Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [LIFESTYLE] Cosplay Corner

[LIFESTYLE] Cosplay Corner

So I realized there are a handful of people here who are cosplayers. I was hoping those of us who cosplay would be willing to show off said cosplays and explain why you decided to do that cosplay. I always love looking at the characters and outfits (I need inspiration for my future cosplays).

Oh, be sure to tell us where you debuted the outfit and what your future looks are.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 11-18-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Kari from Digimon Adventure 02 + AniBash 2011
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...82-d462x7u.jpg
    This was actually a request. I also needed a simple, last minute outfit. Kari was the best choice for an outfit that needed to be made in about a day. I would like to work on getting better shorts, but, for that day, they worked perfectly.

Houndoom from Pokemon + Tora-Con 2011

My best friend was going as an Arcanine and asked if I would be willing to be a Houndoom. This outfit was done in three days and it's not the best. Mom and I worked on it frantically and this was the end result. It didn't turn out THAT bad, but it could have been better. Anyway, the other two in the picture - the guy I like and my little cousin (a Poochyena).

Prussia from Axis Powers Hetalia + AniBash 2010 and Tora-Con 2010

A group of my friends were going as Hetalia characters and they wanted me to join them. I was selected to be Prussia (no ands, buts, or ors). I actually loved being this character. So many people loved me, too. I was told I was the "most awesome Prussia ever." It totally made my day.

Larxene from Kingdom Hearts + Tora-Con 2009
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3265/178/26/635082243/n635082243_2478548_696406.jpg
    The Xemnas next to me wanted a member from the organization to be on the chess board with her. So we ended up doing a chess match dressed as these two. I lost to Roy Mustang. D:

+ + + + +

I hope to cosplay as... Lightning from FFXIII and Quorra for this up and coming year. I also want to redo Kari and maybe even work on Matt from Digimon Season 01.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-21-2011 at 07:47 PM.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Keep this thread active or remind me to post again when I get home. :3 I do have photos of me dressed as Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Mai from King of Fighters. :3 But anyone in a hurry could go to the igotsuperpowers.com Facebook and look at the photos from Avcon 2011. xD

It's the only "proper" cosplay I've done, though. xD So I don't have anything I can just quickly link anyone to.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

That's fine. I think my links are broken anyway so at some point I'll need to fix them. Stupid work computer. >< It always breaks things. DX

- hangouts -

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Done Cosplays:
    Haruhi in a Girl's Uniform/Ouran High School Host Club: San Japan 4tw

Future Cosplays:
    Haruhi in the Boy's Uniform/Ouran High School Host Club: N/A
    Patty/ Soul Eater: N/A
    Alois Trancy/ Black Butler: N/A
    Riza Hawkeye/ Full Metal Alchemist: N/A

I'm in a group with some of my friends and we try to do as many cosplays as possible. ^w^ I really like Host Club and I've been told that I look a little bit like Haruhi... So I cosplay as her. And then Soul Eater because my friend Sammus loves it so much that he threatened to kill us if we didn't do the Soul Eater cosplay. ._. And then FMA because my friend Tryston is going as Ed and she's going all out so I'm going to have to aid her and stuff. And she's also doing Ciel with me in my Alois. I needed a Ciel otherwise I'd just be a a clingy white girl trying to be a guy who likes other guys. ^w^ Hehe.

I've never cosplayed but I think it would be really fun too! I just never know what I could pull off. I'm also not very good at sewing... ^_^' which makes me an embarrassment as a woman. I'm just so tall and I'm not super curvey, I'd probably end up dressing up as boy characters. The only girl I think I could pull off would probably be Nana Osaki because... it wouldn't involve much effort. xD I also heard it can be quite an expensive hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    But anyone in a hurry could go to the igotsuperpowers.com Facebook and look at the photos from Avcon 2011. xD
    Oh my gosh. I love it. How much fun was that?!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    I've never cosplayed but I think it would be really fun too! I just never know what I could pull off. I'm also not very good at sewing... ^_^' which makes me an embarrassment as a woman. I'm just so tall and I'm not super curvey, I'd probably end up dressing up as boy characters. The only girl I think I could pull off would probably be Nana Osaki because... it wouldn't involve much effort. xD I also heard it can be quite an expensive hobby!
    It's okay, I can't sew either. D: All my outsides (expect the Houndoom) were made by my Grandmother. I also like cosplaying as male characters because... well, I feel like if I play a woman and I don't look as good as her then no one will like me. I'm very self conscious. ^^;

- hangouts -

How are you self conscious?! You introduced yourself as awesome!

I'm the same way... and I can't play feminine very well anyway. I mean... sure, I kind of am.. but for the most part I've always been "one of the guys" and I think I'm better at wooing women than most of the guys I know. xD

I've always secretly wanted to cosplay as Mamimi from FLCL, because oddly enough I like her more than Haruko and she was like the first anime girl I ever saw that wasn't in pokemon.

How are you self conscious?! You introduced yourself as awesome!

I'm the same way... and I can't play feminine very well anyway. I mean... sure, I kind of am.. but for the most part I've always been "one of the guys" and I think I'm better at wooing women than most of the guys I know. xD
    Ha ha. I am awesome, but I love to put myself down and I can never see why I'm awesome. Everyone says I am, but I don't feel it half the time. :\

I'm "one of the guys" too. I have guys that come to me when they need help getting a woman and I have better luck getting girls to ask me out [not that I swing that way, but it always looks bad when a girls want you over men ]. Besides, I have a more masculine look. Yeah, I have boobs, but from the backside I'm told I don't always look female. I have man shoulders. D:

- hangouts -

Oh my gosh. I love it. How much fun was that?!
    Hahaha. xD Yeah - it was fantastic amounts of fun. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    Ha ha. I am awesome, but I love to put myself down and I can never see why I'm awesome. Everyone says I am, but I don't feel it half the time. :\

I'm "one of the guys" too. I have guys that come to me when they need help getting a woman and I have better luck getting girls to ask me out [not that I swing that way, but it always looks bad when a girls want you over men ]. Besides, I have a more masculine look. Yeah, I have boobs, but from the backside I'm told I don't always look female. I have man shoulders. D:
    Well, knock it off! You are too great to do that, there is no point! And from all the pictures you've shown you don't seem manly at all and definitely don't have man-shoulders. Silly!

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    Hahaha. xD Yeah - it was fantastic amounts of fun. xD
    I have lots of friends who cosplay and go to big cons, it sounds like an experience maybe one day I will join in on. You must of had a bunch of guys creeping on you that day! >_>'

xD Apparently AvCon isn't really a big one. It's bigger than the smallest one I've been to (Momocon), but smaller than the major conventions I've attended before (San Diego Comicon, Anime-Expo and Dragon*Con), so it seemed like a nice medium sized con to me. But I didn't really head out to see the convention. Mostly I stayed at the artist alley table we were sharing or not far off from it (when photographers asked me to go stand somewhere else for a photo).

And I had a little bit of perving the day I dressed up as Mai (not much I noticed, but I was told that I did - my friends and I were running a "Perv" tally and "Douche" tally). But I had a load of perving on the day I was dressed up as Morrigan. Mostly I was able to ignore it and go, "It's not really me, after all. I'm not going to let it bother me because I'm having fun, don't feel as exposed as it seems like I'm exposed to others, and just whatever."

The only bit of perving that bothered me was when this older man (probably in his 70s) asked me to pose for a photo. I do the whole Morrigan pose thing and he gets up close and I'm thinking, Okay, he's a bit closer than I like, but as long as he doesn't touch me, I don't care. And then I realize his head is really close to my chest and so I look down and see him staring with bug eyes down my cleavage and there was a moment I had to choose how to react. I ended up sort of nervous laughing and leaning a bit away and sort of looking around at my friends to make sure I had back-up sort of thing. The old guy never touched me and was obviously just an old perv, so I'd basically decided to ignore him rather than go off on him. After the convention, me in my civvies and us packing things up in the car I hear that at some point when I hadn't been looking, he wasn't just staring down my cleavage - he was making biting motions. That I would have gone off on him for, and was sort of mortified that I didn't know. =_=

Oh well. It's not going to stop me from dressing up in a costume as long as I feel comfortable wearing it.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I wanna be a professional cosplayer that gets sent to conventions for free to advertise different animes...
    I now have a anime club with cute little sixth grade followers who love to cosplay. I guess that's what I get for being the only semi-experienced cosplayer in a middle school. So now, because I have so many people in our group interested in cosplay, not only do I cover Adv. anime art, I now cover a cosplay corner. ^w^
    We have several dances at our school, and some of them allow us to wear our cosplays! So hopefully before Halloween, we'll have at least a cosplay done for everyone! But I'm going as Riza Hawkeye or Miku Hatsune....

She's back, she smells and she knows where you live...

Tank Girl

Tank Girl out of her depth in a strange grey box...

Yes, that is what the cubicle of an irritated scientist looks like. Irritated being only a hop, skip and a jump away from Mad.
    Last edited by Utopia; 09-17-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Well, Lightning didn't happen. Instead, I was Kallen from Code Geass. I was also a Rocket Grunt from Pokemon. XD

- hangouts -

Convention season has made its way to my area! Anime, manga and cosplay is in the air as many of our locals prepare for the annual event of dressing up as fictional characters and prancing about like idiots.

Yup. That's right.

Fangirls are coming to town.

I'm doing Matryoshka Miku from Vocaloid, Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist (I can finally not have to wear a wig with her outfit...), Alois Trancy from Alois in Wonderland, and maaaybe an Amu cosplay from Shugo Chara. I just might sneak in my AppleJack cosplay... But, there will be no promises. Not only will there be those, but an assortment of Gothic Lolita and Steampunk outfits will be pranced about in. There will be pictures as soon as possible (Like, when I scramble to complete a majority of my cosplays and costumes)...

-bashes head on desk- I was going to do a Luka Megurine Magnet cosplay, but my wig started to really mat up. Since it was my first long wig I had to take care of, I failed rather terribly. There was a knot in there as big as my FIST and another as big as a cat's paw. It was rather depressing when I put it out of commission (tossed it in the trash)...

So, here I come San Japan Mach5. Be prepared to make your convention 20% more awesome.

And when this convention is all said and done, I expect pictures. If not here in public, at least him me up with a PM so I can ogle over it all. XD

- hangouts -

I have been known to crossplay, :V
    Additionally, I've been known to just crossdress, not even dress up as a character.
    However, the only two costumes I have up online anywhere (I'll hafta find them) are me as Link and as Felix from Golden Sun.

If you wanna be really depressed, check out the horrid labeling in this HuffPost cosplay article about San Diego ComicCon.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

-dies a little on the inside- Wow. Just wow... That's kinda really depressing.

I wish I could cross-dress... But it really hurts to tape down my boobs and tailoring is a pain in the butt. ._. But I have to for a friend's cosplay- she wants me to crossplay as Sebastian from Black Butler and herself as Ciel Phantomhive. And she has her ways to make me end up in that butler's outfit, kneeling down on one knee saying, "Yes, mi'lord." in his voice. (Thaaaank you, voice lessons!)

Annd pictures will start to be taken next week, after I manage to collect all my supplies. Did I mention that fabric is expensive? ITS VERY DAMN EXPENSIVE. >_<" Even with the discount I got from flirting with the cashier- I mean from the coupon I brought in. Heh heh... And they'll be on my deviant art, after I go through and deem a few worthy of breaking your computer screen.

-pouts- I hate not being able to work on anything right now, even though I have all this free time. All my sewing stuff is out of town and I can't get to it until Sunday. -extra dramatic sigh- But I guess I can just nearly kill myself in the want to just finish everything up in one week! ^(OwO)^ WOOT.

Ohh, I would hate to hafta bind (bind safely kids; an Ace bandage will bruise your ribs and it gets tighter with each breath; you'll be safest with a binder, but doubling up on sports bras is a cheap, safe alternative).
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

For Dragon*Con this year, my son is going to be Batman and i am going to be Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    For Dragon*Con this year, my son is going to be Batman and i am going to be Robin.
    And you will post pictures, yes? Because I really want to see this. I'm sure you two will be one of the best (and most adorable) Batman/Robin cosplayers ever! :3

- hangouts -

Which Robin?

Awww! That would be soooo cute Utopia! ^w^ I wish I could go to Dragon*Con... Too long of a drive for five people in a car.

I. Am. So. Screwed.
    Just entered myself into the cosplay contest for San Japan...

So I went as a pirate to the pirate themed weekend at the Renaissance Festival near me and omg, Captain Jack Sparrow! XD

He was hilarious and amazing. Just like Jack.

- hangouts -

That JACK.
    I think that's the one that was at my Ren Fest...

He's so... special. XD

- hangouts -

Yup.
    Special.

GAAAAAAH. I hate looking for stripped leggings! I never know if they'll fit me if I order them online and the only other place I can find them is that shady looking specialty store that everyone has at least three in their area. -_____- It pisses me off...

ANYWAY!
    I've added a fem!Germany to my list of cosplays. ^w^ All I need to do is make the necklace and I've got it~ Buahahaha!
    I'm so screwed.

OMG. I wanna be the Prussia to your femGemany! <3

- hangouts -

XD That would be scary. Too much awesome in one place, Xavi.

Finally have a (finished) list of cosplays that are showing up at the convention I'm going to~!
    Riza Hawkeye (FMA)
    Germany (Hetalia)
    Matryoshka Miku(VOCALOID)
    Matryoshka Ruki (male Luka)(VOCALOID)
    Genderbent Judai (YuGiOh not-sure-which-one-cuz-my-girlfriend-is-the-yugioh-nerd)