Login to your account

Thread: Suggestion: Sort locations

Suggestion: Sort locations

I was just wondering... is it possible to change the order of the locations in a FF-RPG? there's no feature like that currently. I'm not sure how many people will feel they have an use for it though...

I have an RPG and then I decide to add a new location. However the location lands at the lowest spot in the current list. As I wanted to have that location farther up I had to delete all locations and re-add them. Thankfully there wasn't any post in those locations but it would have been simpler to just change the order.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

At the moment there's not a way to quickly reorder them, though it's becoming clear that it's a feature a lot of users would be able to use. ^^;

For now, you can make a "temporary" location (I generally call mine "holding pen") and move all locations to it and then move the locations out of the temporary holding pen in the new order you want. That should leave you with the temporary location at top and empty at the end of it. Then you just delete the temporary location. ^^
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I second wanting this feature. I don't have the patience to shuffle cards! So shuffling locations... yeah, so not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    At the moment there's not a way to quickly reorder them, though it's becoming clear that it's a feature a lot of users would be able to use. ^^;

For now, you can make a "temporary" location (I generally call mine "holding pen") and move all locations to it and then move the locations out of the temporary holding pen in the new order you want. That should leave you with the temporary location at top and empty at the end of it. Then you just delete the temporary location. ^^
    OK thanks. I'll do that if needed until a new feature is released.
    Zone District

hello,

places are now listed alphabetically in the game world and game log tabs;

if you are the game owner, you'll be able to set the display order of each place; the display order value (default: 1) allows you to order the places numerically;

in the game world tab, the display order values are shown on the right end side of each place; to save any changes, click on the "Save Display Order" button at the bottom;

you can also set/change the display order value in the place profile page when adding/editing a place;

same-group/level places that have the same display order value will still be ordered alphabetically;

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

additionally...

in the game world tab page navigation, non-game owners will see a small label indicating the number of invisible-locked places;

hopefully this will address the confusion wherein, for example, they only see 10 places listed when the page nav says there are 15 for that page;
    Last edited by RedAxle; 08-30-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    will code for cofee

Yay! Thanks alxjvr!
    Zone District

*worships* THANK YOU!