Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamers addictions! Spread the word

Gamers addictions! Spread the word

Might as well chat and live it up. I have just recently got back into playing WoW (i know, its a damn addiction) and i was figuring, lets spread the fun. What is your gamers addiction?

WoW is certainly the worst for pc games for myself, but otherwise i am playing my hearts content Smash Bro Brawl! Games!
    Updates Mondays

I like this thread!

Well, I used to partake in plenty of WoW eaten hours but then a series of events made me stop playing after Cata. These days I go through phases of extreme obsession and then the next moment I completely drop it. Like it was Pokemon Black and for some horrible reason I started collecting the cards again (I like to tell everyone that it was because my brother finally came of age and became interested in Pokemon, but it was probably just because I wanted me some figurines.) but now it's this Xbox game Catherine I've been trying to get all the achievements for....

I do have to admit, nothing is more addicting than WoW though... I mean I would wake up, get online and then stay online all day.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    I like this thread!

Well, I used to partake in plenty of WoW eaten hours but then a series of events made me stop playing after Cata. These days I go through phases of extreme obsession and then the next moment I completely drop it. Like it was Pokemon Black and for some horrible reason I started collecting the cards again (I like to tell everyone that it was because my brother finally came of age and became interested in Pokemon, but it was probably just because I wanted me some figurines.) but now it's this Xbox game Catherine I've been trying to get all the achievements for....

I do have to admit, nothing is more addicting than WoW though... I mean I would wake up, get online and then stay online all day.

man i know what you mean. I usually go in six month spurts of WoW. Ill ignore it for six months and then play for three.

And pokemon oh thats just perfect. I am stilling playing my pkmn black version but honestly no pkmn game has caught my attention like Soul Silver and Regular Silver. Those were always my fave games. Otherwise i usually play pkmn, finish it and leave it.

I dont have an xbox, so i havent ever played any games on there. But i all the nintendo consoles and PS2. Though the nintendos are my hubbers and i enjoy my PS2 because well... lol they have Devil May Cry and Jak series.
    Updates Mondays

The only current system that I don't have is a PS3. I have kept every system I've ever had for the sake of one day showing my kids games that may not be around for them! You have no idea, I was/sort of still am a Nintendo Girl at heart, just because they've always had so many fun titles, and I don't want to be serious about gaming 24/7 and they do a good job with feeding me endless and addicting titles. I didn't get an Xbox for the longest time because I always saw it as intimidating, but then Resident Evil 5 came out and I just HAD to get one.

Fact: The PS2 is one of the most used systems I know. Almost everyone had/has one and there are soooo many games for it!

Having played the demo, I can say with near certainty that Guild Wars 2 will soon be my obsession. Currently, I take a fancy to NWN2, L4D, and Sims 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Having played the demo, I can say with near certainty that Guild Wars 2 will soon be my obsession. Currently, I take a fancy to NWN2, L4D, and Sims 3.
    Mannnnnnn Guild Wars 2 looks so amazing, i have been wanting to give'r a try but just havent honestly done so. L4d i have never played but have watched my brother in law play it enough that i still have no drive for it. Mainly zombies, hate zombies. Especially them witches and tanks... bastards
    Updates Mondays

Haha, I used to be a top server WoW player myself. > w < I can relate to the addiction, I was so into and I worked to fucking hard at that game. Rocked my server as one of the top 5 shamans, #1 best geared, and holy damn was I a popular mother fucker! XD

I don't have any PC additions at the moment . . . sort of jump between games: Rush, Crayon Physics (this game is amazing fun, best if you have a tablet, freaking LOVE IT!), Spiral Knights, MW2 (MW3 come Nov. and that will likely be my addition next to AC:Revelations), Starcraft II, ACII/AC:Brohood, Portal 2, Audiosurf (*really wish I knew more people who played this so I could beat their scores on songs! >D),

I think my new addiction is going to be Starcraft II, caved and bought it today! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    I think my new addiction is going to be Starcraft II, caved and bought it today! XD
    Ive only heard good things about the game, though i have never played it. My brother in law has and well, i dont hear much of him now a days lol!
    Updates Mondays

I have From Dust reserved and am so excited. :3 But I am most excited for The Last Guardian.

I really loved that trailer . . . > w <

Wow... now that seriously looks awesome. I think my eyes been to be fog shined after the steam from that trailer, wow!
    Updates Mondays

Someone explain The Last Guardian to me! I've seen the trailer before in the past... I think when I was watching G4 but what exactly... is the gameplay like?

It's hard to explain Schiz, I think the wiki article might have helped. If you've ever played ICO, I think it plays like a mix between ICO and a pet game. xD

It's sort of an adventuring game but it goes really in depth as far as interacting with a companion, which is something ICO and SotC did but not very deeply. So the Guardian acts like an animal and you have to earn its trust and sort of try to encourage it to help you out, but it's unpredictable and...also adorable.

Taking the time to read more about it, it looks very interesting. I for one love games that aren't following the "normal" rules. But to be honest, it looks like it's going to be a difficult game. I think it will do well in suckering me in though...

I imagine it'll take a bit of thinking yeah. SotC is still my favorite game of all time, so I reserved this one yeesh...years ago, soon as it was reservable. I can't wait. 83

You know the difference between Spike and G4? Spike actually doesn't sound like idiots when they cover gaming conventions. And Spike owns Gametrailers so they know games and I respect em for it.

My current gaming addiction isn't actually one game as I have Fallout: New Vegas which is modded and also includes all DLCs that are released. I have Borderlands but also have to restart on that and do most of the quests again. I'm currently addicted with Test Drive Unlimited 2 as I like the feeling of exploration such as games like Far Cry, Just Cause, etc. The cars are nice, I cheat and gain 500 million, and spend it on craploads of housing and cars.

Future gaming addiction: I know for a fact i'll be downloading the new Driver game which is coming out. That'll be fun....i've played Driver before and it's not too bad of a game.

The Sims3 - I can play that for hours. In fact, last year I ended up staying up until 6am playing it. I wandered to the bathroom and was met by a roommate who gave me the "WTF are you doing up this early, you don't have classes today" look. It was then that I realized I totally spent a whole night playing a game.

Final Fantasy XII - This game has over 280 hours put on it and I still... haven't beaten it. >< But I do happen to have a level 99 Vaan. Balthier, Fan, and Ashe are all in the 80s and Basch and Penelo are in the 70s. Oh, and I have most of the espers. So random fun fact, you don't need to be level 99 to win the game (I decided to play out the ending and I kicked serious butttttt! It took me just seconds to win. It was really depressing.). Needless to say, I haven't been able to finish the game. My PS2 has the death. T.T

Pokemon (In General) - I have this habit of... wandering in the tall grass. It look me TWO HOURS to get to the first gym leader. ^^; I love leveling up. No idea why.

Rise of Nations: Gold - Thank god my brother didn't install this one on my computer. I have this nasty habit of playing it for 8 hours straight. I have the whole "conquer the world in one sitting" mindset on whenever I play. It's terrible. I'm super addicted. I can play it a million times and it never gets old.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I have got slightly addicted to Dragon Age 2 and AudioSurf. And a little bit to Age of Mythology.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    I have got slightly addicted to Dragon Age 2 and AudioSurf. And a little bit to Age of Mythology.
    You and I should challenge each other on Audiosurf, beat one another scores! >D

I'm not sure I got your songs though.
    Zone District

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    I'm not sure I got your songs though.
    Send me a list of songs you have the THRONE for and I'll see if I have them and then beat you. I have a good ton of songs and could always get more. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    Send me a list of songs you have the THRONE for and I'll see if I have them and then beat you. I have a good ton of songs and could always get more. XD
    I'm just a beginner. I'm glad when I get about 20 000 points. I'm Casual champion of Justin Timberlake - Sexyback and Caught in The Act - Zoom. Then there's a few more I can't remember.
    Zone District

Oh my god. I'd never seen this trailer before. I want the game even more now...

http://www.jp.playstation.com/movie/...co_tgs2010.asx

NEW ADDITION.

A FTP (free to play) MMO.

Forsaken World.

Someone should come play with me.

I'm currently back to being addicted to: The Sims 3(Modding it like no tomorrow. ), and I just started playing Just Cause 2 while trying to beat Burnout Paradise(I beat it on 360 when it came out and when I played 360 but now i'm beating it on PC...without any cheats or anything.)

all i can say is DAMN!
    Updates Mondays

I have got a new addiction... Uncharted!
    Zone District

Humble Farmer With a Sword balam acab's Avatar

• Uncharted, fuck yeah! Can't wait for number 3!

I can easily say I'm addicted to WoW, Dragon Age, Borderlands,
      Uncharted and Shadow of the Colossus. I have a huge obsession
      and addiction to SotC, I have a tattoo pertaining to it and I also
      play the game every. Day. Of. My. Life. I kid you not.

Currently while not on stream doing stuff with my Minecraft server.

I've been working on installing plugins and getting stuff set up. Such as well...prisons....which still needs me to place cells and warps to different areas plus I need to set up residences(Such as pre-protected areas and my own homes) so that I can get away from mobs when they be wantin to rape everyone even though I should enable em but I won't until i'm finished with plugins and getting things set up.