Login to your account

Thread: Eden's OnexOne/Etc Search: HIATUS

Eden's OnexOne/Etc Search: HIATUS

STATUS
    hiatus: not starting new games

Look here for Dorian's game!

One slot open in Dead God! I'm looking for either onexones or small group games. I'm still new to onexones and would prefer a partner who could give me some guidance as we play and maybe guide the plot a bit more. I'm open to most things and most ideas as long as the roleplay itself is good and the character psychology deep. I reserve the right to say 'no' to you, obviously.

I'm looking for...

• Regularity, and not the kind you get from prunes. I don't ask for perfection, but communicate with me if you're busy. Let me know so I'm not worried.
    • Patience and some willingness to guide me a little with onexones.
    • Thought out characters and dynamic plots, not pre-planned plots and cardboard cutouts.
    • I have a responsibility to the games I GM first, my group games second, 1x1s last.
    • Yeah, I get that people seem to want 1x1s to always be some romantic roleplay hook up thing. Bleh. If it happens if happens, if it doesn't it doesn't, don't push it either way OOC, please. That said, your character's perfectly entitled to.
    • I don't mind and love the idea of 1x1s growing to include another player or two, or interacting with other people's 1x1s or group games.
    • I like playing a wide range of characters, I'd prefer if you do as well.

I'm interested in...

• Generic fantasy, if it happens on a small scale/within a small area of the vague setting. I'm not really a fan of the "magic lights and sorceresses holding staffs" thing. When there's magic, I like it to be closer to folklore or shamanism or such. I favor simplicity, not overdramatic stuff. Or, your own interesting fantasy setting, so long as I don't feel like I'm walking on eggshells or am totally lost the whole time.
    • Games within my own setting, ie the setting Verenkor and Dead God are in. I always mention this because I know my setting well and I feel comfortable within it.
    • Adventure themes, whether it be lawbreaking or otherwise. Setting matters less here, though I'm not all that interested in modern games.
    • Cat-and-mouse. Never done it but I feel like it could be mighty interesting.
    • Vampire: The Masquerade. Not so much the rules as the general lore and the political struggling. I've yet to play a VtM game at all (aside from reading the books and playing the videogame), but I've heard a lot of stories and would love a power struggle type game.
    • Less than honorable rebels, high ideals but gotta get their hands dirty to achieve them.
    • A lot more, just sell me on the idea. I'm probably forgetting lots here.

What inspires me...

• Shadow of the Colossus. Heavy Rain. Lost Odyssey. Firefly. The Road to El Dorado. Abhorsen. Game of Thrones. Red Dead Revolver/Redemption. Ico. Ghost in the Shell. Elfen Lied. History. Bastion. This. Portal 2.

Current Games
    Ardent - GM, Cas Seingalt
    Dead God - GM, Adele Faa
    Atlas/Carmine - Cait Giovi
    Heroes' League - Long Feng

Current 1x1 Partners
    Ravenwaen
    a91nicole
    Brook V
    Telemachn

Possible RP Partners
    Glorious Captain Steve - In planning, game will commence when I have time.
    Xavirne
    Awolnation
    Mitsukashira
    Sparkles
    Last edited by Eden; 09-18-2011 at 03:57 PM.

No loves for Eden. :'(

I am now looking for a onexone within Dead God.

Yes, I am totally lame in that I prefer playing within my own games. May as well play what you know well.

Awwwww you're totally not lame! Actually I've always liked that you do that. I think it adds extra depth to your world plus it's a great example of how different players and characters can affect the direction of a game... But of course I'm biased... ;]
    Last edited by Telemachn; 09-05-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Yay bias. xD

It's just, if you know a world really well and can feel comfortable coming up with plots in it, it seems like a good foundation for a game, as opposed to one that is thought up on the spot or worse, fan based. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    No loves for Eden. :'(

I am now looking for a onexone within Dead God.

Yes, I am totally lame in that I prefer playing within my own games. May as well play what you know well.
    I'm terrible sorry I haven't created my character for our 1x1 in Dead God. With school starting again I've been busy.
    I understand if you don't want to roleplay with me... I haven taken too much time.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

No worries, I'm patient. I just want more onexones, in addition to the ones I'm already starting/involved in. This is in addition to, not in replacement of, love. Don't stress out about it.

Whenever you're ready to start is fine--I'm a student, I understand.

No worries, I'm patient. I just want more onexones, in addition to the ones I'm already starting/involved in. This is in addition to, not in replacement of, love. Don't stress out about it.

Whenever you're ready to start is fine--I'm a student, I understand.
    Alright. I misunderstood.
    I've actually made a rough draft of my character. I could still need some fixing... and I should get a drawn picture for it too.
    Zone District

Do you need some help ironing it out/looking for a picture for them?

Do you need some help ironing it out/looking for a picture for them?
    I found a picture I thought showed what I want him to be, but it isn't perfect and is a real photo not drawn. Perhaps we should take it to PMs instead?
    Zone District

Yup that works. I mean, I don't mind posting here since it bumps my request thread. XD But yeah let's take it to PM's.

Haha, who cold say no to shameless self-promotion right? xD

If your still looking for a partner I would love to be your partner. I practically only do one on ones so I think I am quite experienced with one on one role-plays. Writing is usually not a problem since I can write a lot or script if you prefer that. Sometimes if only I am making up the plot it is hard but if my partners just help with the plot then it becomes fairly interesting. Well get back to me if your still looking

I'm sorry, somehow I totally missed this post. ._. Fail!

I am still looking but I am holding off actually starting anything until I feel I have the time for it--probably in about a week, as that's when my project is expected to end. I can't be sure they won't set me on another overtime project though right afterwards, but I doubt it.

I could definitely use someone to help guide me a little with onexones--I feel a lot more comfortable doing them in my own settings but I want to be able to branch out. xD So patience would be mighty appreciated as I'm far more used to being a GM in group games, not even all that used to being a player in group games.

What kind of thing might you be interested in? Just a broad idea. And again, sorry for the late reply.

. . . yeah you are lame. EDEN. =P

*lays on top of you and plays with your hair*

So. Totally. Lame.

I...I feel violated! D8

Its alright don't worry about it I totally get it when your busy. trust me i do.

Well I am just over flowing with ideas actually haha xD Mostly I've wanting to do something with kings and queens. I am not entirely sure why. I guess it just sorta popped into my head and has really interested me. Though not like human king and queens like different races of kings of queens like vampire king and angel queen or something like that.

Don't know if I'd be into angels stuff but depending on plot/how it's played out a vampire king, maybe. Though monarchy in general I'm interested in, but I think I lean more towards humans and human problems.

thats fine i was just using the angel thing as an example. do you mean
    you would prefer them to be human?

Probably, I don't know. The plot matters more than "what race are they", I don't really like approaching roleplays from that angle unless the plot has to do with it. I'm pretty tired and slightly tipsy so probably can't come up with any ideas tonight but I will think about it overnight. Though of course as I mentioned it may be a bit before I feel I have enough time to start something new. But I am definitely fine brainstorming ahead of time. ^_^

okay then. I just meant what sort of beings for the role-play. I do have ideas they aren't full out plots since i don't feel comfortable making full out plots on my own. it turns out making no sense or its been too much worked on.

Will reply more in the morning--but yeah I'm not expecting that. ^_^ Just not really capable of a plot at this hour of night haha

Well...I think I would be, maybe, interested in a game of two opposing people vying for the crown and playing the people under them. I don't know. To be honest I'm not finding myself that interested in anything particular about the monarchy idea.

Why was this at the bottom of my post, I am laughing so hard.

table.cnt,tr.cnt,td.cnt,tbody.cnt,div.pyl,pre.pyl, p.pyl {border:0 none;border-top:0;border-right:0;border-bottom:0;border-left:0;padding:0px; margin:0px;font-family:Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:16px; font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;line-height:normal;}table.cnt,td.cnt,div.pyl,pre.pyl,su p.pyl,a.pyl,p.pyl {color:black;background:#F9F9F9;text-decoration: none;}a.pyl:hover{text-decoration: underline;}table.cnt,div.pyl,pre.pyl {width:auto;}pre.pyl,div.pyl {overflow:visible;}div.pyl {position: relative; float: left; padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; height: 55px;}
    Lol random Chinese

O.O *points to self* Me? I'm flattered I made your list. At some point we will have to engage in a roleplay. And I wouldn't mind doing one of your settings, I love branching out and exploring new worlds.

When you get less busy (and when I'm not busy in the evenings/weekends), we should definitely start one.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

For now I'm going to extend my hiatus for joining new games/partners, aside from Captain Steve, since I'd already agreed to start after this week. Overtime is being extended longer than we expected.

[CENTER]
    Possible RP Partners
    Glorious Captain Steve - In planning, game will commence when I have time.
    Xavirne
    Awolnation
    Mitsukashira
    Sparkles
    I dunno how good these people are at RP but...I can say Xavirne is a nice person ^_^
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'