Login to your account

Thread: Thoughts and Feelings Flow like the River

╔═══════════╗

Hidden inside the depths of her cloth satchel, there lies an overstuffed, leather journal. It is bound together by a slightly tarnished golden buckle.

Upon unclasping the buckle, the pages inside reveal to you the thoughts and findings of the Heroine of Water, Gavyn Locke. Be careful upon opening this journal, for slips of parchment, small tokens and various trinkets could easily fall out.

What a day so far, so much has happened in so little time. I’ve gotten myself into something I may not be able to handle, Grandmother. But I think I’ve figured out a few things that I need not forget.

Ka’Lent City - This place holds true to the stories I’ve heard in the past, everything here is amazingly extravagant. Although I really didn’t have much time to dilly dally on the trip here, I got a good glimpse of the buildings. Everything was much more marvelous than the sites I’m used to at home, the high tech and reliance on all things technological is far beyond me. If we ever do pass into these walls again, I will try and learn as much as I can about these things. If I have the time, I will include some rough sketches of the buildings I saw, along with a rendering of The Steps of Dawn.

My newly acquired comrades are a very colorful bunch, so different in so many ways but all united under the same cause… it really is something to marvel at.

Nicholas - Everyone else refers to him as Nick, so I think I should do the same, I don’t want to come off too formal. He seems to lead the way, and possess an abundance of helpful knowledge for our journey but in no way does he really “seem” like a leader. From what I’ve seen, he is quite nice although a little eccentric. Oh, and do note that he has no respect for personal space, so I should keep my guard up. Rynn seems not to like him very much, and everyone else seems to think he is a pain, but I really haven’t seen that part of him so I won’t go pinning him under that respect yet. Being the Hero of Dark it would make sense for him to be “gloom and doom” (as he said) but I don’t see it in anything more than his attire. I do wonder why he acts so romantic (I’m not sure if that is the right word.)

Rynn - A wonderful leader, and we are blessed to have her to keep everyone in place! I really feel genuinely out of the loop when it comes to most of the goings on in our group but she seems to keep a small leash on everyone to keep things running smoothly. She really is someone I respect greatly, even though we have just met she clearly holds a lot of qualities I wish I had in myself. I will try to learn as much as I can from her.

- Walk with your chin high and chest out. (It shows confidence.)
    - Speak with a strong, audible tone. (People are more prone to listen to you this way.)

This is all I have to learn for now, but it really will take me a while to learn her ways, I don’t know if I’ll be able to ever raise my little mouse voice though… Hopefully she won’t mind me asking her to give me a few lessons. I saw the way she worked with her element, it was so second hand! She manipulated fire without even batting an eyelash. I am not sure how long she has possessed her gift, but it is still impressive.

Jennavieve
    - Much like Nick, I believe she prefers Jenna. She reminds me a lot of Rynn, which is most likely why I’ve taken a liking to her as well, respecting her qualities. She even burst out into dance! I wonder where she hails from, and if the dance she was doing was native from there. By no means do I know how to dance in even the slightest, but I’m far too bashful to learn. Another trait that reminds me of Rynn is that she seems to have some kind of new connection to Nick, maybe it is just emotional but those girls see something in him that I can’t see… I wonder… but anyhow. I hope to speak more with her soon, she harnesses the power of lightning and I have read that if electricity is applied to my water attacks, they can be enhanced ten fold! Oh I cannot wait to train with her!

The Light Heroine
    - I have yet to learn her name, and to be quite honest ever since I’ve gotten here she hasn’t been in the best of moods. Perhaps I missed something, but I hope to soon properly introduce myself and maybe get to know her a bit better. She processes an angelic beauty that very much compliment her element, not too long ago I witnessed a great bout of her power! I only saw it from a distance but she created some kind of light force field that held Adam within it. It was very large, amazingly bright in aura and withstood great amounts of pressure… it will surely be useful in battle.

The Mysterious Male - I have no idea who this boy is, or what his name is… I don’t even know his element, but from physical characteristics I could only assume he possessed the skills of Ice. Since I’ve arrived, he hasn’t spoken, and has stayed quiet in the pack, perhaps he is shy or just the strong silent type but I strive to learn more about him in the future. Also note, that he is wearing a tiara… and that is quite odd for a boy…

Adam - I saved the Earth Elementalist for last! I’ve had the most face time with him, and I’m happy to say he is a very friendly boy! He is a little smaller than the rest of the males, but I in no way intend to underestimate his strength! Adam took the time to give me a little sample of his power, growing a large and thick vine quickly before my eyes from a tiny seed he kept with the others in a pouch he always carries on him. The smell was more divine than the freshest harvest at home, it was unbelievable! I’m not sure he noticed but I snatched one of the large green leaves bellowing from the vine and I plan on keeping it here in this journal, just for reference, along with one of his seeds I managed to pick up off the ground upon my arrival. I hope he doesn’t think I am a know it all, from the way I spoke to him earlier about our powers. I feel like such a bookworm when I go on and on like that… it can’t be very appealing! But really, I was just trying to inform him that my powers can enhance his moves and we could compliment each other. I wasn’t trying to show off for him, I really wasn’t. Why am I explaining this here, it doesn’t need explaining! … All in all… he is a really nice guy, and I hope to become great friends… (it was also nice seeing how happy my baking made him.)

Well… I’ve gone on enough it seems, to the point that I’ve rather flustered myself. Before I end for the night I’d like to note that something seems to be missing from our group, but I can’t quite put my finger on it… I will give more information on that later…
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 09-03-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.