Login to your account

Thread: Tigerkytti Eltiri's Story

Post Tigerkytti Eltiri's Story

This is the story (aka novel) in progress that I'm writing based on my character Tigerkytti Eltiri. Currently it's a very slow work in progress, however I do plan on continuing with it.

Each chapter will be several thousand words, so just let me know if I should just use attachments instead of posting it directly as I will be doing now.

For those who might be interested to know; Tigerkytti was my very first RP character and well named her for my screen name since she embodied a lot of the qualities that I admire the most. If anyone would like to start up a rp with her even, let me know, I'd be glad to have her in an active rp again. Anyways, her race is that of a Nature Elf, a race that I designed myself. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about her, or her race.

Thanks to those who take the time to read it! And hope you enjoy.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

As they chased each other around the tree, the little girl and boy laughed, enjoying the beautiful shining sun and the fresh breeze flowing through the green leaves. They ran farther into the forest, darting in and out of the trunks, taking turns leading the way. Eventually they noticed that the sun was setting and began to make their way back to the village. Once they were near however they became aware of the silence, deep, dark silence in the trees around them. Both of them, worried, clung to each other as they got closer and closer to the village, and suddenly they heard a battle scream come from nearby, the gates to the village. The little girl, recognizing the voice as her mother’s ran ahead, the little boy running after her. Coming around the corner of the village wall to the front of the gates, the little girl was just in time to see her mother murdered, her dead body, sprawled across the ground. She looked around and saw her father slumped up against the wall of the gate, and through the gate there were others running to help, but it was too late for her parents. She screamed and ran to her mother’s side.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up mommy!" tears ran down her face as she shook her mother's unconscious body. The little boy ran to her father to see if he was still alive and tears ran down his face as well. His best friend’s parents, good people he had known were dead. Reinforcements still had not arrived to the gate when the girl felt her mother’s life end, and crying bitterly she turned to look at who had killed her mother. He was standing there watching them for a moment. The man was dressed in a black robe that covered him from head to foot, making it impossible to see his face, and in his hands he held a bloody scythe that was not of their peoples make. A sinister laugh came out from beneath the hood as the man strolled towards her and her friend, his scythe dragging along the ground. Wherever the scythe touched the life was drained, killing any living thing. Although they were still only children they could feel the pain that the planet itself was in from this weapon as it was so close to them. Her friend was closer to her and as the man neared her, the little boy darted in front of her, trying to protect her. All the man did was hit the little boy with his fist, sending the child flying to the ground. The girl looked up frightened at the man, but as she saw her friend injured and her parents lying dead before her, she became angry. Then, the last straw that made her snap was she saw the man raise his scythe, about to strike her friend.

"Karvek, NO!" she screamed, and the man laughed as he raised the scythe above his head. Then the last thing she saw was her friend cowering before him and everything went black.

At the exact moment the girl passed out, and the other Guardians reached the gate, there was a blinding flash that stunned everyone. Everybody, including the black robed man looked to the girl once they could see again. The little boy forgotten by him, scurried away from him as best as he could. Once everyone's eyes cleared, they saw the daemoness that was floating above the girl’s unconscious body. The daemoness was fairly tall, and didn't seem to be floating from any visible means. She wore no clothing, but was covered in a slightly thick layer of dark blue fur, showing nothing that could be considered inappropriate. Her cheek bones seemed to jut out further than anyone the people there knew of, and the forearm bone went out further on her elbow. She had a long tail that had upraised bumps all the way from the back of her neck to the tip of her tail. On her hands she had three clawed digits, with a shorter one, opposing from the other two, and for her feet she didn't have any toes, just one clawed digit that had a large enough base for her to stand on, and a claw coming from what could only be described as her ankle. The only thing that the people gathered there didn't find odd was her pointed ears. Her hair was blue as well, as it hung down her back in a long braid, and when they looked to her eyes, all were shocked. The daemoness had nothing that could be described as a pupil; her 'eyeballs' were of the deepest midnight blue and seemed to peer deep into the soul of everyone that she looked at.

After looking calmly around at the people gathered around her, she finally focused her gaze upon the man and smiled. A horrendous smile with razor sharp fangs that only her lush blue lips hid normally. She was a frightening sight to behold. For a moment, everyone seemed frozen in time, just staring at the daemoness, until finally the sobs of Karvek reached everyone's ears in the silence. He had made his way to his best friend’s unconscious body and was crying, afraid for her. His sobs having spurred the action of the Guardians they raised their weapons and one even dared to throw a spear at the daemoness. Without even a look or any sign of having noticed that he had lobbed the spear at her, a field of sorts surrounded her and deflected the spear. She whipped around, her braid flying so fast that it made a snapping sound, so she faced the Guardians.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Prologue- Cont'd...

"Do not dare interfere; you are not powerful enough to take on this monster, what makes you think you can defeat me? I am on your side, for I am bound to this girl and will make sure she lives, now back!" Her face had become horrendous again, a frightening visage as she growled at them with glowing eyes. Her voice had an echoing whispery sound that seemed ethereal, although vicious at the same time as she was angry. She raised a hand and a field surrounded the area that she, the two children and black robed man occupied. "This will make sure none of you are stupid enough to try that again....next time I won't be so forgiving, even if you are her people." The daemoness's face softened after that as she looked down to Karvek, who now peered up at her with a mixture of fear and awe. "You must be Karvek, please leave boy, she would not forgive me if anything happened to you." Although he was still speechless from the display of her power, he managed to look stubborn and shook his head. She sighed, "Fine but let it be said that it was not my fault if you get yourself injured child. You will be important later, be sure you stay alive."

All the while that she had been speaking with the child and the Guardians of the village the black robed man had approached her and brought up his scythe to strike her with it. Without even having to look once again to do anything, she smacked the man backwards, against the wall of the force field with her tail. He slumped against it temporarily and as he brought himself back up she turned slowly to face him. The glow that had been in her eyes before now intensified as she looked to him, silently grim.

"You should give up or join me demon for I wield the scythe of Death and you have no chance," the man in the black robe sneered through the darkness from under his hood at her, confident and cocky.

"I should? How is it I have no chance monster? What makes it so you think you can challenge an Ethereal Daemon?" Her tone had darkened even worse, and although none of them knew what an Ethereal Daemon was they all stood around, mouths agape. They had no idea where she came from, and even in legend there had never been anything like her before.

"Because you pitiful creature, while I hold this scythe you cannot kill me, and if it is separated from me, it will kill all it touches. Now do you fear me?" he slowly walked towards them, menacingly.

"No, we'll see how hard you are to kill," was all she said as she bared her fangs at him. Her answer seemed to anger him, and he rushed her, the scythe held high in the air, arcing down to strike her. Not moving she lifted her hand and a ball of blue energy formed at her palm that she unleashed at him. With a shriek he was sent flying back into the wall. He made a loud thump as he hit and slid to the ground but quickly got up. He grinned madly at them, for now they could see his face; her energy had blown away the top part of his robe and singed his hair. The Guardians gasped as they saw that he was similar to all of them, except for one huge difference; the fact that instead of pale skin, his skin was darker than the tree trunks around them. They had never seen another of their people that appeared such as he. He snickered at their reaction.

"Thought you all would know what a Dark Elf is, fools. But so far from everyone else, I suppose I'm not surprised by that." With those words he glared at them all and then went after the daemoness again. This time she had, had a blast of energy awaiting him and once again it sent him flying across to hit the wall of the field. There was a sickening crunching sound as he hit the wall and collapsed to the ground this time, his clothes in tatters from the destructive power of her blast. All the Guardians and Karvek did not expect him to get up again, but he did. His hair and face were burned but seemed to slowly heal as he touched the scythe to the ground and drained life from it.

The daemoness was only slightly surprised for she had been expecting something due to his words. In only a moment she had thought of a solution on how to defeat him, for although he could not be destroyed, he could be altered. Her gruesome grin appeared on her face again as she watched him take steps to her. He was taking his time, safe in the thought that he could not be defeated. Reaching midway on the ground towards the children and the daemoness, she acted. Pointing her claws to the ground and then thrusting them up to the sky she spoke in a strange language none of them had ever heard. Thinking her actions pointless he sneered in confident amusement, but it quickly turned to despair and surprise as he looked to his feet to see stone working its way up his feet and over the scythe. It seemed to be incredibly painful as the stone entered his body, slowly making him one with it.

"What are you doing to me demon?" his words were gasping and pain filled, his face twisted in hatred.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

"I figured out a solution to your riddle, monster. You cannot be killed or separated from your scythe, but you can be altered while holding it so that you will be holding it forever. I hope you love solitude and that scythe a lot, for this is forever," Her laugh was cruel as she watched the hatred turn into true despair on his face and became frozen permanently that way. After finishing she seemed to slump as she sighed and turned to the little boy, kneeling on the ground so to be next to him, and facing the Guardians.

"Do not worry for her, she will be fine, just tired and drained. I had to borrow power from her, but now I must return to her." The Guardians stood so still it was almost like they were frozen in stone, some of them were staring in horror at the stone version of the murderer and some were looking to the daemoness. But none of them moved aggressively towards her even though she had brought down the field when she was turning the Dark Elf into stone. Karvek looked up to her with questions on his face.

"No, child I cannot tell you more than just that I am her Protector and you all better remember that. Thank her for me, for letting me borrow her power, she's a powerful young lady," The Guardians and Karvek stared at her in wonder, and she smiled, her fangs glinting in the light, "No, do not worship me, for although I am still too weak to stay out any longer, I am here for my own reasons, and normally I am not this weak." Her smile was cruel, as she faded away slowly.

For a short time the Guardians there stared at the statue and eventually moving in silence they grieved for their fallen comrades, the girl’s parents. Karvek followed the Guardian who picked her up and took her into the village, while the others cleaned up the mess, all the while skirting the statue with great caution. Eventually they came to realize that the plants would not grow around the statue, not even the ones they themselves had power over and just left it alone, as a reminder of the time they all almost perished....

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Chapter 1- Years Later...

"Kytti, hey, Kytti! Look up here at what I'm doing!" she looked up as her friend called down to her. Her face lit into a worried smile as she saw him standing on a thin branch high up.

"Karvek, you be careful, you're still a clumsy caterpillar! You'll hurt yourself!" She called up to him, brushing her golden silk hair out of her face to watch him.

"Oh don't worry so, Kytti. Just because we can't all be taught to be a graceful butterfly like you doesn't mean I'm that dangerous to myself!" He walked casually along the branch, making her giggle at his easy going nature.

"Karvek, you're a goof..." smiling good natured up at him, it quickly turned to fear as the branch cracked and started to give way underneath him.

"Oh crap..." he said looking down at the ground, frozen for the moment before the rest of the branch gave way and he started to tumble through the trees. Reacting quickly, almost without thought, Kytti's eyes began to glow a bright green and a large, flat leafed tree bush grew up out of the ground to meet her falling friend and catch him. There was a crashing sound as he hit the branches and was cradled in them.

"Karvek.....you ok?" She peered up at the tree bush branches to try and see him. After a moment the boy poked his impish face through the leaves to look at her and grinned sheepishly down at her.

"Yea, I'm fine. Thanks for the save Kytti...." he seemed abashed at his near fall. She sighed seeing he was okay and shook her head at him. He rustled around in the branches for a few moments and standing up to climb down the trunk of the quickly grown plant they heard a familiar sound. Cracking. Kytti's face turned horrified as the top of the tree split and he began to fall with it, Karvek's face matched hers as well.

"No, Karvek!" Familiar words spoken, seemed to spur once again a saviour for the boy. A blur of white and black went through the air, catching the boy by the back of his shirt and getting him to safety. He lay prone on the ground a moment, as Kytti then approached him, worry etched on her face.

"Karvek, are you okay?" her voice was barely above that of a whisper as she stood above him. He lifted his head and turned an embarrassed look towards her and he nodded.

"Yeah, everything’s fine 'cept for my pride...was just catching my breath after that second near fall," he laughed softly, brushing himself off as he stood up.

"Thank goodness!" Kytti exclaimed stepping quickly towards him when the white and black blur appeared between them, this time stopping so that they could both see what it was. Standing in between the friends was a young leopard, not a cub, but not quite into adulthood yet. It watched Kytti carefully as she stood there contemplating it. The leopard seemed to be protective of Karvek but when it looked into her deep blue eyes it relaxed and went up to her, purring in the deep way the larger felines do, brushing up against her. Kytti, who had been watching it with reserve at first broke into laughter as the big cat nearly pushed her over with its affections. Karvek just watched, his mouth hanging open.

"I'll never get used to the way animals respond to you Kytti...you don't even have to spend time with them, or lure them with food to win them over," he shook his head and looked back over to the split tree and then back to her, "They still don't know about how powerful you are, do they Kyt?" She looked up at him from having been scratching the cat and then looked down, shaking her head.

"Why not? They would train you to be a Guardian and who knows, maybe you would be able to be a 1st Class Guardian!" he sounded excited as he approached her, giving the leopard a friendly pet as well.

"No, Karvek, they can't know..." she shook her head, speaking quietly.”I don't know why, but they just can't know yet." He shrugged and looked down at the happy leopard, receiving attention from the both of the two young elves.

"Hey, it's about time we found our animal companions isn't it?" Karvek asked looking at Kytti, and she nodded in answer, looking confused. "Well, maybe she's your animal companion, you should ask her name. You know how they will only tell their companion their real name first before any other!" The leopard let out a low growl at his words and looked affronted. They both were surprised and after giving Karvek a look, she turned to the leopard and spoke in the Animal tongue. Although young she had already mastered it easily. After a moment of conversing Kytti broke out into laughter and shook her head at Karvek.

"No wonder he was affronted. Karvek, he's a he, not a she!" She could barely keep herself from falling over for laughing so hard, and Karvek managed to look a bit contrite through his laughter.

"Well, what's his name Kytti?" he asked her after their laughter subsided. Laughter shook her once again as she was surprised he had forgotten.

"Karvek, I can't be his companion...he's male. Plus he won't tell me either. Ask him yourself!" she stood back and waited for Karvek's face to light up with realization and then reddened with embarrassment. After taking a deep breath he kneeled down so that he was level with the big cat and tried to speak in the Animal tongue himself. He faltered a little, for he was not as advanced as Kytti, but he was fairly fluent for his age as well. The leopard seemed to grin in amusement.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

"My name is Lepador. Although you can call me Dor if you want, it's easier to remember," All three of them looked surprised as the leopard spoke in Elven. Although the two elves and now Dor knew, that once a companion forms its bond with an elf, it could speak in their tongue, they still hadn't seen it happen yet. There were usually quite a few years in between when elves would gain companions due to their long lives, so never saw for themselves the bonding. And this would make Karvek the first of their generation to bond with his companion. After that, the two friends spent time playing with their new friend in the forest and eventually headed back to introduce Lepador into the Elven village.

There was a party that night, welcoming Dor into the Village Family and everyone made a complete fuss over Karvek and Dor. It was a great night for all, for everyone loved when there was a new addition into the Village. In fact no one even seemed that surprised that Karvek had been the first one, his parents being a great Tamer and Healer.

Over the next few months all of their generation found their companions, and closer to a full year from the time Karvek had become bonded, the ones who had to go on journeys to find theirs came back with their Animal Companions. That was, everyone except for Kytti herself.

Although she wasn't prone to jealousy, eventually she came to dislike the welcoming parties. She never let anyone know, for she was too kind to ruin the joyful occasion for her friends and peers, but inside she felt alone and left out. Eventually she became the only one in her village, except for the youngest children to not have a bond animal. Though no one said anything, she knew they were worried and even a few thought her strange, the incident from when she was a child not helping. The night of the last welcoming party for the last Companion, the Healers of the home she had been taken in at decided to sit down and speak with her. As they arrived at their house they asked her into the living room and sat down on the couch across from the chair she had taken.

"Kytti, we're worried about you. You're the only one in your generation that hasn't found her Companion yet, and you've even gone on a search for one as well...," The Matron, which was the proper term for female Healers, started off.

"Yes, Kytti. You should have found one by now. There's no reason why we can think of that you wouldn't have. You are the first in all your classes, you are talented in all fields," The Patron, which was the term for Male Healers, continued. Both their brows were furrowed as they sat in silence for a little while contemplating their next words.

"As you know, this is generally unheard of for someone to not have their Companion by now, but there have been a few times it has occurred throughout history and we may have to consider the two options that are available, " The Matron started again, hesitating slightly before going on, "The first option is having you go into School of Enlightenment, so your not finding an Animal Companion wouldn't be so strange and your talents would not go to waste..."

"And the second option is having you do an Extended Journey, which means that you leave the Village, and go further than ever before, into the Deep Forests to find your Companion, meaning you wouldn't be able to come back until you have a Companion, unless you were going to join the School of Enlightenment," Finished the Patron. Kytti sat there silently for a few moments watching the two Healers that had brought her up. She knew that they were averse to doing either option but they couldn't forsake they're duties. They both knew that she really didn't want to join the School of Enlightenment, because that would mean she would have not be able to ever get married, and start a family.

The School of Enlightenment also focused mainly on Healing magics, and usually neglected everything else including Nature and Animal Magics. And she knew they didn't want her to have to leave the Village and go far out because there were many stories of young elves leaving and never coming back. Finally she nodded, showing she understood.

"I understand Matron, Patron. When does this choice have to be made by?" Kytti looked to them both, speaking quietly. She knew which choice she would make, and she suspected they knew as well, but she wanted to see how long she could hold off on it, to see if she could possibly get her Companion before being forced to choose either option.

"Not for awhile now, the exact amount of time has to be determined, but at least a year from the last youth to find their Companion which was tonight," The Matron let out a sigh of slight relief as she smiled at Kytti. She smiled back in response and rose from her seat with a sigh of her own.

"Was there anything else Healers? If not I am exhausted from the Celebration and would like to retire," Kytti stretched as she said this, flashing them both a smile. The Patron shook his head.

"No, Kytti, that was all. We had to let you know as soon as possible so you have time to come to a decision. Have a good sleep dear," the Matron responded to her question, getting up herself and embracing Kytti. Kytti returned the hug to her Matron and gave one to her Patron.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

"Good-night then," she turned and walked up the stairs to her room. As she ascended the stairway she heard the Healers start a whispered conversation. She knew the two were really worried for her, and she had become worried as well. So far she had not formulated a plan of what she wanted in her life, but she knew that in the very least she wanted to eventually get married, and she couldn't do that without an Animal Companion. In their society the Companion served as more than a bond friend and protector. Elves that were not able to find bond companions or who chose not to had to enter the School of Enlightenment, which on top of being completely specialized in Healing, were not allowed to marry or start a family because of being unable to do so as well they wanted the Enlightened to focus all attention on their studies. Although it was a very honored position, many and especially Kytti did want to start families, and be able use all Magics.

Kytti crawled into her bed, pulling the blanket up to her chin, after having the Sun Tree dims its light orbs to darkness. Tears ran down her face, because as much as she would rather leave the Village than enter the School of Enlightenment, she did not relish the idea of leaving either. It would hurt her Healers very much, but it would be the choice she made. Eventually she drifted off to sleep.

The next day after Kytti had gotten up and finished with her chores and breakfast she went out to her and Karvek's favorite grove right outside the Village. She was sitting alone in a tree, swinging her legs back and forth, her thoughts occupying her completely. Suddenly Dor was stretched out on the branch beside her, his head resting in her lap. Realizing he was there she was startled out of her reverie and gave a little jump, but then she giggled, putting her hand on his soft head.

"Wow, Dor you scared me. What's up?" She asked him as she gave him a loving scratch between his ears. He peered up at her with big eyes.

"Not much, just out to play. I can't believe you didn't even notice me Kytti, I think this is the first time I ever successfully snuck up on you," he purred, satisfied with himself. From above her came a laugh as Karvek swung down from the branch right above her, his knees hooked on it so that he peered at her from upside down.

"Yeah, I don't think anyone has ever been able to sneak up on you Kyt!" He exclaimed, grinning at her, "Losing your touch I see?" He was teasing her, she knew but she couldn't find it in herself to return his smile. He saw the grim look on her face and immediately became serious. "What's the problem Kyt; this isn't like you at all."

"My Healers had a talk with me last night about what I will have to do if I don't find my companion," she sighed out her words, looking very depressed. Karvek then swung down from his branch to sit right beside her.

"What do you mean, what you'll have to do?" He looked genuinely concerned since it was almost completely unheard of for this kind of thing to happen.

"I mean, I'll either have to immediately enter the School of Enlightenment, or go on an Extended Journey to find my companion and keep going further until I located my Companion, and if still unsuccessful, I could only come back under the terms that I immediately enter the School," she explained this to him, putting her arms around herself as she thought about it. They sat in silence for a few moments together and then Karvek looked to her.

"Wow, Kyt. That's a hard thing to contemplate. Let me guess though, you would choose the Journey so that joining the School could be your last resort?" he smiled softly, knowing that he would hate to be in her position right now.

"Yes," she nodded along with her words, her eyes downcast. Suddenly Karvek smiled widely at her, pulling her close for a hug.

"What do you have to worry about Kyt? You’re the most powerful out of all of us, I just bet you’re meant for a very special Companion and that's the only reason why you haven't bonded yet. You'll have no problem once we find them. Until they decide you have to make this Journey we'll search out every animal in the vicinity and see if we can find your Companion!" he tried to sound as cheerful as possible. She gave him a shaky smile back.

"I guess your right Vek, we'll just have to become dedicated to searching!" Her face brightened, and gently moving Dor's head off her lap she jumped off the branch, landing in the branches of a Pillow Leaf tree that grew to meet her. Karvek followed her with Dor right behind them both. Karvek laughed, shaking his head, always amazed at how skilled Kytti was, he knew she could do anything she wanted in the Village, all they had to do was make sure she got her Companion.

Over the next few months Karvek, Dor and Kytti spent all their time trying to search for and track down her possible Companion, but each day came back empty-handed. And each day that passed that they came back without results Kytti became more and more sad, feeling hopeless and defeated.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Approximately six months after the last Youth that had bonded, however, something happened that cost her the ability to make the choice. It was another unsuccessful day that Karvek and Kytti had come back from and they were in the Main Gathering area when a severe event occurred. They were walking along chatting underneath the large trees that were everywhere when someone gave a loud cry.

Drawing their attention they noticed everyone pointing up to the higher branches of a particularly big tree. Craning both their necks they peered up to see a Young Naturalist on one of the branches. What probably was supposed to be routine work to check out the trees health seemed to have turned ill. The Naturalist looked as if they had slipped and were barely hanging on.

So far they had gathered several Naturalists together that had already begun work on growing a Pillow Leaf tree to catch the one in the large tree, but they weren't able to go very fast. Everything seemed fine though, with the Naturalist hanging in the tree successfully and the few they had gathered so far working as fast as possible. But then, once again something unexpected happened again, the endangered Naturalist lost their grip and began plummeting towards the ground. As this happened, the elves gathered let out a collective gasp and knew it wasn't going to end well. So far the Pillow Leaf tree wasn't large enough and would break under the momentum of their fall, and the Naturalists wouldn't be able to get it large enough.

"Karvek, I'm going to have to show them all now to save him," Kytti cried out to Karvek and ran towards the Pillow Leaf tree. Karvek gasped and put his hand over his mouth, knowing that everything was going to now change for her, but he also knew that Kytti could never allow another to get hurt so long as she had the power to stop it.

By this time which only had lasted a second, many elven eyes were drawn to her as she ran up and did what she could. She stopped near the already maturing Pillow Leaf tree and put her hands out towards it to channel energy better. Her eyes began to glow bright green, brighter than anyone they had ever seen, even in a Naturalist. As this started, the Pillow Leaf tree rapidly grew up to meet the falling elf, successfully stopping their fall before any major damage could be done.

After she knew that he was safe in the leaves, her eyes began to glow green once again and the Pillow Leaf tree began to shrink just as rapidly and gently let him on the ground as it went back to being just a seed. At first everyone stood where they had been, shock evident in their faces before everyone began to move again. Other Naturalists went up to the one she had saved and led him away to make sure he was okay, while everyone else went about their business, whispering in hushed tones about the event that just happened.

Kytti stood with her eyes closed her hands hanging at her side, with her long golden hair hanging over her face, she knew that her whole world was going to change again and she didn't relish the thought about how it was going to change this time.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti