Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Pet Peeves

We all have them, so let's share 'm! Feel free to add more later as you think of them. Here's my list!
    Drivers who don't use a turn signal.
    People who don't wash out paint brushes all the way.
    People who drink directly out of the milk container.
    "Kissing" or "sucking" teeth to get food out.
    When you genuinely ask someone what's wrong (when there is obviously something wrong) and they respond with "nothing."
    Guys who leave the toilet seat up.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

OMG! I found a website with pet peeves.
    Some of these are great (I stole some of mine from this list).
    http://www.getannoyed.com/
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-23-2011 at 03:58 PM.

All legit peeves. Especially the boobs who dont use their signals. I want to punch them in the head!

My main three are simple but truthful;
    First: being asked and having to say something three times. Ill eat ur face if u do this to me!
    Two: ppl who say they cant all the time. Shuddup and try it u fool!
    Three: ppl drowning themselves in rank perfume or body spray! One or two squirts is all u need not the entire bottle
    Updates Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by AceofMana View Post
    Three: ppl drowning themselves in rank perfume or body spray! One or two squirts is all u need not the entire bottle
    College men do this all the time! My hallway freshmen year stunk. I nearly died every time I walked out of my room.

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    College men do this all the time! My hallway freshmen year stunk. I nearly died every time I walked out of my room.
    I hate when ppl do this, it isnt helping them smell better! i just want to hang them outside in front of a giant fan!
    Updates Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by AceofMana View Post
    I hate when ppl do this, it isnt helping them smell better! i just want to hang them outside in front of a giant fan!
    If this were Facebook, I'd have just "liked" that response. XD

- hangouts -

ah ha, oh the simple enjoyment of the like button fb gives us
    Updates Mondays

Why doesn't it exist everywhere?! O_O I wonder if the dictionary has another definition for the word like where it means the act of "liking" something on Facebook. XD That would be terrible.

- hangouts -

The site going down.

That's a legitimate pet peeve. Heck, Mark Zuckerberg knows the effects of a site facing these problems.

When something huge happens and ALL of Facebook and Twitter lights up with the same freaking posts! Like seriously, I don't care if you felt the earthquake or not. Stop spamming my feed. XD

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    When something huge happens and ALL of Facebook and Twitter lights up with the same freaking posts! Like seriously, I don't care if you felt the earthquake or not. Stop spamming my feed. XD
    So how many states felt that? Or was it just a good chunk of new england? Same thing is going on my facebook. I didn't post about it because it wasn't that big of a deal really... I'd call it a babyrumble.

My pet peeves~

Ripping things out of my hand.
    Faking problems for attention.
    People who have a compulsion to lie. It's obvious and rather annoying. But oddly enough I tend to humor those people, instead of calling them out... since they must be doing it for a reason. So I guess I do sympathize with those who do this, but because I've had so many friends who've done this it really does get old fast.
    When I'm cleaning, and someone makes a mess and leaves it there for me. :c
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    When I'm cleaning, and someone makes a mess and leaves it there for me. :c
    OMG! I hate it when people do that. If they ask, then I'll do it. If they assume, I go around their mess. XD

- hangouts -

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    I hate that turn signal thing, too. Or when someone slows down to turn and someone behind them is impatient and decides to go off the road to go around. Rude drivers in general are annoying.

Here are my main ones. I'll try to keep it to only a few.

~ People who leave cupboards open and don't clean up after themselves.
    ~ People who curse or smoke around children.
    ~ People who don't show any respect to those in authority.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

I have so many.

With the signal thing, it annoys me even more when people use their signal only once they're already cutting in front of you. The point is to WARN people!

People who clean WAY too much so they look good to others, not because they're actually neat.

Tailgaters. I'm one of those people who makes a point of keeping my distance from the car in front of me. Nothing is more stressful than a car right on my ass.

People who talk really loud and non-stop. Have one of these in my office...

I share the perfume pet peeve, though I probably have a lower tolerance than you do.

I also share the "faking problems for attention" one, but not just that. I have a hard time sympathizing with people who are overly dramatic/overstate their problems/feel sorry for themselves/etc. Don't get me wrong, everyone deals with shit and just needs to vent. But when you're posting whiny facebook messages every day about the dark pit that is your life...you are just looking for attention. I have a friend that does this and I just ignore him when he does it. My last boyfriend did this constantly (as did the one before him) and it inevitably lead to my breaking up with him. Whining on internet forums about stuff that would be really serious if it were true/not exaggerated is the worst.

People who form opinions without knowing the first thing about the thing...

Some RP pet peeves:

Usual Mary Sue stuff. Oh my name is Japanese-sounding for no apparent reason, oh I'm a cardboard cut-out, oh all of my flaws are so endearing...

People who declare themselves to be great RPers/writers and then you look and their characters are cardboard cutouts and their writing is just filled space. I remember this post on Gaia... "I am an amazing RPer, trust me on this one." NEVER AGAIN

Perfect, successful romances 100% of the time.

I'm an easily annoyed person, I guess. XD
    Last edited by Eden; 08-25-2011 at 02:30 AM.

People who do not merge at the BLOODY SPEED LIMIT. IT SAYS 80Km, GO FUCKING 80 NOT 60.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

People who stand there at work and stare at me while I load their shit into their dinky ass car. Worse is when whole families do it. Worse yet is when men do it. I just generally hate the women who do it, I mean serious I can lift it so can you lady.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

People who constantly tell me what to do as if I do not know. I hate it when my boss does it, makes me want to not do my job just because they harp on me and for no good reason either.

People who look through nostalgia goggles and use that as their basis for judgement
    People who say Digimon ripped off Pokemon
    Restaurants that think it's okay to just scrape off cheese or mayonnaise when they screw up your order, ESPECIALLY KNOWING THAT I'M MILDLY ALLERGIC TO CHEESE AND I THINK MAYO IS DISGUSTING. This pisses me off so much. Just last week I go to this Mexican food restaurant and order a burrito with beef and beans only. so they bring it back with the sauce and cheese on the outside. so I send it back even though I made clear what I wanted and you know, cheese. allergic. so what do they do? DUMP MORE SAUCE ON TO COVER UP THE CHEESE. I didn't realize it until I was halfway done and started feeling ill that they pulled off that shady BS
    People that charge at least double retail value of something

Oh wow, these are all great! So far I've agreed with everyone one of these peeves. I also have a new one to add since it happened to me today while driving...

People who don't move over a lane when you're trying to merge especially WHEN THE OTHER LANE IS CLEAR. OMG, it pissed me off. I had hit 55 and this row of cars decided to stay in the merging lane so I couldn't get onto the express way. There were TWO LANES that were incompletely open. WTF people, WTF! I had to drop down to 30 and kinda creep onto the express way to get honked at by some drivers. I was like, "DUDE, DON'T START THIS SHIT! It's not MY fault people aren't polite."

Ugh. People like that piss me off. Like, seriously, haven't you people ever heard of being polite on the road? I always move into another lane (when possible) so people don't feel rushed or pressured to hop onto the express way.

End angry rant. >>

- hangouts -

This pisses me off so much. Just last week I go to this Mexican food restaurant and order a burrito with beef and beans only. so they bring it back with the sauce and cheese on the outside. so I send it back even though I made clear what I wanted and you know, cheese. allergic. so what do they do? DUMP MORE SAUCE ON TO COVER UP THE CHEESE. I didn't realize it until I was halfway done and started feeling ill that they pulled off that shady BS
    They did that? O.o That's horrible! What if you were seriously allergic and went into shock? Or worse?

I can't think of any pet peeves of mine...
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

People who don't wear seat belts. It's the law, BUCKLE UP! XD

- hangouts -

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    Women who use their period as an excuse to be mean all the time.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

I can be a fairly tolerant person and I tend to forgive and forget the stupid things people do pretty easily but there is at least ONE thing that is guaranteed to make me mad.

People who use EBT (Food stamp cards) to buy ONLY junk food........ It's not that I don't believe everyone deserves ice cream and stuff once in a while, but when they pull out a roll of twenties to pay for their cigarettes too? Then I get REALLY pissed. (It's one of the reason why certain retail businesses and I have parted ways.)

I got one. People that talk behind my back about me. I hate that.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    I got one. People that talk behind my back about me. I hate that.
    Ugh, yeah, same here.

Also, people who get their knickers in a bunch over other people's lives.

Also sand. Sand is the manifestation of evil. >:[

removed
    Last edited by Strude; 03-20-2012 at 09:01 PM.

People who continuously pester me about posting. Seriously, people. The more you ask, the less I want to post. I will post when I get a chance to post. Until then, hold your horses and wait your turn. If it's too much to ask, DON'T ROLEPLAY WITH ME.

Sheesh....

- hangouts -

People who are so full of themselves but are absolutely and utterly blind to it.

I think it's hilarious that some people still think it's okay to be rude, inconsiderate, and selfish. But it's funnier still when the same self-serving people act like those character flaws are compliments.

But, to be honest, I'm all laughed out. It's tiring to put up with this kind of negativity and idiocy. :/

Oooh.

Pet peeves:
    When people barge on my room without knocking.
    When people touch and use my things without permission.

When people magically decide that you're not cool enough to talk to anymore because of one little comment you made. It's annoying. You would, honestly, ruin a nice relationship because of one comment that wasn't even a bad comment? Idk, it's stupid. It just makes me think that there was nothing there at all and everything was just a big lie.

- hangouts -