Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC : Teh Silliness of This Dark Dream OOC: Behind the scenes

After a long day of roleplaying with Leah, Jessica was exhausted. Literally, she felt like she couldn't move anymore. It was an intense session, with lots of planning and plot twists. She went to her bed room in the apartment that she and Leah had been renting for awhile, and undressed into her pajamas. It was only when she was grabbing her book and preparing to go to bed when she noticed that she wasn't alone in the room.

Upon turning around, she found the person to be...
    Last edited by ThyFaerieQueen; 08-13-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Zachariah, sprawled across her bed, fast asleep. And Raphi, staring at her apologetically from where he sat on the floor beside the bed.

"Sorry, Jessi," he whispered. "I tried to tell him that this was the wrong apartment, that we're three doors over, but he was so tired he wouldn't listen to me."

Just then, Leah swanned out of the bathroom, freshly showered and singing at the top of her lungs. Which probably wasn't a good idea considering the price of apartment she was currently inhabiting with Jessi.

"There's such a saaad loooovvveee deep in your--AAUUUGH! MEN!" Looking around wildly, she grabbed a toothpaste tube (that happened to be Jessi's) and hurled it in the direction of the 'men.'

Raphi ducked just in time. Zachariah, dead the world, was not so lucky.

"OW! What the...!" Shooting upright, he glared around, rubbing the side of his head. "Who threw that?!"

Jessi smiled looking at Zachariah sprawled on her bed. He was beautiful, and she loved the boy, so she didn't mind letting him have the bed for the night. "It's ok Raphi I don't mind letting him have my bed for the night. There's always a couch for me in the living-" Poor Jessi didn't get to finish her sentence when Leah came in and used her tooth paste on sleeping beauty.

"LEAH THAT'S MY TOOTHPASTE!! YOU KNOW WE HAVE WRITER'S SALARIES!!" With that she wrestled the toothpaste out of Leah's clutches and cradled it in her breast like a small child. "Poor toothpaste, and poor Zachariah, look at what you've done to him!" For Leah had opened the tube, and there was toothpaste all over his face.

She dropped the toothpaste on her vanity table and grabbed some tissues, wiping Zach's face with them. "I am SO sorry Your Highness, for disturbing you from your rest. We'll deal with it in the morning." She shot a look to Leah.

"You know how he gets when we wake him up from his sleep Leah, he's going to KILL us now!!"

Just then, Megan walked into the room, rubbing her eyelids. "What's going on you guys?" She said. She lived in the apartment across the way, but had access to the apartments of her friends'.

"Nothing dear," Jessi said, trying to stay as calm as possible. "You want to probably go back to bed at this point." She offered a tired smile to the girl, hoping she would leave as soon as possible.
    Last edited by ThyFaerieQueen; 08-13-2011 at 02:15 AM.
    Beautiful are the stars in your eyes and the fruitful tree of your heart.

May I be a peach of your hanging branch?

Zachariah groaned, running a hand messily through his hair. "I told you to stop calling me that off-set--" He broke off with a huge yawn.

Raphi grabbed his arm and began to help him off the bed. "Come on, Zach, let's go before things get even more violent in here..."

"What? You two surprised me, can you blame me?" Leah waved her arms frenetically. "The lights were dimmed, all I could see were two men-shaped figures! You guys could've been robbers!"

She folded her arms and exchanged a death glare with Zachariah, who was still nursing his head. They both turned as Megan came in.

"Hi, Meg... False alarm, it's just Raphi and Zach," Leah sighed in frustration over all the confusion. "Did they wake you up?"

"Did 'they' wake her up?" Zach muttered. "Who's the one screaming and throwing--"

"OKAY I think we'd really better leave now," Raphi spoke up loudly, tugging at Zachariah's arm insistently. Leah's eye was twitching in a manner that he didn't quite like the looks of.

"Leah, you think I would have SCREAMED and let you know that there were robbers in our room. ON MY BED?!?! Jessi glared at Leah. She did this stuff ALL the time, and for as much as she loved the girl, sometimes they just annoyed each other to death. Especially when they were both really tired. Or at least when Jessi was tired. Like on nights like this. Great.

"So yeah, we can blame you Leah." I really was hoping for a quiet evening tonight. Jessi sighed, squishing the bridge of her nose between her forefinger and her thumb, hoping to rid herself of an oncoming headache before it came.

Meg looked around, blinking her eyes and saying dreamily "I was having a lovely dream about Chinese food and orange juice and cats when some off-key singing broke through my dream, along with some screaming. And so I woke up to see if you guys were awake and heard it too." She smiled sleepily.

"It's ok Meg, go back to sleep. It's only Leah. Again." Jessi glared at the girl once again, her eyebrows knitting together.

"Sorry, Jessi..." Leah turned the full force of her puppy-dog eyes onto her friend and fellow RPer. "I was just trying to protect you, you know that."

Zachariah shook his head disgustedly. Raphi coughed, a slight grin on his face.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing..." Raphi stood from where he sat on the floor, as did Zachariah. They both gazed pointedly at Leah, and she slowly flushed.

"Guys, I know I'm short, okay? You don't have to rub it in, geez."

"Ah, sorry, Leah. Guess we just couldn't resist. You know you're cute when you're mad," Raphi told her with a smile.

She flushed even more before marching over to the door and yanking it open, almost hitting Megan with it in the process. "Okay, time for bed, we're all tired, get out, okay? We've got a busy day planned for tomorrow, so we don't need anyone oversleeping!"

"No, we don't," Zachariah said flatly, looking at her on his way out.

"Hey, that was just once! The coffee machine hadn't been delivered yet!" She called after him as he strolled down the hall to the apartment that he shared with Raphi, the pale-haired young man in question following after.

She was about to slam the door, the rethought it and closed it quietly. Turning back to the other two girls, she forced a smile.

"So. I'm tired. Are you two tired? I bet you're tired. I'm off to bed. Night!"

With that, she traipsed over the bed adjacent from Jessi's, flopped down onto it, and turned her back to the room.

"Yeah, yeah yeah," Jessi mumbled, twisting her back so it made a crack. She sighed in relief, and looked at the boys, making an apologetic smile. "I just need to get to bed soon." As the boys made their way out, she waved, relived for them to be gone, once and for all. "Night boys! See you tomorrow!"

Looking at each other, Jessi and Megan hugged, then Megan began walking to her apartment, and probably back to sleep.

"Thank goodness!" With that, Jessi flopped onto the bed, and fell asleep.

End Scene. For now.

"Under your spell again... I can't say no to you..."

Leah rolled over, looking blearily at the CD\radio alarm clock next to her bed.

6:15am.

Sighing loudly, she forced herself to sit up, rubbing her eyes with one hand.

"Hey, Jessi. Jessi, wake up," she mumbled in a barely audible tone. "We've got to be at the set in an hour."

It was rare for her to be the first one up, she mused foggily as she went for the small kitchenette in the apartment. Pouring herself some cereal, she crunched on it as she looked back at Jessi's bed.

"Jessi, get up," she ordered her friend in a much more audible voice before switching on the coffee machine.

Five minutes until true wakefulness, at least for Leah.

"I'magettin'up!" Jessi yelled as she got her upper half up. She twisted and rolled until she heard the little cracks and pops of waking up. A smile of relief came on her face, it felt too good first thing every morning. That was the first ritual. The next was to put the water boiler on for tea. She didn't drink coffee. In fact, she hated it, but she never said anything about it to Leah, because she needed it to wake up in the morning.

She dragged herself to the stove, where the boiler was waiting, along with all her teatime necessities. Putting the stove on, she headed toward the shower, knowing she'd be out in ten minutes. And such was the morning rituals of the two writer's.

Zachariah stretched as he sat up in bed. Yawning into his hand, he threw a pillow in his roommate's general direction.

"Yo, Raph. It's go time in an hour, so get dressed and eat."

"Mmph."

Zachariah shook his head and stood, stretching again. Clad in his favorite cozy flannel pajama pants, he padded out into the kitchenette and put some bread in the toaster. It was funny how he had been so tired the night before, and yet always woke up more easily than Raphial.

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty," he smirked as Raphi came into the eating area, rubbing his already-mussed hair.

"Whatever," Raphi shot back sleepily, going for the milk in the fridge. "I'm not the one you have to worry about in the mornings, anyway."

"That's true..." Zach rolled his eyes and glared at the westmost wall, as if his frustrated stare could pierce through the three rooms to the one shared by...

"Jess? Did you just feel a cold draft?" Leah shivered. Darn AC in this place, it was bipolar, she swore it.

"Uh, Zach?" Raphi asked, poking his head out from behind the fridge door.

"What?"

"Where's the milk?"

"It's not there?... OH. I forgot, Megan wanted some, so I let her borrow it."

"What for?"

"Because she asked?"

"No, I mean, why did she need it?"

Zachariah shook his head. "Don't ask me. Anyway, if you want it that badly, I'll just go get it back. Hold on."

Either forgetting about, or just not caring about, his current state of being half-dressed, he pulled open the door leading out to the hallway, walked down to Megan's door, and knocked on it several times.

"Megan? Are you up? I need the milk back, if you don't mind."

Megan peeked her head through the door, her hair a damp mess. "Sorry, I just got out of the shower. You can come in and grab it, I can't really do it right now." She opened the door, quickly running back to her bedroom with her towel on, and slamming the door behind her. Hopefully, he didn't see the blush on her face.

Zachariah looked REALLY NICE without a shirt on.

Jessi walked into the room, with a towel turban on her head and her disheveled clothes on. "Yeah, it's a little chilly. It's not that bad though." As she walked in, the water boiler began its soprano song, and so she turned the heat off, and put the water into her tea maker along with the loose tea itself, and set her timer.

"Tea, tea tea. I love you so~" She sat herself onto the counter to wait another five minutes so she could have her glorious morning beverage of the gods.
    Last edited by ThyFaerieQueen; 08-13-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Zachariah blinked as Megan slammed the door. That had all happened so fast... Shrugging, he headed towards Megan's fridge, where he found the milk that he had lent her. He grabbed it and was just about to leave the room when--

"AUGH! PERVERT!"

"Not again..."

Indeed, it was Leah, standing in the doorway, aiming an accusing finger at him.

"Butbutbut! This time I have PROOF! I mean, what else could you be doing here in Megan's room wearing... just... pants..." She faltered, noticeably running out of steam as she stared.

Zachariah shook his head before reaching out to move her out of the way. "Get a grip, Leah. Let me through, I need to get dressed."

"Uh, right." Turning a rather obvious shade of red, she hastily scurried further into Megan's room in order to let Zach pass by. Which he did without a backwards glance, shutting the door firmly behind him.

"Erm." Leah cleared her throat before calling to the apartment at large, "Megan? Do you have extra toothpaste? Turns out the tube I threw last night split open when it hit Zach's head..."

"YES, IT'S IN THE BATHROOM UNDER THE SINK~!" Megan yelled through her closed door. "You know, he looked pretty fantastic without a shirt on though Leah. You gotta admit that one. He just wanted milk though. You get too worked up over things."

Jessi was adding the last curl to her hair when she heard a knock on the open door. "Come inside, it's open!" She said, quickly brushing those curls out so that they waved more like Megan's instead of Shirley Temple. Grabbing her make up bag, she walked into the recreational living room. Today she wore a pair of indigo jeggings with brown rustic lace up boots and a brown flowing top and a green cardigan over it.

Megan walked out of her room, wearing a blue polka-dot blouse and a black pencil skirt over it and a pair of black pumps. "I should go over to Jessi's house & see if she has any tea..."

"Hey, I was concerned about your well-being!" Leah protested as she retrieved the toothpaste from under the sink. "You know, I've never trusted that guy, but he was the only one who got the part dead-on... An-and besides," she stammered on, "he doesn't have THAT great of a build. I mean, I've seen other men with more impressive pecs..."

Leah shook her head quickly and went on in a more normal tone, "Oh, Jessi? You know her, she's always got tea on hand. We both do, I should say. Come on over and grab some before we head out to the set."

Looking down at herself, she added, "I've gotta change out of my jammies and bathrobe and get some proper clothes on, anyway."

With that, she headed back to the apartment she shared with Jessi, grabbed some clothes out of her dresser, and locked the bathroom door behind her so she could change.

Lot hesitantly came into the living room, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh, hey, Jessi. I know it's early and we have to be at the set soon, but... Um, Leah's not here too, is she?" Seeming to realize what he'd just said, he added quickly, "Not that I don't like Leah or anything, but... You said that if we had any problems we could talk to you, and Leah's just... quick to... jump to conclusions," he finished rather haltingly.

Raphi was dressed and combing his hair when Zach returned with the milk. "Oh good, you got it back... By the way, were those Leah's gentle, dulcet tones I heard just now?"

Zachariah groaned and rolled his eyes. "She's such a hothead. First I'm a robber, now I'm a pervert. Honestly, how did she ever grow up enough to direct a roleplay?" Going to put the milk in the fridge he added, "And from the way she was eyeing me, you wouldn't think that I was the pervert there..."

Raphi laughed. "Oh, come on. Don't pretend you didn't like her admiring you."

"That pipsqueak? Give me a break... I'm going to get dressed, drink your milk."

Leah sneezed as she exited the bathroom, clad in a purple, black and blue plaid skirt, black v-neck, and black knee-high boots. "Ugh, first a weird draft, now I'm sneezing? I'd better not be getting sick. Oh, hey Lot, what's up?"

She gave Lot a friendly smile as she moved past him to brush her hair in the mirror next to the bathroom.
    Last edited by GoblinMaiden; 08-14-2011 at 02:18 AM.

"Hey Lot, Leah's here but she's in the bathroom getting ready." She smiled at the boy. "We can go into the kitchen to talk. I know Leah, and I understand your sort of concerns. She likes to jump to conclusions. Take last night, for example. I come to the apartment, Zach is sleeping on my bed, because he thought this was his apartment, he was so tired, and Raphi was with him, and Leah comes into the room and freaks out, taking my toothpaste and throwing it at Zach's head and it splits open on his head. I lost my temper and a tube of toothpaste last night. It was disastrous. Good thing you slept through it. But come, come to the kitchen and we'll talk. I'll put my make-up on in there."

While she was leading him to the kitchen, Leah came out of the bathroom and said hello to Lot.

Jessi smiled at Leah, but looked at her worryingly. "I don't want you getting sick on us chica, because then we'll have to cut days off the set, and good lord knows how much that will cost...."

Jessi was constantly on the money, because with the six of them, there wasn't much. Roleplaying was a small business, but not a very well paying one. She hoped that This Dark Dream would make it big, but so far, it hadn't. They'd been planning and plotting it for the last three years, Jessi was still in school, and after she had graduated, they had moved into an apartment together and rented out a studio set where they did all the actual roleplaying.

They needed the characters, and Megan, Lot, Zachariah, and Raphi fit the parts to a T. But still, it was an expensive business. And they needed to keep excess costs low.

"Ok, so what's up Lot?"

Lot bit his lip, rubbing his arm. "W-well... It's about Megan, actually. D-d'you think she... might... like me? I mean, has she said anything about me, or...?"

His face turned a steadily growing shade of red as he spoke; he appeared to be highly uncomfortable, and yet desperate at the same time.

Leah finished brushing her hair and quietly slipped out of the room. She knew she could be pushy (sometimes overly so), but then again that didn't mean that she was ALWAYS inconsiderate. Anyway, she liked Lot; let the boy have his words with Jessi.

...Besides, maybe if she showed consideration, he'd tell her later, too.

In the mean time, that didn't exclude HER from getting in on the lovey-dovey action, herself.

Knocking on Megan's door, she called, "Hey, Megs, it's me again. I was wondering if you wanted to take one of the go-carts to the set together? There's, ah, something I want to ask you about..."

Go-carts. One of the few perks of being a roleplay director.

Jessi giggled, and smiled, for she knew what Lot was asking her. "I don't think so, but you never know. I think it could happen, but only if you want it to, ok?" She got up, finishing her makeup and bating her eyelashes at the boy. "So tell me dahling, how do I look?"

Megan opened her door to see Leah outside. "Leah!! It feels like I haven't seen you in forever," she said sarcastically, yet laughing because she was in such a good mood. "Yeah, I'd love to take the go-cart with you, just let me grab my purse." She closed the door on her friend and director for a moment before she opened it again and stepped out, closing and locking it behind her.

"Ready to go!"

Lot seemed to deflate a bit. "O-oh," he mumbled. He looked as if he was at a loss about what to do next. "You look okay," he added distractedly. "Wh-what do you mean, if I want it?"

"I know, right?" Leah gushed at Megan. "It's been, what, since a few minutes ago? Practically ages!" She waited for Megan to get her purse, then grabbed her hand and traipsed to the elevator to go down to the go-cart.

"Sooo. Megan. Dear. Honey-poo. Okay, that last one sounded creepier than it did in my head... Anyway." Leah leaned forward a tad conspiratorially. "I was just wondering, since we're surrounded by these good-looking men... got a hankering for any of them?"

They had a few floors to go... the perfect amount of time for her and Megan to have a super-quick heart-to-heart.

Jessi sighed, rolling her eyes at Lot. He was a lot younger than her though, so he didn't understand motive and things of such. "If you want something, go for it. Ask Megan out, for crying out loud! I bet she would love to go on a date with you. Take her to a poetry slam competition, or a classical music concert, or maybe a picnic, or picking strawberries in the country," Jessi was shameless, throwing out ideas that she knew she would enjoy, but knowing also that Megan would enjoy as well, because the two were very similar in tastes.

"Just ask her out Lot, it's so much easier than being super shy." Jessi placed her cosmetics bag onto the counter and grabbed her white canvas bag, the one with the brown leather lining and brass hardware that was really in style right now. Checking her watch, her eyes grew wide, "we need to get down to the set soon, or we'll be late to log in our hours!" She scrambled to the front door, and opened it to see someone just about to knock and announce their presence...

Megan eyed Leah suspiciously, it was always slightly odd when she started gushing out the affectionate names because afterward it always got awkward. And she was right, it did get awkward. Megan felt the pink blush spread across her face before mumbled words began falling out of her mouth. "I- I ummmm.... errrrr...." She took a deep breath and started again.

"If I tell, you have to promise not to say a word to ANYBODY. Understand?" The brunette startlette death-stared at Leah, her eyes burning holes into her friends'.

Lot shrank into himself at Jessi's relentless suggestions. "But... what if she says no... We're going to be on this set for a while yet, so it could get awkward..."

Raphi blinked as Jessi opened the door, his fist still raised to knock. "Oh, hi Jessi. I was just wondering... Zach took off to the set already, would you mind if I went with you? Hey, Lot. You two don't mind, right?" Raphi shook his head. "Zach can get so impatient sometimes."

Leah leaned forward as they walked and nodded eagerly. "Oh, I promise! Swear! Cross my heart and hope to die... So, who's the lucky fellow?" She was near shameless in her eagerness to know. So eager, in fact, that as the elevator doors opened and she stepped out, eyes still on Megan, she almost didn't see whom she was about to collide with outside.

"WHOAH! What the... Zach?! Watch where you're going!" She fisted her hands on her hips and glared up at the actor, who was obviously as surprised as she was.

"Me? Why don't you, pipsqueak." He quickly regained his composure, shaking his head in frustration as he turned to leave the apartment building.

"Hey, I'm your director! Why don't you show me some respect? Right, Megan?"

"I'll show you some when you deserve it."

"Well... well, fine then. We just won't let you ride in the go-cart with us. Walk to the set by yourself, for all we care." With that, Leah looped her arm through Megan's, obviously ready to practically drag the girl off to where the go-cart was parked.
    Last edited by GoblinMaiden; 08-22-2011 at 12:51 AM.

"I don't think Megan would ref- oh hey Raphi." A small blush brightened Jessi's cheeks at the sight of the blond co-worker. "I.. yeah, sure, that's fine, right Lot?" She looked to Lot, her eyes gleaming happy at the thought of spending some time with Raphi. "I know, he's such a princess sometimes!"

Megan looked at the scene, giggling as it spilled forth. "Let him come with us Leah, it's cruel to make him walk all the way to the set. Besides, I'll tell you later. We'll have a sleepover at your place later, or something like that!!" She giggled again at the thought of a sleepover with one of her best friends.

"Zach, wait. You can come with us, it's fine. Right Leah?" Megan pouted at Leah, really hoping it was ok.

Lot shrugged, a small smile on his face as he tried to disguise his uncertainty. "It's cool with me."

"Great, you ready to leave now?" Raphi grinned and rolled his eyes. "We'd never hear the end of it from Zach if we were late."

Leah obviously was leaning more towards being her usual stubborn self, but finally she sighed. "Okay, whatever. You can come with us, Zach... But I'll be holding you to your answer later, Megan!" With a laugh, she proceeded towards the go-cart, still holding on to Megan.

"Thanks, Megan. I would really hate to be late; I don't need Raphi on my case." Zach smirked slightly at the brunette girl before heading towards the go-cart himself, and Leah felt a twinge. Weird. Had she eaten something strange?

Jessi's smile grew brighter as Lot agreed to Raphi going with. "Yay! I'm all ready, let's get going!" She dragged the two boys to the elevators, excited for the day of roleplaying ahead at the set and studio.

"Yippee!" was Megan's response to Leah agreeing to allowing Zachariah onto the go-cart with them. It was exciting to get to hang out with someone as cool and appealing and... cute as Zach, and she felt really lucky that she got to be friends with him and work with him on a daily basis. Gripping onto Leah's hand, she flashed her an assuring smile. "Oh don't worry, you'll get to know all about it later, I promise!"

"Then you have both chosen your paths. I hereby banish you both from this castle. If you, Megan, do not wish to return to your world, then do not expect to be sheltered in this one. If you, Raphial, still remain loyal to this girl, then do not expect to have my protection."

"My Lord, please, reconsider--"

"And CUT!" Leah yelled as the dark fog started to roll in from the machines. "Great job, guys... Man, that was intense." She grinned over at Jessi. "That was wicked, wasn't it, Jessi?"

Raphi let out a sigh and smiled over at the directors. "It's thanks to you two, really... This is actually one of my hardest roles. Since I've done work with Zach before too, I can say that he's not having an easy time of it either. Right, Zach?"

"Really?" Leah blinked. "He's such a natural though."

Zach was stretching and loosening the collar of his costume. "A compliment from the Terrible Munchkin? That's a first," he muttered.

"Hey, what was that? I can be nice when it's the truth... Besides, I only mentioned your talent, not your character," Leah added with a triumphant smirk.

Lot, sitting on the sidelines looking over his lines for when he came in later on in the roleplay, looked over at Jessi and rolled his eyes. He then proceeded to silently mimic Leah and Zach behind their backs.

Jessi rubbed her eyes, it was another long day on the set and studio, and she was exhausted. But it was Friday, and the team got so much accomplished today from the character revelations and the building in plot. It was really remarkable to see this lovechild of a project come together. On Monday, Jessica would be going to their investor to see if she could get more money for the project, because their budget was quite small as it was, and they were barely surviving.

There was a lot that the group didn't know about the financial situation, and Jessi planned to keep it that way, she didn't want to stress them out more then they already were. She did the bills late at night after Leah had gone to bed, and penny pinched like no other to get the best deals for what little they had. But she had been saving for awhile, and there was a bit of extra cash in the budget that they could have a celebration tonight.

She was pulled from thought when Leah asked her about the scene. "You guys did awesome today! It was really remarkable..." Her voice faded as Leah and Zachariah started bickering again. Noticing Lot rolling his eyes, she saw him start to mimic the two. Jessi couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

"Hey everybody, how about Chinese for dinner? You guys go back to our apartment, and I'll go order and pick it up. Does that sound good to everybody?"

"I like Chinese!" Megan said as she began cleaning up parts of the set. "Zachie, come help me! I can't do it all on my own!!"
    Last edited by ThyFaerieQueen; 08-22-2011 at 04:31 AM.

"Zachie?" Leah snorted. "Since when did he give you permission to call him THAT?"

Zach shrugged as he went to go help Megan. "I never did, actually, but I don't mind anyway. Don't worry, I've got this," he added to the brown-haired girl, hauling up one of the fog machines.

Was it just Leah, or had she never noticed how subtly ripped he was before? Oh yeah, there had been that shirtless episode this morning... point taken. Still, those BICEPS. Goodness GRACIOUS.

Raphi looked at Leah and grinned widely before going to help clean up, as well. She blinked and coughed slightly before hopping down off her director's chair (it even had her name on the back; man, she loved that thing) and busying herself folding it up. She really had to start getting better at concealing her gawking at gorgeous men...

"Chinese sounds good to me," Lot interjected after Megan's exclamation. "Let me help you, Megan... Urgh..."

Lot struggled to lift up a part of the set, but was unfortunately not as gifted in the biceps department as Zach was. He finally threw a pleading look over to Raphi, who took pity on him and went to give a hand.

"I don't like Chinese," Leah scoffed as she finished folding up her chair. "...I LOVE Chinese. Jessi, if you could get me some of those lo-mein noodles I like, I will love you forever. I mean, more than I already do."

Raphi came back from loading up some set parts into a nearby van that they were renting. "Then it's settled? Dibs on the go-cart back."

"All to yourself?" Leah exclaimed. "I'll fight you for it!"

"Oh, this should be something," Zach grinned as he folded his arms and looked on as Leah playfully struck a punch in Raphi's direction.

"Hey, now! I've been shedding blood, sweat and tears over this scene... the least I deserve is a spin in the go-cart," Raphi laughed, catching Leah in a fake choke-hold and proceeding to give her a noogie. "Come on, Miss Director, ma'am, please?"

"Owowowow! FINE you can drive the go-cart! Leggome!"

Lot was in tears from seeing the dark-haired director with her hair mussed and glasses askew, and even Zach couldn't help smirking mirthfully.

Leah stalked off towards the go-cart with Raphi trailing happily behind. Her last words before she left the set were, "I'd better get an extra helping of lo-mein."
    Last edited by GoblinMaiden; 08-22-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Jessi, smiled at the scene playing before her eyes. Her friends... her friends were certainly a bunch of characters themselves. She wished she could have a videotape to capture all of these memories, but at the moment she was broke. Well, writing it down would have to do for the moment. Jessi and Leah wrote down everything, that's part of the reason they worked so well together on roleplays. And of course, the fact that they bounced ideas off of each other like a good game of basketball.

And of course, the fact that they were best friends, besides sometimes being polar opposites. Best friends forever...

Jessica finished packing her things into her bag, and not wanting to ruin the enjoyable mood her friends were in, decided to slip past them, as though she were wearing an invisibility cloak and go get Chinese. She knew that no-one would want to go get it with her, and she'd have to shlep it all home alone, but it was ok. Really, it was. She'd done it so many times before that it didn't even bother her anymore. Ok, maybe it bothered her a little, but Jessica could take care of herself in the big city. It was only Friday city and she had her pepper spray and fast legs and a small bit of knowledge about self defense.

"See you back at the house," She said, knowing that she wouldn't be heard over Leah and Zach fighting.

Again.

"HERE. The keys," Leah grumbled, handing them over to Raphi. "Megan and I will probably walk back. And... well, I don't know about Lot and Zach. I guess they'll manage."

"Thanks," Raphi laughed good-naturedly as he took the keys from Leah's proffered hand. "Actually, could you tell Zach to go ahead without me? I was going to see if Jessi wanted a ride to the Chinese place. It's getting a little late, and this isn't the best part of town..."

"Sure, I'll tell him," Leah nodded with a smile. Patting Raphi lightly on the arm, she added, "You're such a nice guy, Raphi. Make sure you keep Jessi safe or I'll make you pay, got it?"

The blonde fake-shivered and laughed again before getting into the go-cart and driving off. Where had Jessi gone...

"Jessi? You still here? It's Raphi, want a ride?"

Leah made her way back to the set, humming a little tune. She hoped Megan was still there... they still had their talk from earlier to finish up. Grinning at the thought, she began to skip a little.

"Meeegan dear. We should walk back together, you still haven't told me--Megan?" Leah blinked as she rounded the corner and saw that Megan, as well as Lot, was nowhere in sight. Zach was still there, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Uh, Zach? Where'd Megan go?"

He shrugged. "Back to the apartment with Lot. I assume Raphi went to help Jessi?"

"How did you know?"

"I just know him, that's all." Straightening up, he began to walk back towards the apartment. Leah scurried a bit to catch up with his longer strides, and he glanced down at her. "You need something?"

"No? I just thought we could walk back together. I mean, we are going the same way and all."

Zach snorted, and Leah glared. "What? Is there something wrong with that?"

"It's not that. I thought you'd rather jump off a cliff than be seen with me off set is all."

"Wait. You thought... You think I hate you?"

He looked away, as if thinking a little. "Not exactly hate."

"But I don't!" Leah blurted, before turning a faint pink. Ohmigosh. Am I blushing? I'm blushing, aren't I. I hope he doesn't notice...!

"Oh really?" Zach raised an eyebrow.

"I mean...! It's not like I despise you or anything. You do irritate me and you act all high and mighty and stuff and you can be inconsiderate and--"

"There's more?" He was looking less and less pleased.

Leah gulped. "Uh. I meant that... Just don't think I hate you okay?"

"Yeah. Sure."

Silence fell until they got to the apartment. Without a word, Zachariah went to go to the room he shared with Raphi.

"Um, bye!" Leah squeaked out, mentally slapping herself. Um? Really? Way to go, Leah, could you sound any MORE lame?

Zach didn't break stride. "Later," he muttered before closing the door to his room behind him, leaving Leah standing by herself in the hall.

As Jessi walked herself over to the Chinese Restaurant, she couldn't help but think to herself how much she loved the city. The skyline always seemed to glitter in the distance, replacing the starry canvas she remembered from her faraway suburban childhood. And there's always life happening. She passed a two violinists plugged into their amp and performing, and before completely passing, the sound of change clinked into a case. This area of town; where Jessi, Leah, Megan, Lot, Raphi and Zak lived in- it's called La Villa d'arciris Eyvida. It's translated into some language as the city of color and life, but locals shorten it to La Villa.

But not all colors are bright, and neither is this part of this city that Jessica's venturing to. A left turn and she's on the fringes of La Villa and the projects- where gangs thrive and no do gooders ever think to step foot. But no-one had mentioned this to Jessi yet, even after 18 months in the city, and she never expected anything to happen in the daylight when people were around. Yet, it has been long past since dusk settled and most were already asleep in their beds. The bright, neon lights of The Jade Temple were in sight at the end of the street.
    Jessi picked up the pace- the sooner she got there was the sooner she got home and slept.

"Where you going dearie?" A ragged voice from the shadows called out to her. "Pretty little lady in a big city on a cold night- I'll share some of my warmth with you. Hell, I'll even sell you a joint. That'll really make you warm." The butt of a light shone dimly from the darkness. Jessi tried to ignore the man, clutching her bag closer to her body. "C'mere dearie, I've got the shit that you're beggin' for."

Jessi was ready to run when the bright headlights of the go cart came up from behind her, with Raphi driving it. She hopped in before he even had a chance to ask if she wanted a ride.

"Thank goodness you're here. There's someone in the darkness here that's really freaking me out, trying to sell me marijuana. The Chinese place is just up ahead, let's get out of here."