Login to your account

Thread: Tattoos

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar

Tattoos

So lately I've been thinking about tattoos.

~ Do you have one? What is it? Where is it?
    ~ If you don't have one, do you want to get one? What?
    ~ If you don't want to get one, why not? (Please be nice with this one. Meaning, nobody pick on anyone else for differing opinions).
    ~ What are some interesting tattoos you've seen?
    ~ Where do you think would be the best place for a tattoo?

I do not have a tattoo. However, in a few years, I do want on, after I've settled on my tattoo design (I'm going to stick with a design for a minimum of three years before actually committing to it). I have a few ideas. One, design that I've had for several months now is a polar bear (just an outline, possibly with the word 'isbjorn'). Another would be an elephant (not completely sure what it's supposed to look like, yet). And one that I'm not sure if I like yet would simply be the word 'Intent.'

As for interesting tattoos that I've seen, there have only been a few memorable ones. My brother has an ocean wave below a rising sun on his forearm, my friend has one on her right shoulder that says "Wear words fail, music speaks," and my other friend has on the right side of his chest a griffin surrounded by a compass rose (only, instead of N, S, E, and W, it has the Norse runes for it), and along the side of it on a scroll, it says his name in Norse runes.

So what about you?
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

Nope, I don't have a tattoo.

I'm not sure if I want one or not. I figure if you're not sure you want one, you shouldn't get one - it's easier to change your mind one way than the other, hey? xD

Partly my reasons for not getting one relate to if I get one, I'd want it to be with my own artwork rather than the artwork of someone I may not even know. It would have less meaning to me otherwise. But my artwork isn't at a level that I'd really be okay with putting it on my body for forever, y'know?

I've considered getting the following tattoos. I've been thinking of most of them for well over ten years, so it's not something I'd just come up with:
    - Wings on my ankles, re: Hermes
    - Tiny wings on my back, re: angels
    - Tiny swallows on my wrists, re: traditional tattoo designs (only I'd want one on each wrist where I could join them together) <-- Newest idea for consideration.

I think the "best place" for a tattoo is whatever is best for the person and the design. I personally prefer it when tattoos are placed somewhere that can be covered up for formal occasions, but who am I to tell anyone how to express themselves? It really depends entirely on someone's lifestyle and image. Some people can pull off having loads of tattoos and some others... really can't. So while I may think to myself, "Man, I wish they hadn't got that tattoo. They're going to regret it in ten years." the person themselves may think they look hawtsome and may never regret having got it. So there you go. :B My thoughts.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I really like all those ideas for tattoos. Especially the one regarding Hermes. And, I totally understand what you mean about not getting one if you're not sure, and about the best place for tattoos. I would want to put a tattoo somewhere that can at least be covered up for work. And, I guess as long as the person is happy with it, there's really nothing we can complain about.

Yes, the Hermes ankle wings are the ones I'm most likely to get. Though I hear that ankle tattoos hurt, which is also a consideration. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I have one. Though i am thinking of getting a second one in the later future. My tatty is that of a fox on my lower back actually. The moment i turned eighteen, bam i had it done. I dont regret it in the least either. My sister though has seven tattoos and is still getting more. Yikes thats a little too many in my opinion. Each there own

Everyone is different for a good and bad place to get a tattoo. All i can say is make sure it is something you are going to like and remember we all aged. Put it in a dumb spot and one day that butterfly will look like a vulture!
    Updates Mondays

I've no tattoos myself, and I'm not sure if I will ever get one. Most likely, I prolly won't.

The biggest reason I have for not getting one, besides the fact that it's permanent, is the fact I am terrified of needles. My fear of them would probably classify as a phobia.

If I wasn't so bothered by needles, and pain (I hear differing stories of whether or not it hurts), I know one tattoo that appeals to me is of a tiger. I've been obsessed with them for as long as I can remember, so would be unlikely to ever dislike it (as long as it was done in a style I like of course.)
    As for where, no idea.

I don't really have much of an opinion regarding the best place for a tattoo, though keeping the norms of society in mind, being able to cover it for work generally is the best.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

No ink on this pup. Never was and there never will be. I get allergy injects once a week and I've been getting them for the past six years. I hate needles with a burning passion. I can tolerate the allergy shots because they are in the same place and your arm does get used to them. Moreover, I don't want one because when I'm, say 50, I don't want it to be ugly, faded, and wrinkly.

If I were to ever be totally crazy and get one, it would be a small star on the inside of my right wrist. I might also get a 'tramp stamp' star with tribal swirls. I also think the Crest of Friendship (Digimon) would be sick to have somewhere. Not sure where, but it would be sweet. :3
    But I wouldn't actually get them. XP

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

~ Do you have one? What is it? Where is it?
    ~ If you don't have one, do you want to get one? What?
    ~ If you don't want to get one, why not? (Please be nice with this one. Meaning, nobody pick on anyone else for differing opinions).
    ~ What are some interesting tattoos you've seen?
    ~ Where do you think would be the best place for a tattoo?
    - I don't got any tattoos.

- I don't want to get one no matter how fancy it might look like.

- Well, I don't like needles,it's probably going to hurt and I'm not a big fan of pain, it's permanent and I might regret is down the line somewhere.

- That's hard as I don't pay much interest to it. I have seen a few though that looked nice. One guy I saw had big wings on his back. It looked cool. Another one had a victory crown on his biceps.

Oh, one tattoo I saw, which I thought was a bad decision, was names of former girlfriends. I can see the romantic thing of doing it but it's permanent. The relationship might not be.
    Girls, how would you feel if a guy you dated had four names of girls he used to date tattooed on his body?

- Biceps or your backside. I agree with previous posters it would be best if it where somewhere where you could cover it up if needed.
    I don't think it's nice if you have a large tattoo going down your arm(s). It's just too much. Guess I'm not a fan of big ones.
    Last edited by Brook V; 08-26-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    I don't think it's nice if you have a large tattoo going down your arm(s). It's just too much. Guess I'm not a fan of big ones.
    I agree with you 100%!

- hangouts -

I love tattoos! Not all of them, but I have seen some impressive artwork in the past. But, I am not covered in them... actually I don't have a single one! And that could possibly be because of two reasons...

• I am terrified of needles. x-x
    • I am a terrible decision maker.
    • Too much commitment scares me.

It's really a downer when I have ideas for them, and probably will never use them. My favorite one of all is an idea for a sleeve, which will be fairly hard to do since I'm just skin and bone there. But it's essentially like a food chain. My shoulder/shoulder blade would have a panther prowling, a hawk will have a snake in it's claws, the snake will wrap around my lower arm attempting to devour a frog thats tongue will be out about to snatch up a fly on my wrist.

"Oms noms noms" Would be the title of that. I'd probably go more specific when the time came but that's what I have so far. I wish I could just give the idea to someone with more balls so they could do it! More and more I see older people with tattoos they got long ago and you honestly can't even tell what they are... so that is another thing that scares me. I may be a freak but I have seen some really beautiful work done and to think that one day it would turn into a mushy blotch is depressing! So I probably won't ever get one... D:
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 08-26-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerkytti View Post
    I've no tattoos myself, and I'm not sure if I will ever get one. Most likely, I prolly won't.

The biggest reason I have for not getting one, besides the fact that it's permanent, is the fact I am terrified of needles. My fear of them would probably classify as a phobia.

If I wasn't so bothered by needles, and pain (I hear differing stories of whether or not it hurts), I know one tattoo that appeals to me is of a tiger. I've been obsessed with them for as long as I can remember, so would be unlikely to ever dislike it (as long as it was done in a style I like of course.)
    As for where, no idea.

I don't really have much of an opinion regarding the best place for a tattoo, though keeping the norms of society in mind, being able to cover it for work generally is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    No ink on this pup. Never was and there never will be. I get allergy injects once a week and I've been getting them for the past six years. I hate needles with a burning passion. I can tolerate the allergy shots because they are in the same place and your arm does get used to them. Moreover, I don't want one because when I'm, say 50, I don't want it to be ugly, faded, and wrinkly.

If I were to ever be totally crazy and get one, it would be a small star on the inside of my right wrist. I might also get a 'tramp stamp' star with tribal swirls. I also think the Crest of Friendship (Digimon) would be sick to have somewhere. Not sure where, but it would be sweet. :3
    But I wouldn't actually get them. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    - I don't got any tattoos.

- I don't want to get one no matter how fancy it might look like.

- Well, I don't like needles,it's probably going to hurt and I'm not a big fan of pain, it's permanent and I might regret is down the line somewhere.

- That's hard as I don't pay much interest to it. I have seen a few though that looked nice. One guy I saw had big wings on his back. It looked cool. Another one had a victory crown on his biceps.

Oh, one tattoo I saw, which I thought was a bad decision, was names of former girlfriends. I can see the romantic thing of doing it but it's permanent. The relationship might not be.
    Girls, how would you feel if a guy you dated had four names of girls he used to date tattooed on his body?

- Biceps or your backside. I agree with previous posters it would be best if it where somewhere where you could cover it up if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofMana View Post
    I have one. Though i am thinking of getting a second one in the later future. My tatty is that of a fox on my lower back actually. The moment i turned eighteen, bam i had it done. I dont regret it in the least either. My sister though has seven tattoos and is still getting more. Yikes thats a little too many in my opinion. Each there own

Everyone is different for a good and bad place to get a tattoo. All i can say is make sure it is something you are going to like and remember we all aged. Put it in a dumb spot and one day that butterfly will look like a vulture!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    I love tattoos! Not all of them, but I have seen some impressive artwork in the past. But, I am not covered in them... actually I don't have a single one! And that could possibly be because of two reasons...

• I am terrified of needles. x-x
    • I am a terrible decision maker.
    • Too much commitment scares me.

It's really a downer when I have ideas for them, and probably will never use them. My favorite one of all is an idea for a sleeve, which will be fairly hard to do since I'm just skin and bone there. But it's essentially like a food chain. My shoulder/shoulder blade would have a panther prowling, a hawk will have a snake in it's claws, the snake will wrap around my lower arm attempting to devour a frog thats tongue will be out about to snatch up a fly on my wrist.

"Oms noms noms" Would be the title of that. I'd probably go more specific when the time came but that's what I have so far. I wish I could just give the idea to someone with more balls so they could do it! More and more I see older people with tattoos they got long ago and you honestly can't even tell what they are... so that is another thing that scares me. I may be a freak but I have seen some really beautiful work done and to think that one day it would turn into a mushy blotch is depressing! So I probably won't ever get one... D:
    Oh, needles are very scary. I haven't really thought about that. I guess that's something to think about before getting a tattoo. As well as how it will look when you age.

By the way, Schizo, "Oms noms noms" sounds awesome.

Still no tats for me. No piercings either. ^^

- hangouts -