Login to your account

Thread: graphics vs. mitsu -- + | PROCESS ERROR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

graphics vs. mitsu -- + | PROCESS ERROR

|
    |
              • Hello! This is a thread created to showcase the various graphics I've created over the years. I mostly dabble in avatars and signatures, but I occasionally do other things as well.

• I hope you enjoy looking over the things I have created!

unknown// xx---|

• The basis for this is Mass Effect, and unhappy with the N7 logos out there, I made my own.
      I used a font that was not my creation, however the red shape was my creation entirely,
      as was the background for the avatar. The signature I made using two images I think, and
      some light effects. Placing the N7 logo on the outside of the signature, and the unorthodox
      shape really give it a unique look.

• These three were my most impressive works to the date I finished them. The first gif was
      created first. I was inspired by a really awesome Daft Punk signature I happened across,
      and decided to make my own signature featuring the Bloody Beetroots. This one took me
      a while to even conceptualize, and I went through numerous iterations until I got the final
      result. The large blinking colors was a simple effect, however the smaller, almost faded
      ones was difficult to achieve. Everything except the font and the render was created entirely
      by me. The avatar is a more simple project, using some light effects and a sort of Bokeh
      thing going on. The second signature was me experimenting more with Bokeh and adding
      a grunge feel with the white bits around the render. It was inspired by the background
      on my cell phone. In the end I ended up gifting them to Strude, but I did make personal
      use of them for a bit!

• I'm very pleased with how this entire set turned out. I put together a couple very simple
      elements to make a visually appealing result. I think the set really captures a fun feel, which
      is just perfect for a character like Yuffie.

• This was a signature I made for awolnation. It started as a sort of surprise gift, something
      simple, but turned into a full blown project. The overall look was based on another image
      that awolnation liked; the moon/space mist look really appeals to her. The effect was
      achieved
      with a number of gradients and brush strokes, all combined to create just the right amount of
      fogginess and color. It looks really simple, but to get what I have took more steps than
      one would think. I added a sort of glass, or glare effect as a finishing touch, however that
      effect can be argued as successful or not.

august// o2---|

• This set was done on a whim. It really shows my philosophy of letting great art
      be great art. Normally standard procedure when making these sorts of graphics
      is to cut out a render, and then add all sorts of effects around it. This method
      can produce really great images, and some of the stuff out there is just mind
      blowing. However, I think that sometimes when there is a picture that is already
      fantastic, one should do as little as possible to it. It may sound lazy, or uncreative,
      but if the piece is already so great, I don't see the point in doing much else.
      Letting the original artwork speak for itself can really go a long distance. By making
      only minor edits, I can put my own personal flair on the picture, and also celebrate
      the original by keeping it mostly untarnished.

For the avatar I did far more than the signature. The avatar has a some added
      lines to add texture, some shadows around the frame, and finally a bit of color.
      The signature is even more simple with some horizontal lines, and a tiny bit of
      color; the text was just the final touch. The result is simple and does justice
      to the original artwork, so I feel that this set, regardless of whether or not I
      use it, was a success.

august// o4---|

• This is a series of avatars I did for awolnation. I approached
      this miniature project with the idea of making them look like a series, and not
      just an assortment of vaguely related avatars. Doing so was a simple task
      and the discerning eye can see exactly why. The selection of colors and
      their placement is rather similar, which gives them all the same sort of
      feel or vibe. It was both a time saver, and an effort in creativity.

I had to try and keep the series from looking too boring. By using a similar
      feel for each, I risked the series being very bland, and I did not wish to
      lose interest while working. So, the creativity came in with me trying to find
      some way of keeping myself energized, and to make as many minor modicati-
      -ons as possible. The first three avatars, the top row, are really cohesive.
      It's very clear that they are part of the same set, and they share a rather
      similar palette of colors. It was only with the fourth and fifth avatar that I
      began to feel the need to change things up a bit. Still wishing to keep my
      original goals, I only modified the colors on the Skillex avatar. The most
      obvious departure is the White Lies avatar.

This one still has some familiar colors,and the misty/foggy feel is there, but I
      utilized it in a different way. I instead focused greatly on keeping the negative
      space, and instead utilized the image of the band members to showcase the
      colors. The bars to the left was a last second addition, and one I'm not so sure
      about, to be honest. I don't think it looks bad, but perhaps it would have been
      better without? Still, I'm happy with how this series turned out, and more impor-
      -tantly, awolnation was delighted.

TRANSMISSIONerror --- S E A R C H I N G . . .
    Last edited by Mitsukashira; 12-07-2011 at 11:08 PM.