Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we plz get a few good non adult RPs please?

It's not about multitasking. It's about making the one game way more complicated and fractured than it needs to be. Some people just don't want to do it, it's more effort than it's worth (it's worth, generally, nothing).

I think it depends entirely on a combination of the game premise, style of play, and the players/GM. It also depends on whether or not you're willing to let one version of the game go along at an entirely different pace or doing entirely different things from the other version.

I did start out my Isle of Poseidon game as two versions - Honeydale for general audiences and Shadow Grove for mature audiences. I realized that I believe all the players I've heard back from so far seem to be interested in playing in the mature audiences version of the game and since I've never run it before, I might want to stick to just one version of the game until I'm more comfortable with the "concepts" of the world. So right now, Honeydale is closed to new players unless I get several people who only want to play in Honeydale. Otherwise, it may be deleted so that there's only one Isle of Poseidon game.

I'm pretty used to running simultaneous versions of games. My original roleplaying group had a thing about pausing the regular storyline and doing an AU for a few weeks and running side plots, or even roleplaying AU versions of storylines in one room while playing regular storyline in another. My best friend and I regularly cycle through various AU incarnations of our characters until we get 'stuck' in the storyline or to run something we're currently very inspired by. So it can be done, it's just easier with games that are more contained or where the storylines are obviously meant to go in different directions.

In any case, it's really up to the GM whether or not they want to run it and the players whether or not they want to join it.

It's also not something that you may always know for sure whether or not you're up for until you've done it. I've known some players who refused to play in AUs because they didn't like having multiple versions of a character. And I've known players who were happy to play AUs, but never seemed to be willing to change them based on what happened in the game. They were exactly the same whether they were a cowboy or a superhero or a knight and they insisted on having the exact same relationships.

But I'm rambling now.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin