Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Sims Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    Brook, you are stuck with a default neighborhood but CAW(Create A World), you can use to create your own.

I almost made one but due to reformats...I lost my world. I was actually working on it on Mod The Sims. But eh..
    Is CAW some program you need to download to be able to make your own neighborhood? It's probably very complicated then.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    Is CAW some program you need to download to be able to make your own neighborhood? It's probably very complicated then.
    Yes, but it's not too complicated once you learn how to use it.

You can either use a blank preset of the ones you have downloaded or begin anew with a square or rocky template. You can them terraform the ground, place roads(Make sure it works though), make lots at desired sizes for use of both empty lots for players to place houses or rabbitholes, etc, and then save it.

Yes, but it's not too complicated once you learn how to use it.

You can either use a blank preset of the ones you have downloaded or begin anew with a square or rocky template. You can them terraform the ground, place roads(Make sure it works though), make lots at desired sizes for use of both empty lots for players to place houses or rabbitholes, etc, and then save it.
    It sounds a bit like the creator that came with the Sims 2. The starting template could be done with Sim City 4. Why didn't they include it in Sims 3? Is it made by a fan or by EA? Also will it work with the Sims 3 gameplay? I.e. you can go everywhere.

You said something about format issues?

Btw is there just 1 neighborhood in the Sims 3 or are there several?
    Last edited by Brook V; 08-30-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    Zone District

It sounds a bit like the creator that came with the Sims 2. The starting template could be done with Sim City 4. Why didn't they include it in Sims 3? Is it made by a fan or by EA? Also will it work with the Sims 3 gameplay? I.e. you can go everywhere.

You said something about format issues?

Btw is there just 1 neighborhood in the Sims 3 or are there several?
    It's a separate utility which you can download. EA released it a short while after release to allow for custom worlds.

I formatted my HD awhile ago so I lost my world which I was working on. That's what i'm talking about.

Free worlds which you can either download off the store, get with expansions, or paid worlds off the store.

It's a separate utility which you can download. EA released it a short while after release to allow for custom worlds.

I formatted my HD awhile ago so I lost my world which I was working on. That's what i'm talking about.

Free worlds which you can either download off the store, get with expansions, or paid worlds off the store.
    Alright thank for the answers. Perhaps I should get the Sims 3...
    This CAW utility, where do I get it from? From the EA store, some patch, some site on the net?
    Zone District

You can get CAW from The Sims 3 site. I know EA has made it available plus you can also try some third party sites as well.

I'd however go for The Sims 3 site for an updated release.

OK.

However my laptop can't run The Sims 3. Perhaps my brother's computer can?
    Zone District

Sims 3 has pretty high graphics requirements and even my rig lags a little with graphics. Though it is minor graphical lag.

I'd try a computer that is 1-2 years old so if your brothers is...then go for it.

Well, there's no graphics problem, it's my CPU that is the problem. It's not dual-core nor fast enough. My CPU is a big problem for me. I used this site: System Requirements Lab

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Bahahah... I got almost 1 GB of Graphics RAM.
    Zone District

I have 4 or 8 gigs of ram. I believe it to be four...so gaming is no problem.

I only go 1.7 GB of RAM This laptop is not a gaming computer, at all. Well, good that I don't play so many games them.

... my graphics card has 856 Mb built-in/dedicated RAM.
    Zone District

I have a card with 4(More like around 5) gigs built in plus the 3-4 more of extra ram for other needs such as high processing.

I can do a good 45 minute to an hour HD video in about that same time unlike most that do it in 2-3 hours.

It sounds like you got a very powerful computer. I really can't do much in upgrading as my computer is a laptop which isn't even sold anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

It's strange that even though you got such a powerful computer Sims 3 still lags! I don't think my brother's computer is that strong even... guess I'll never be able to play Sims 3. For me Sims 2 will have to do I assume.
    Zone District

The only problem my rig has with most games is just the loading of textures especially if it's progressive loading. You know...like one part derezzes when you leave that area so the textures fade and rezzes at where you're currently act so you see the textures become higher quality. That's the only reason for minor graphical lag.

Other than that...it runs most games fine. Hell, I could play Far Cry 2 on good settings and it'd run no problem. Crysis...still have not tried but bet it'd run on high with no graphical problems.
    Last edited by APBCole; 08-30-2011 at 06:29 PM.

It sounds like you got a very powerful computer. I really can't do much in upgrading as my computer is a laptop which isn't even sold anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

It's strange that even though you got such a powerful computer Sims 3 still lags! I don't think my brother's computer is that strong even... guess I'll never be able to play Sims 3. For me Sims 2 will have to do I assume.
    Sims 3 ran much better than Sims 2 did on my crappy little laptop that could barely run anything. >_>

I tried sims 3 and I was only allowed to have up to three people in my home or my game would crash. I found that out the hard way when I tried to have a wedding party and my computer blue-screened. So I ended up switching to Sims 2 and everything was good until I got hit with twins and my guy's mood got so bad that he took a bubble bath and refused to get out until he died of starvation.
    Before you ask, Yes, I am indeed a madman in a box.

The Arrival of Sorrow - Currently in need of players

...o_o

That was a glitch. A horrible glitch that I got from playing with mods.

Edit: He was very clean though.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 08-31-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    Before you ask, Yes, I am indeed a madman in a box.

The Arrival of Sorrow - Currently in need of players

The only mod I have in Sims 2 is two characters I downloaded...
    Zone District

I have tons of house mods and clothing mods since my rig can support it all with no problems(Cept the refreshing texture problem) but it all works fine.

Yesterday my Sim decided she wanted to meet a vampire so I found her one in a sleezy bar. My Sim tried talking to her but first the vampire wanted to look at the camera and complain about being hungry, and kept pointing into his mouth.

I hightailed it out of there. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Yesterday my Sim decided she wanted to meet a vampire so I found her one in a sleezy bar. My Sim tried talking to her but first the vampire wanted to look at the camera and complain about being hungry, and kept pointing into his mouth.

I hightailed it out of there. xD
    O.O ...creepy.
    Zone District

Auuuuuugh!!!

My game just crashed and I lost like a RL day. I had made sooooo much progress, too.

You should at least save every so often to make sure if your game crashes...you can at least do what you did before and it'll be the same result.

However, I haven't played in awhile due to my school year starting tomorrow an I may over the weekend next week if I feel like it. So...I dunno...

Yeah, usually I save fairly regularly but it must have just not happened this time. I was playing pretty distractedly the whole time so wasn't really thinking much. (ie tabbed in and out)

I normally save everytime I do something important or noteworthy (Leveling a skill, buying something new, etc)

It works and it allows me to keep all progress.

This topic hasn't really been used in awhile and The Sims 3: Pets just recently released so i'm hoping to get a discussion going again.

Sadly, i'm multitasking by being on the forum and The Sims 3. I find Pets amusing due to the fact that strays cause problems for my house by tearing up newspapers that are left outside which is funny...really...funny...

:GASP: SIMS3 >4! I've played several games and somehow this family I've actually stuck with. I'm on my 4th generation of sims. My girl just got married to a cop and she's older than him [He's still a YA and she's 4-5 days from becoming an elder. . . Did I mention she's a rockstar? COUGAR! RAR] Her dad, Romeo Sekemoto, cheated on his wife, fought her, took 1 of the twin girls and left. Note his wife was pregnant. She, by herself, cared for I think 3 kids. c:

Should I have another kid before my rockstar gets old?

Also, I want pets! I have adventures and ambitions. I want nightlife, pets and I want them to create college & apartment life.