Login to your account

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: eye protection NOT required in this area

When I think Sci-Fi, I think Cowboys and Aliens, War of the Worlds, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Inception, Transformers, Reel Steel, Avatar, Iron Man, Star Wars, the Matrix. Not sure if that helps, but those movies are where I try to draw the setting from.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

M'kay... I see what you're saying. And I think I can pull of roleplaying in a sci-fi setting, to an extent. So, artist x fan it is?
    í knєw ít wαs lσvє вut í wαs αfrαíd.

ι ѕнoυld нave loved yoυ ѕooner.

Alright, sorry I didn't reply to you sooner, Xavirne. I was out camping. But I'm back now. :3

So, you agreed to my idea? Excellent. Is there other things you want to discuss before we start?

Legendary Adventurer ChiNoMizuumi's Avatar
    In the 11th dimension; because I'm cool like that 8D
    Hello :3
    I've been stalking the forums for a while... ran across this OwO
    I was wondering if you'd like to do a popular troublemaker x clumsy nobody RP with me? ^^
    I don't really have many RPs right now, so I can pretty much post more than 2-3 times a day, if need be...
    Plus, I love how you RP... so many details *flails* <3

Quote Originally Posted by _AnaTolia_ View Post
    M'kay... I see what you're saying. And I think I can pull of roleplaying in a sci-fi setting, to an extent. So, artist x fan it is?
    I usually just pick a movie's setting and go from there. Now, with that being said, where shall our story take place? What year? What setting? What feel?

I apologize for having to ask this as it might have been discussed already, but which role and gender did you want to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Artsy View Post
    Alright, sorry I didn't reply to you sooner, Xavirne. I was out camping. But I'm back now. :3

So, you agreed to my idea? Excellent. Is there other things you want to discuss before we start?
    That's fine. I've been in school so I've ben quite busy myself. :]

Have we picked out a climate for it? Will it be warm or cold? Wet or dry?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiNoMizuumi View Post
    Hello :3
    I've been stalking the forums for a while... ran across this OwO
    I was wondering if you'd like to do a popular troublemaker x clumsy nobody RP with me? ^^
    I don't really have many RPs right now, so I can pretty much post more than 2-3 times a day, if need be...
    Plus, I love how you RP... so many details *flails* <3
    Awww, thanks. :] And I would love to do that one! Do you have a desired gender and role tthat you would like to claim? And what about an idea from the plot? And setting?

I would help, but I recently did a roleplay in this manner so I don't want to offer the same story I offered to the other one. If you can give me some ground ideas, I can take over from there and hash something out.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 12-05-2011 at 01:28 PM.

- hangouts -

Uhmm....
    Lemme try to come up with some kinds of ideas XD...
    As for preference, I don't really care. I would prefer to play the clumsy nobody, but gender isn't an issue for me o.o

let's see... ideas ideas ideas.... ( ̄~ ̄;)

1) Clumsy Nobody is a new kid in town. He/She had moved for a umpteenth time due to his/her parent's busy work life. Now, the Nobody lives alone because his/her parents had to go do business abroad for the year. All the moving around has left the Nobody as an awkward, socially inept child, although his/her intentions are good as he/she tries hard to put some good will out there. However, being a nobody doesn't really leave the kid in a good position -- children are horribly mean little devils, and they tease and torture the Nobody endlessly.
    The Popular Troublemaker is... exactly what he/she is. This kid has been a troublemaker for his/her entire life -- making little pranks and jokes was his/her job, almost. Everybody in the town knows and loves him/her. He/She, however, has an overwhelming intolerance towards those who brandish injustice. He/She strives to make sure justice is served -- hero complex? I think so.
    (^ not so well developed... tried to come up with it on the spot XD.. I don't have anything else at the moment, however...)

I actually really like that! And, because I think it's most realistic, I think the girl should be the clumsy character. You seem to see girls get victimized more than males.

Gah. Having a hard time writing this. Computer is in Safe Mode so everything is twice as big as it needs to be. T.T

- hangouts -

Whaaaa? Safe Mode? XD
    Poor thing ^^';;
    Big font is annoying ._.

anyway. Yeah. I guess you're right. I figured it would be a girl, but I wanted to see your opinion first >.<
    Would you prefer to play a certain role? (´・ω・`)

I'm cool with either. I'm used to being male, so I can definitely play a popular troublemaker.

- hangouts -

Hahaha XD
    Alright alright, so I guess I'll be a female nobody :3 .... lol... ha... that doesn't strike home at ALL XD. (*≧▽≦)

Um... Do you mind making the thread and stuff? I don't know how to use this site at all....
    I promise, I'm a better RPer than I am at using WTFRPG 。◕‿◕。

Sure thing! I can make us a thread. But first, which type? Full-feature (like how the Tavern is setup) or a thread-based thing like how we've been writing in this thread?

- hangouts -

Uhh.... I think a normal thread-based thing would be better for something like this.... Unless you have an objection to that XD

Sounds like a plan. I shall link it to you once I make it.

- hangouts -

Awesome! I can't wait~
    I've been itching to RP all day, but my current RPs are not too active.. >w<

What other sci-fi movies do you know other than the movies that you mentioned? And it would be uberly awesome of you to let me play the female part. I'm not too skilled with males, but they come off as rather girlish, to me. I can play small male roles. But when I think of sci-fi, now that I think about it, I think about the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield. Have you read those books?

And, I just want to know which role you wanna pick.

I don't read... At all. ^^; So if you want to do that setting, you would have to explain it to me.

Also, you can play female. I don't mind being male. :]

- hangouts -

M'kay. Uglies is set in this futuristic, dystopian city. There is this surgery that would make you turn 'pretty' when you turn 16. Before the surgery, humans just looked like ordinary humans. They thought like ordinary humans (doubts, fears, dreams, etc.). Pretty people have this little microchip in their brain, which is part of the surgery, that would make them think 'bubbly' thoughts. They don't necessarily have any fears or dreams anymore. They don't think about how the government is overpowering them all. They just have nonstop parties. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ugl...e_Architecture= for setting of Prettytown)

The pretties and the uglies (normal-looking people) are separated by this bridge. The bridge is monitored at all times, but there are ways to bypass the security. The uglies have hoverboards; the pretties don't have these. All people have holographic bedrooms and houses. The cities other than this city have their own rules and whatnot. So we can make up our own cities from there.

There are some (very few) people who look pretty but don't have the mind of a pretty. These few have managed to override the microchip in their brains. So, anything else you wanna know? I think I might not have explained a lot but this is what I can tell you without giving too much away. ^_^

Could I be the fan then? If we're going after this setting, we should decide if our characters are uglies or pretties.

I think mine should be a "brain-washed" pretty and yours could be a pretty that "overrode" the program to be brain-washed. She could try to "save him" or something. Or help him see the light? Idk if that would even work with this idea so you'd have to tell me.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I wanna use this guy in a roleplay.
    Anyone wanna do a spy story with me?

Sounds great! ^_^ so far, we've only come up with a setting and a plot (to an extent). What happens after the fan saves him? Because a number of things could happen.

And do we have to put up a character profile?

I say we run with it. Sometimes planning that far ahead ruins the storyline, but that's just me.

I'll probably include his name and picture in the post, but other than that, no. I mean, unless you want one.

- hangouts -

Alright. Improvising it is. ^_^
    A picture and a name is fine. We don't need to have character profiles. I was just asking if you wanted one. So, do you want to roleplay in the forums or in the Roleplay Tab?

I would prefer the forums, but I could do either.

- hangouts -

A'ight. So, do you want to me to make the first post?

If you'd like to, you can.

- hangouts -

I WANT TO RP WITH YOU!!!!!!!! Ryota says so

Quote Originally Posted by Ameika View Post
    I WANT TO RP WITH YOU!!!!!!!! Ryota says so
    Okay. What will it be about?

- hangouts -

i don't know but ummmm >.>" i started an rp it may be a nock off of a movie and possibly a tv show but i wantted to do it and stuff so feel free to join the Grimm Tales
    Last edited by Ameika; 12-17-2011 at 01:15 AM.

M'kay. I'll set up the thread and I'll let you know! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ameika View Post
    i don't know but ummmm >.>" i started an rp it may be a nock off of a movie and possibly a tv show but i wantted to do it and stuff so feel free to join the Grimm Tales
    Just watched that show yesterday. Looked awesome. Though idk if I should join group roleplays anymore. I get the feeling that people hate my fluctuating posting habits, how I can be on 24/7 one week but then the next six I'm nowhere to be found. :/

- hangouts -

but i wants you too..... *pouts* and alot of people love rping with you 8.8 and not like anyone wants to join it......