Login to your account

Thread: eye protection NOT required in this area

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Overview

Introduction

It's been about 247 years since the bombs were dropped. The planet that we once knew and loved was... destroyed. A crumbling civilization fought to survive, but it soon became evident that survival was no longer possible for those that weren't living in the underground world known as Pandora. Those who were able to escape the blasts are probably the only ones alive. There are rumors that people on the topside, those that weren't locked away in a vault, have started to undergo a gruesome change. Can you say... radiation poisoning? It has, without a doubt, altered the DNA structure within the human core. People are no longer people. Anyone who didn't seek refuge within an atomic structure or vault is fucked. They are no longer human. They want you. They want your flesh. Your blood. Your brains.

Leaving? Tch, are you stupid? Death is the only thing that awaits you. Your only choice is to stay where you are.

Venturing outside, are we? You're fucked. No, worse than fucked. You're dead. No one can live out there. No one. Or at least, that's what the authorities are trying to brainwash you into believing....

Rules

I don't give a fuck if you...
    Die.
    Bleed.
    Get your leg cut off.
    Flail around without a head for a bit.
    Get blown into a million pieces.
    Or get eaten by a motherfucking ghoul.

Get the point?
    This game isn't going to be pretty. Swearing is a must. Gore is a must. Bleeding has to happen. You cannot win every battle. In fact, if you lose more than you win, that's a good thing. You cannot god-mod your way through things. There is no reset button and there sure as hell isn't a "TGM" (God Mod) code. If you get your arm ripped off, you get your fucking arm ripped off. Cry about it. See if I care. I might just blow a hole in your goddamn mind.

Let me state something, okay?
    In character brutality is fine. Out of character stuff? Not okay. In the game, you're trying to survive. Out of the game, we're all pals, okay? If you can't play nice with us, I will kick your ass out of this roleplay. Got it?

There are some other things you need to know, punk.
    You have to follow the S.P.E.C.I.A.L., SKILLS, and PERKS systems setup in Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3.
    You are limited to 40 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points were are to be divided between those seven options.
    You can only pick 10 SKILLS that will be unique to your character. Pick wisely.
    You can only have 15 PERKS for your character. Do some research, okay?

Check back here FREQUENTLY....
    These rules will probably be updated. So keep up or prepare to get booted.

Background

The shit you need to know....
    To be honest, you don't need to know anything about the series to play. In fact, it might make things... fun. However, if you want to brush up on your skills and such, I recommend that you Google Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. Just remember, this story is set in Texas, USA. More specifically, it'll be around the Dallas area. I, for one, am not from the area, so I plan on getting myself nice and lost. But, don't you worry, there will be NPC Guides that will assist you (if you're lucky).

But seriously, this is a survival game. Just know how to wield a gun and you'll do fine. Well, if you're lucky that is....

The other bullshit that needs discussing....
    It is safe to say that you will need to reference the links in "The Rules" section when you're creating a character. You will also need to check the weapons and armorsection out, too. Ammunition is going to be up to you. Don't have a MILLION shotgun shells, but don't always have one round left. It's up to you to determine how much you have. With regards to items, those will be given to you when stumbled upon. Let's say you open a DESK. If I, the GM, decide you're going to find some delicious Nuka-Cola, I will make a little notice telling you so.

As you are probably guessing, you will be heavily reliant on me. So you can't get TOO far in your posts. That doesn't mean one-liners are acceptable. It just means that you can't do a ton of actions in one post. For example, you can't enter a building, rummage through stuff, and then leave. If you do that, you'll find nothing. You can, however, open a door and go into the main room. You can notice a terminal and approach it and attempt to hack in. While you're hacking away, you notice a desk. You wonder if luck is on your side. You'll have to check that out after you see if you can get this terminal to spill some dirt on the missing doc.

Characters

Let's make them interesting, okay people...?
    I don't want to see some boring characters. We don't all have to be human, either. Some ghouls would be interesting. But, seriously, you cannot have a perfect life UNLESS you were born in Pandora (the Vault Underworld).

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-07-2014 at 11:05 PM.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369