Login to your account

Thread: Always Watching

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar

Always Watching

Soryn and I would like to start a group roleplay. Here is our idea so far.

History is repeating itself.

In the near future, all countries have given up their power to the United Nations. The UN, being all powerful, makes several bad choices. One of them being the banning of world religion. It is illegal to worship. Period. End of story.

At first, the people are in shock. With a single, ultimate power there's nothing they can do about it, right?

On top of that, the government has eyes everywhere. Even if they wanted to do something about it, they couldn't because the government is always watching.

----And the farmlands. . . The government knows they don't have eyes out there. It's too far from their towers. So everyone is moved closer to the cities, where they can be monitored. This also causes problems, like crowding.
    OR
    ----The farmlands are monitored via satellite.**(Better favored idea)

People are also implanted with chips to track them and such. It also helps the government know where to point the satellites. How the chips are planted and how the people react is yet to be determined.

The only way to worship secretly is to find technological dead spots. Well, find, or create. The people's only hope to reclaim their freedom is a revolution.

Most rebels believe victory is a certainty. After all, they have history on their side.

Now, I know there are some definite loop holes here, and things that need to be fleshed out, but this is the basic idea. Anyone interested?
    Last edited by Petrichora; 09-11-2011 at 03:39 AM.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.