Login to your account

Thread: General Sims Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brook, you are stuck with a default neighborhood but CAW(Create A World), you can use to create your own.

I almost made one but due to reformats...I lost my world. I was actually working on it on Mod The Sims. But eh..

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    Brook, you are stuck with a default neighborhood but CAW(Create A World), you can use to create your own.

I almost made one but due to reformats...I lost my world. I was actually working on it on Mod The Sims. But eh..
    Is CAW some program you need to download to be able to make your own neighborhood? It's probably very complicated then.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    Is CAW some program you need to download to be able to make your own neighborhood? It's probably very complicated then.
    Yes, but it's not too complicated once you learn how to use it.

You can either use a blank preset of the ones you have downloaded or begin anew with a square or rocky template. You can them terraform the ground, place roads(Make sure it works though), make lots at desired sizes for use of both empty lots for players to place houses or rabbitholes, etc, and then save it.

Yes, but it's not too complicated once you learn how to use it.

You can either use a blank preset of the ones you have downloaded or begin anew with a square or rocky template. You can them terraform the ground, place roads(Make sure it works though), make lots at desired sizes for use of both empty lots for players to place houses or rabbitholes, etc, and then save it.
    It sounds a bit like the creator that came with the Sims 2. The starting template could be done with Sim City 4. Why didn't they include it in Sims 3? Is it made by a fan or by EA? Also will it work with the Sims 3 gameplay? I.e. you can go everywhere.

You said something about format issues?

Btw is there just 1 neighborhood in the Sims 3 or are there several?
    Last edited by Brook V; 08-30-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    Zone District

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    It sounds a bit like the creator that came with the Sims 2. The starting template could be done with Sim City 4. Why didn't they include it in Sims 3? Is it made by a fan or by EA? Also will it work with the Sims 3 gameplay? I.e. you can go everywhere.

You said something about format issues?

Btw is there just 1 neighborhood in the Sims 3 or are there several?
    It's a separate utility which you can download. EA released it a short while after release to allow for custom worlds.

I formatted my HD awhile ago so I lost my world which I was working on. That's what i'm talking about.

Free worlds which you can either download off the store, get with expansions, or paid worlds off the store.

It's a separate utility which you can download. EA released it a short while after release to allow for custom worlds.

I formatted my HD awhile ago so I lost my world which I was working on. That's what i'm talking about.

Free worlds which you can either download off the store, get with expansions, or paid worlds off the store.
    Alright thank for the answers. Perhaps I should get the Sims 3...
    This CAW utility, where do I get it from? From the EA store, some patch, some site on the net?
    Zone District