

Here ya go, found a suitable picture. It's surprisingly hard to find males that fit the title I was looking for. Had to sift through many women to get to this one.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...g?t=1316919916

Black haired, Hazel eyes, fair skinned... falling under the category of Region 4.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

You may want to use this cropped version though, since he is wielding a sword and not a rapier.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../aaaaaaa-1.jpg

It is really tough to find male images. I was having equal difficulty. It is pretty frustrating. but, it was similarly difficult to find a female picture who wasn't absolutely drop dead gorgeous with huge....tracks of land.

Also, the looks are just the average or typical look for each regions. There are of course exceptions- people do travel around the country and settle in different places. Though, if you come from more humble background, this probably isn't the case, but even the lowly farmer can scrape together enough money to move from one place to another.
    Last edited by Utopia; 09-25-2011 at 09:48 AM.

True, I always have trouble finding average type woman. But in fantasy, well it's fantasy so usually it's mythical beautiful women who are... naked.

I was thinking he was born and raised in Marino, but when of age traveled to Anberlin-Pastine where there would be more ears to listen to his storytelling.

I also wrote out his name, I tried to follow the Naming Traditions closely and this is what I came up with...

Family Name: Dromska
    12 Day Name: Eirek
    12 Year Name: Aldor
    Common Name Alrek (The mix of Eirek and Aldor)

I also started putting together more of his basic information, realized I totally love the Star Signs, I like how important the roles play, and the idea of being born on the cusp so I gave him the birthday 15th of Wilheden so he is under the sign of Nida on it's last day.

I'm having a lot of fun with this Utopia, I really am!

Nice. I like the name. I am really looking forward to what you put together.

Hopefully we'll get some more people interested and applying as well. I would like to get started in October, but we'll need 8 people by then. (Though, I could mime a character or two until we find people to fill them.)

That would be nice, the sooner the better. It would be really great to get Eden in on this too if she ends up not being swamped by then. So that would be... You, Xavi, Relix, Eden and I so we would only need three more applicants... which I'm sure we could get! Oh man, this may even end up being in the running for a featured game! That would get us some more attention.

I'm sure once Maneki catches a glimpse of this she'd be impressed.

I can't decide what I want my guy to look like. T.T

- hangouts -

Check out this place for some really great fantasy art: Epilogue

I actually also made a whole bunch of 200x200px images of knights as well. They are in one of my albums (the Ruby Gate album).

W00tz! I think I found something. Would this guy work?

- hangouts -

I don't feel too awful today, so, I'm going to try to finish up with what I need to read and attempt to get my character's bio started. Did have the name already, though;

Family Name: Templing
    12 Day Name: Adden
    12 Year Name: Erol

Leaning toward him just being preferred to be called 'Templing', but, still on the fence about the whole topic for that. So, off to go finish reading~

And, not to be a bit of a pain ... but, which map is correct? >.>;
    Looking over to figure out where my photo would best be fit into a region, I can't help but feel that the two maps (one from the Information Desk and the one from the World of Amb) aren't the same.
    Last edited by relix; 09-26-2011 at 02:14 PM.

One map is of the southern portion of the continent of Sosern. That is what is posted on "The World of Amb" page. It was just to give an idea of the rest of the continent/mapped world.

The other is just of Arascon (the country where you will be from and the game is set in). If you go here: Basic Geography you will see the country of Arascon.

If you go into here: Professions by Region you will see the regions map. I just lifted it from this page.

I need to do some re-sizing on the "World Map" as a whole because it is pretty big. Then I will post that on the world page.

So I wrote up a good portion of my characters history last night, but got stuck when elaborating on how he came to possess the rapier. I was thinking that as an entertainer he would frequently entertain at a tavern the Knights frequent. Possibly having it so that on one night he boasted about his great speed and agility being more than enough to overpower strength alone. Faris, Kite and Ira take him up on said challenge and one of them fights him for sport. Surprised that he managed to win, he leaves that night regarded much higher than just a simple storyteller.

After Faris' death, Kite delivers the rapier to my character under the request of Faris. Which wouldn't be elaborated any more than a dignified nod.

I wanted to make sure this story worked well for you? Also possibly ask you which character would make most sense that he had fought in the past? I was leaning toward Faris.

Sooooooooo, I just want to make sure this is an a-okay power for Akiyama: Power Mimicry - The ability to copy or absorb another's powers or skills.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

I also want to state that this is, by far, the most plotted out character I have ever created, and I haven't even started on the personality or the history. XD

- hangouts -

Ah. Xav- no. That is way too powerful- especially considering that you are hanging out with the other 9 knights who all have Holy Weapons and those magical abilities. Maybe if the power didn't actually copy, but only caused an illusion of the ability working.

IE: You copy the ability from the Fire Knight Ring of Fire. The illusion of a ring of fire appears around the enemy. This causes them a moment of confusion until they realize that not heat from the ring of fire appears.

Also, neither one of those skills really falls into the ability of Divination. Think in terms of abilities that would be related to your weapon. Psychic type skills.
    Last edited by Utopia; 09-26-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Ah, I wasn't sure. It didn't really state that it needed to be related to the other powers. I figured it wouldn't work, but I wasn't sure so I figured I'd ask.

- hangouts -

Finished reading, as well as bookmarking the World of Amb. I have the worst time remembering anything, so, I'll constantly be going to reread information.

To go about whippin' up some details for my character, woo.

Well, looking at the list I'm assuming you drew your descriptions from, telepathy, mediumship, cross-dimensional awareness, mental projection, and astral projection are the only other options left. Telepathy seems to be too godly. Cross-dimensional awareness, although neat, doesn't seem like it would fit well. I feel like the two projection ones don't fit, either.

So would mediumship - Ability to see and communicate with the dead (i.e., ghosts). - work?

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

He can be a ghost whisperer. XD

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

People found guilty of mind reading or telepathy are often stoned to death. The only exception to this is the Knight of Divination who serves in the Queen's Black Dove Guard.

So does this mean you want the last one to be Telepathy?

- hangouts -

Excellent skill- just remember that dead souls only wander the land for 100 days before they are judged by Shan and reborn. I like it. Could come in handy for certain.

Well, different Knights are able to pull different abilities from the weapon. Also- Empathy and Psychometry could be seen as a form of telepathy.

Also, later on, I am going to allow everyone to pick out more skills from their weapons. You get to evolve as the story progresses and you need to be able to use more of your weapon. So, just keep additional ideas in your head for later on.
    Last edited by Utopia; 09-26-2011 at 04:24 PM.