Login to your account

Thread: Is this a bug or am I seeing things I shouldn't?

Is this a bug or am I seeing things I shouldn't?

I run into some kind of bug (I think) where a RPG (Take My Land, Take My Love) kept jumping up on New Posts. No matter where I clicked I could not see what the new reply was. Then I discovered I could click on replies. This took me to a search window where users and post count showed up. By clicking on the post count I could see extract (about 1 line) of the post of one player (at a time) in a thread form.

Is this a bug or did I see some kind of hidden location?

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Oh btw the RPG still jumps up on New Posts and I can't make it go away even though I clicked on replies.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Mark all forums as read finally took away the bugged (or not) entry in New Posts.
    Last edited by Brook V; 08-20-2011 at 12:09 AM.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're seeing? Could you screenshot it for me, please?
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Hey there, I know whats going on. I made an invisible locked room for me and a friend to practice in the world a little. It doesn't count for the roleplay which is why I made it invisible. There's nothing secret going on lol, but it will tell you the post count without telling you the posts. No glitch, invisible rooms just work oddly it seems. Sorry about the confusion.

Nicole, I suggest making it visible locked so people know that is were posting is happening but can't see what is being posted unless they have a key and don't think its a glitch or that they are going crazy. But that is just me... could make a note in the overview of the invisible board being role played on.

Just a suggestion is all.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

@Maneki I should have screen shot it when I could. :/ I can't recreate it now.

I think a91nicole explained what was going on though.
    This is what I did:
    1. I clicked on New Posts and the roleplay Take My Land, Take My Love showed up.
    2. I clicked on the RPG and got to the usual thread, however only one post showed up.
    3. I returned to New Posts and the RPG still showed up.
    4. By clicking on the url link Replies I came to a search window where users and post count showed up.
    5. By clicking on post count I could see another search window in which extracts from the hidden posts showed up.

I could try to recreate it for another roleplay.
    Zone District

Ah - I see.

Yes, that would be confusing for people who wouldn't be able to see the new posts. I'm not sure if that's something that would be an easy fix, but until then, it's up to the game host if they want to continue with the invisible+locked locations. ^^
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

It's not a big issue really, just confusing. You just see parts of a line or two so the content is still secret. I guess you could just take away the url link if it need fixing?
    Zone District

Thinking about it, removing the link wouldn't fix the issue where it comes up in New Posts although you have read what you can.

I encountered the problem in Ardent. I could add the screen shot for you to see if you'd like?
    Zone District

Sure - a screenshot wouldn't hurt at all. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin