Login to your account

Thread: X Marks the Sin

X Marks the Sin

In a universe outside our own, a magical planet that lives in a time of chaos and darkness. A full-blown war is said to be in the ever-nearing future. The people of the planet fear it, but they are embracing the much-desired change that would surely spill out the veins of hatred and war.

A group was created to purge the world of darkness, but it was a futile attempt on their part. All but five people died a brutal unforeseen death. Trying to attack the sanctum, the group known as F.E.A.R. fell victim to the al'Sinne's trap. Met by an overwhelming large army of elite soldiers and officers, F.E.A.R. met its fate - death.

With a rain of bullets wounding all and killing many, only a very few were able to survive. Those that did would die later in a prison or be forced to go to a trial before the guardian of the sanctum, the very people that were creating fear amongst the common folk.

However, out of the ashes of destruction, arose five souls whose destiny was now nothing but vengeance. Branded with a mark that would forever label them an enemy to all sides, these individuals created a name for themselves. They are now known as HERO. It is up to HERO so... save the world from utter destruction. Nonetheless, another force exists to bring an end to the corrupt government. The Rebeliance, however, is no godsend for they, too, are out for blood.

So, which side of the war do you fight for? Everyone? The Gleasse? Or for yourself?

All people of this planet are gifted with elemental powers*. Those that don't appear to have powers have the power of "Normal." It's with these powers that the people of Aelcliff are able to live with primitive supplies. Granted, they still have cars, flying vehicles, and may other great scientific wonders, but for the most part people don't use this stuff. The people live together to provide for one another. A metal elementalist wields weapons for the soldier. A lightning elementalist powers the energy grid that lights up with the streets in the night. A radiation elementalist helps find curses for diseases and ailments. The elementalists tend to live in harmony that was until the la'Sinne laid siege on the planet.

*If you need help finding an element, check out this list: [ x ]. Try to avoid duplicating powers. Also, elements such as void, radiation, aura, etc. are rarer, so these cannot be duplicated at any cost.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-31-2011 at 06:51 PM.

I'm looking for people to join this. So if you or someone you know might be interested, please let me know if this wets your appetite. If it does, I shall go make it.

"We fight when the rest give up."
    HEROs fight to the greater good of all.
    Bloodshed and hatred might fill their veins,
    but they seek a more civilized manner of getting justice.
    They will not attack the Rebeliance.

"Those not with us... must die. Justice will be served."
    These people don't see eye-to-eye with the HEROs.
    They seek a bloodier path and, if push comes to shove,
    will kill any HERO that comes in their way.

"Our blades know not of defeat. We shall purge the world of evil."
    The la'Sinne are out for blood.
    They mainly seek to wipe out the HEROs,
    but they are also killing the Gleasse soldiers.
    The la'Sinne will murder anyone that dares change their ways.

Hmmm, guess I'll leave this one on hold since no one's shown an interest.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Would anyone have any interest in joining this story? I have been wanting to bring it to WTFRPG, but I didn't get any interest the first go around. Let's see if I can rope in any participants this go around.

- hangouts -

Link to the thread. Figured I needed to show that I actually have a nearly complete idea for this....

- hangouts -