Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Sims Discussion

General Sims Discussion

As the title states...just discuss what happened in your current game, what games in the series you like, etc.

Any Sims related discussion is well fit for here.

To start:
    WHY MUST MY SIM DIE ON THE SAME LOT TWICE?! It's probably because I put a Hollywood home in a rural countryside. xD It's cursed just by the fact it exists.

I have only played Sims 2 (got all expansions but not all booster packs).

Currently I'm running a University plot with multiple characters I want to get together. Then I downloaded Jack Twist and Ennis Del Mar that I play a bit with.

Did you know a Sim can die by getting s satellite/meteor in their heads? Didn't know that!
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

What do you think has mostly killed my Sims in The Sims 3?

Literally...there was one meteor strike the first time I placed my Sim, he died by it, second time he burned by failed inventors table catching on fire, and it glitched and a meteor once again hit my sim that had died. Basically...that Sim now requires the Lucky trait and maybe he won't die as often or at all. Especially by meteors which...holy crap...are often.

Hehe, I like this.

I loooooooved Sims 2 University...so bummed there's nothing like it in Sims 3. But 3 sort of makes up for it with being able to interact with people everywhere, anyway. Still, young adults were fun to play.

There was a while where I was doing a sort of timeline of a family, I started in like...the 1860s? and moved my way up. I'm in the 1920's now I think, vaguely around there. But the current mother of the household is a very loose celebrity and is constantly depressed because people won't stop gossiping about her affairs. xD

You have Late Night? Do you also have up to Generations, Eden? I have all the way up to Generations.

Being a celebrity is fun which is why now i'm basically going for CC which either is A) Large while B) Having a gate so that paparazzi cannot get through. Since you know...you can treat a gate as a front door and thus paparazzi cannot get into your property. That's why gates are a requirement for my houses.

I have everything but Ambitions, I was really disappointed with Generations. ._. I'm also kind of frustrated with LN since you can't really have a family home in the city, you have to live aaaaages away.

Ambitions is one of the better expansions as per the fact of the job choices. Though yeah...Bridgeport as you have to go over the sims version of the Bay Bridge in San Francisco to the hills. The hills aren't bad except that there is little variance in the property sizes plus you have a longer travel time to anywhere in the main city or back. I mean....I like Bridgeport...if the detective job was easier. It's much easier in Twinbrooks as it's a smaller town, has less travel time, and has pretty much easier cases.

Detective ftw...

Oh man yeah I loooooved being a detective back when I had Ambitions. Hiding in bushes btw. xD

The funny part of Stakeouts is the fact that he thinks holding 2 little bushes is going to make him unseen...when...if you're a celebrity...er..that's kinda hard to do and also amusing.

I believe my detective is a 3 star celebrity. I believe...a C-List. But yeah...he's named in reference to the two main characters of LA Noire. There's only two possible name combinations if you can guess em and figure out which one is used. Using whose first name and whose last name?

Bahaha, do people take pictures of him while he's hiding? xD Maybe it's a detective show!

I have no idea, I haven't gotten to play LA Noire yet. : ( Which reminds me, I should check if the price went down...

Yes. People do try to take pictures while he's hiding which I go "LOLWTF". It's so funny too since you see them surround him.

Aww...well...once you do...you can guess the name of him. There's only two main characters you play anyway...

I haven't played the Sims 3. I don't like that you can't create and control a family, only individual Sims. Other than that it seems to be a good game. But there's so many expansions now! I thought they wouldn't release any expansions/booster packs to Sims 3?
    Last edited by Brook V; 08-28-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Zone District

You think they wouldn't do it? It's EA. They go where the money is...expansions....

I think after Pets comes out then that'll be my final expansion.

I actually think I read it somewhere... But greed always gets the better of them.
    Zone District

EA tends to have many series which are constant sequels and vary little in gameplay.

If they do have a unique game...it's 1 in a million. And even then...they make tons of sequels out of it.

True.

Anyway... My reason for not playing Sims 3 is that you only got control over 1 Sim. Is it really so? You can't control the rest of the family on a lot?
    Zone District

That is false. You can control the whole entire family. You either read something that is false or someone is messing with you.

It wouldn't be a Sims game without the ability to control the entire family, right?

I also read that you controlled your Sim on his/her work. Is that true and if so what happens when several family members have work? I can't control them both at the same time for several hours.
    Zone District

I believe you can control each sim for work. Ambitions and also if you want Late Night is good for jobs which you can do stuff with your sims. However, you probably should be able to muiltitask between there work as long as you get all there stuff done before your off the clock.

Certain jobs are still rabbitholes however I can list a few that are not: Inventing, Detective, Firefighter, Mixologist(You serve beverages), Stylist, Architectural Designer. These jobs you can do whatever and depending on the job you can stay home for it however for a FF that'd be a bad idea as you have to be at the station if there is a possible emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    I believe you can control each sim for work. Ambitions and also if you want Late Night is good for jobs which you can do stuff with your sims. However, you probably should be able to muiltitask between there work as long as you get all there stuff done before your off the clock.
    That sounds very difficult. I would probably fail badly at that.
    Zone District

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    That sounds very difficult. I would probably fail badly at that.
    Detectives have open hours which means I don't have to go to work 24/7 as I can either get cases at the PD or on the computer. I like it for that freedom. Architectural Designers have set hours in which job opportunities show that you can select of what you want to do so...you can choose what house to fix up and finish the remodel whenever. I can do a fairly good remodel in around 15-20 minutes as long as I have a good idea in mind for the building.

The one thing about Ambitions though was it got a little annoying sometimes to have to babysit large families in their jobs. I wish they'd let you just have the sim be automated on their job sometimes as an option to turn on and off. For example I had a robot fireman and sometimes he would just ignore fires or have trouble getting into a burning house if I didn't babysit him. T_T

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    True.

Anyway... My reason for not playing Sims 3 is that you only got control over 1 Sim. Is it really so? You can't control the rest of the family on a lot?
    Yeah as APB said this is definitely not true. It's possible what they meant is that it's a bit harder to play different families if I remember right, but I haven't tried in ages. I think you have to switch the "main" family for the neighborhood to play them, instead of just selecting that household. Which has never really been an issue for me since other families' lives progress automatically (the lack of which was really weird for me in Sims 2) and you can visit their house all you want.

I forgot about Babysitting. LOL. I probably forgot about it as that is one of the jobs my future sims are not going to have.

I still have yet to create a Firefighter though...and try out that career. Every other career is pretty interesting as I get to work though I have yet to become a self-employed writer though...even though when I last installed the sims I had a writer character.
    Last edited by APBCole; 08-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.

My character was trapped in an elevator. >< I've not played it since. XD

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Did they die, Xav? o_o

xD

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Did they die, Xav? o_o

xD

LMAO! No, it was the worst glitch ever. And it sucked. He fathered a child and wasn't home so I had to keep the girlfriend at home to feed/care for the baby. Doing that caused her to get in trouble with her job. I was just like "WTF dude, WTF!"

e eventually got out and was trapped on the top floor - which had a bar. He peed himself, passed out in the elevator, and was bored outta his mind. But he was fed and 'rested.' It just sucked because he was literally trapped. But he wasn't alone. The bar tender, bouncer, and some celeb were trapped with him. XD

- hangouts -

.....bahahahaha! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post

LMAO! No, it was the worst glitch ever. And it sucked. He fathered a child and wasn't home so I had to keep the girlfriend at home to feed/care for the baby. Doing that caused her to get in trouble with her job. I was just like "WTF dude, WTF!"

e eventually got out and was trapped on the top floor - which had a bar. He peed himself, passed out in the elevator, and was bored outta his mind. But he was fed and 'rested.' It just sucked because he was literally trapped. But he wasn't alone. The bar tender, bouncer, and some celeb were trapped with him. XD
    Couldn't the girlfriend call the job and ask to take time off for taking care of the baby? You could do that in Sims 2...

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

The one thing about Ambitions though was it got a little annoying sometimes to have to babysit large families in their jobs. I wish they'd let you just have the sim be automated on their job sometimes as an option to turn on and off. For example I had a robot fireman and sometimes he would just ignore fires or have trouble getting into a burning house if I didn't babysit him. T_T
    I wouldn't be good at that I think, to babysit them.

Yeah as APB said this is definitely not true. It's possible what they meant is that it's a bit harder to play different families if I remember right, but I haven't tried in ages. I think you have to switch the "main" family for the neighborhood to play them, instead of just selecting that household. Which has never really been an issue for me since other families' lives progress automatically (the lack of which was really weird for me in Sims 2) and you can visit their house all you want.
    That sounds complicated. :S
    It does sound good that other families progress automatically. Also sounds good you can visit other sims, which you couldn't do in Sims 2.

Btw can you create your own neighborhood or is there only a default neighborhood you must be in?
    Zone District

>< I don't believe my Sims have a phone. They are poor. XD

- hangouts -

Brook, you are stuck with a default neighborhood but CAW(Create A World), you can use to create your own.

I almost made one but due to reformats...I lost my world. I was actually working on it on Mod The Sims. But eh..