Login to your account

Thread: 'Bout time I mosy on over...

'Bout time I mosy on over...

And do a proper introduction! I've actually been a member for exactly week now so I'm introducing myself maybe a little later than normal. Anywho, I'm Duchesse or Lizz (don't really care which ya call me) and I don't think I'm very interesting. I used to be on Gaia, kinda quit it and randomly checked it the other day after I got a PM from Strude and voila! here I am! :3 I've been rping for practically a decade now >.>; and that was way back when yahoo still had user chat rooms. *cough*makesmefeelold*cough* I rp just about anything and everything, just so long as the plot is good. I do both cannon and original rps. Hmm, guess I could bore you with some random facts...

random facts time!
    - Have four cats (though only two live with me): Nemo, Chibi, Stuart, and Einstein
    - Have two horses: Tonto and Tanto
    - Dance teacher | poor college kiddo~ (majoring in English education and linguistics)
    - History nerd
    - Speak four languages: French (fluent), Korean (fluent~y), Italian (fluent), and German (okay at translating)
    - Been dancing since I was three.
    - Main dancing loves are | ballet, contemporary, and jazz
    - Bookworm ( favorite book(s): Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)
    - Play the piano and the guitar.
    - Music is kind of my other half
    - I sing and am classically trained
    - I'm a terrible driver
    - Am obsessed with birds: owls & penguins and yet HATE all other beak-y like creatures that have wings.
    - Would probably always eat out than cook beeeecause I can burn things like popcorn in a microwave. No joke.

annnd I think I've bored ya enough. XD
    Last edited by duchesse; 08-10-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Welcome! Even though we've already talked and roleplayed together! xD

Edit: Also, I hate you for being fluent in French. :' (

Welcome to WTF! Hope you enjoy your stay. Most everyone is friendly and helpful, I don't think anyone bites here... well I know I do but only during the full moon.

Don't feel old at all there are alot of people here who are in their 20s and higher. So you aren't surrounded by a bunch of kids like on Gaia and most other sites like that. I love your horse's names... and would love to see some pictures of them... I'm a horse junkie along with an anime junkie.

And now I'm just rambling... oh well... again Welcome to WTF!

-Kay
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

Your list... of skills makes me think of you as a princess, or some kind of noble woman. o__o
    Just so you know, that impression is going to stick... so whenever you talk now I'm going to picture classical music and a light fancy breeze casting a heavenly glow... ya know, the princess shtick?

I think I met you last night though during the live stream of Sinbad! So hi again! I know you'll enjoy your stay~
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Hi hi! Welcomes and stuffs! I'd go on about how great and friendly everyone is, but I see you've already been shown that lol And yes, as Kay mentions, 21 is definitely not old around here lol I'm still seeing if I can spot anyone older then me XD (26) Wows, hard to believe you have time for rping around all that awesome stuff you can do o.o Glad to have you adding to the ranks of awesome! XD
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

@Eden Haha, thank you and sorry? I can translate if you ever need something translated? XD

@BoredNeko19 | Kay Thanks for the welcome and I'll be more than happy to share my pictures of them! I'll upload some in a while for ya! :3

Schizophrenic Hi! And yeah, we met yesterday during the stream! :3 Pfft, I'm no princess. Duchess maybe but certainly no princess. XD haha.

Tigerkytti Haha, so far everyone I've met on here has been pretty awesome-tastic. And most of the stuff I do nowadays is dance and anything school related. XD And thanks for the welcome!

Nah, I'm just jealous!

Haha, well, you can thank yeeears of singing opera for that. XD that and i took it in high school.

Officially welcome, Duchesse. xD I have certainly seeing you posting around the site, since I am an awesome lurking sharkcat, but it's great to officially welcome you to the site without feeling like a creepy stalker person! (Which I guess I probably am, but.... D: )

We have a good bit in common. xD (Though I only am very interested in some of the things you're actually trained and good at. xD) One of the things in common is handles - in some places, my screen name is "The Duchess". xD Duchess versus Duchesse!

Anyhoo - I'm glad you randomly popped into Gaia so you could get the invite and make your way over. xD Totally happy to have you here. :3 I'm sure with the group you're gaming with (here's where I sound even more like a stalker D: ) you'll have lots of fun. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Haha, hello!

I was 'duchess' but I added the 'e' over the year. My very first handle on gaia was something like 'duchessoftheworld' XD I can't remember exactly how I had it but yeah, it got infinitely shorter over the years.

Thanks for the welcome and I am very sure I'll have lots of fun 'round here. Even if no one around here was fun inspiring then I'd create some fun because I am a total fun ball. (yeah, I'm also awkward. XD) haha, anywho, thank you for the welcome! I'm excited to be here!

"The Duchess" is the call sign of a roleplaying character of mine. xD She was the vigilante leader of a superhero team and something of a spy/general type person. xD I borrowed her name for a few forum sites where I couldn't or didn't want to use my usual screen names. xD Anyway, rambling. xD "Duchesse" has a more romantic look, so I think it's lovely. xD

xD Yay for awkward funballs! I know I am the first and try to be the second. :B
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Haha, I have a few code-names like that. Haha, it's actually the French form of duchess and I was going through a phase where I adore all things French-y. XD But thank ya, lol.

I think I might trump you on the title for awkward funball. I am definitely at the top of the podium for that, nine times out of ten. XD

Yeah. :3 I thought it was the French version, but it was so long since I'd looked it up I didn't want to go, "Oh, it's the French version, right? " and you go, "NOH. I just like 'e's! The proper French term for the rank of duchess is [insert word here]! Looooseeerrrrrrrr."

xD

Not that I really think you'd do that, but that's how my head works. >_>;

I won't fight you for the title. xD I do awkward things and I do fun things, but rarely together. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Haha, I'd never do that. XD If anything I usually expect people to turn around and correct me, if anything. But I do like adding e to the end of things so that also would have been right.

I'm not gonna fight over it either and somehow I usually being both at the same time. I'd rather be an awkward funball (which I have decided is a new word) instead of an awkward drag. XD

Funball is a great word. xD And, yeah, being an awkward drag makes you someone people are uncomfortable being around (at best). xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I know, right? XDD At worst, they make them want to openly run out of the room which thankfully has never happened to me so I can't be too much of a drag. Although, if you're too much of a funball then they'll also have the urge to run out of the room. It's a fine line. XDD (I use that emote way tooo much.)

xD I also abuse xD/XD/xDD/XDD; etc to an astounding degree - no worries. xD

Actually, now that you mention it, there's a particular awkward funball I know that does make me want to run out of the room occasionally. xD I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I seem to use it in every post, at least twice. XD

Yay, for reminding and hopefully I'm not that person. XDD I'd much rather have people sort of be chill around me instead of wanting to run as they can.

xD You don't seem like one of those people from your posts, if that makes you feel any better.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Haha, it does~ish. XD

Daw. xD These animated gifs make me laugh/happy/horrified. (This particular one makes me happy, though I don't recognize what it's from. )
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Haha, I loooove me some gifs. I used to be like o.0; why is this here back in the day but I've slowly become addicted to them. I have like a thousand and one cat gifs. XDD

It's Park Bom from 2NE1 though I have nooo idea what program it's from and it makes me happy too. It's the perfect 'yay, yay!' gif. XD