Login to your account

Thread: Curious Newbie~

Curious Newbie~

Hello~

Obvious statement is obvious, but I'm quite new here. I saw someone post a thread in a gaia online forum which mentioned this place. Unsatisfied with the quality of RP I'd been finding in Gaia's forums, I decided to check out what's going on here.

I haven't quite gotten all the features down yet, and BB code is throwing me off a bit, but I'm interested in getting to know some great writers and serious RPers. For real, I'm tired of trying to find someone to work with who runs out on the story when it's only beginning.

I hope not much of that goes on here.

Anyway, I've already graduated college - er...several years ago... - and majored in English with a concentration in Writing. My current career path leans heavily on the writing side of things....so I'm guessing that it's kind of my calling.

At the moment, I'm interested in almost any RP as long as the story is intriguing. I'm looking forward to scouring the forums here for good ones~

Thanks! Message me if you're on Gaia or used to be, or if you just want to try to get a story together! (bonus points for sci-fi and cyberpunk at the moment)

Hiya, and welcome to the forum! Quite a few of us are also from Gaia. Off the top of my head--myself, Strude, Rialla, Kolloposa, and Dorian Raker. And I think pretty much the entire CARMINE group of players. Writers on a roleplaying forum are always a pleasure. : D Hope you enjoy yourself here, everyone here's pretty swell, and let us know if you have any questions.

Edit: Oh, wow, just saw your post in Gaia. Didn't realize I was the person who's post you read!

/ego inflation

Welcomes to WTF, a place of awesomeness and fun! Oh and crazy too! There's a lot of great people here and lots of RPs going on. Hope you're able to find what you're looking for here^^ Feel free to ask if you have any questions, there's almost always someone lurking around to answer.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

You know, I saw you in the online users list and thought to myself....can that be the same person? Then I stalked you in another thread, saw your signature and maybe had a bit of a nerdgasm. It's weird when you see the same people on multiple sites, but it makes me want to act like a dork

Welcome to the site, Hope you have fun here.

I'm on Gaia too... well not anymore since the last time I was on Gaia was back when it was beta testing its main site. I don't think they are still doing that anymore, maybe parts but I'm pretty sure not the whole thing. Lets just say I remember when Gaia had a dating service on it (I think back in like 2000 or 1999 ish).
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

haaaaai

Welcome! -from an ex-gaian mind you xD I hope you find what you're looking for here!
    “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Salutations Gleesh~!

Thanks for taking interest! I said see ya later to Gaia not too long ago after many many years of enjoyment slowly turning to resentment. Anywhoo... if you love to roleplay WTF is the place to satisfy your needs. Not only do we have a lot of great writers, we have a lot of great new features to help you make your own wonderful worlds to your liking! Please, enjoy your stay and I hope to bump into you soon!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I'm a gaia ex patriate lol. This site is really great

Reoccurring NPC
    Welcome to the site Gleesh, I think a lot of people on here have been to Gaia in the past. As for me, well I use to roleplay in a guild on the site for quite a long time, though I was just a small fry on there. I haven't done anything serious on the site for many years now.

I hope you will be able to find the kind of RPs your looking for. Heck knows there are a lot to choose from on the site, so I am sure you will be able to find a few with more complex stories.

Welcome! I hope you'll have fun here.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. I'm off to find my first RP. Wish me luck~

Best of luck! :]

Good luck!
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Hello, hello! And welcome to WTF. :3

I'm also someone who's done more than a vague glance at Gaia. :3 I was never really hardcore into it, and haven't been back in years, but my account is from the first two or three years of Gaia's existence. xD If you're into avatar sites, I personally recommend Menewsha. :B (But I would, being not just the Admin here, but an Assistant Admin there. >_> Full disclosure. )

But for your roleplaying needs, I recommend WTF over even Menewsha. xD I never got into rping on Gaia because anything that interested me enough to click through past the title was either:
    - full/closed
    - infested by tweens with more hormones than storytelling skills
    - super anal about post length, but less-so with proper spelling/grammar/story flow/basic rp courtesy
    - all of the above + many more. :B

Then on Menewsha all the rps I was in died quickly and felt so limited compared to what I could do even over an instant messenger with a friend, so though it felt like a better place to rp than Gaia, it still didn't suit me. So I just helped build someplace that did. :B

ANYWAY. I'll stop rambling about derpy stuff. xD Let me start over.

Welcome to WTF RPG! I'm glad you've found your way over here and I hope that you find enough games to keep you busy and enjoying yourself. :3 From your interests, I recall several games that probably would suit your needs, but if none of them quite grab you, we still have enough players here that a good number are still happy to do one-on-one games and some haven't filled their plates up enough that a cool new full-featured rpg wouldn't get bites. x3

Oh, and I should mention that don't forget we have the forums here where you can create games if the full-featured system is so unfamiliar to you that you'd rather go with what you know best. :3 If you have any questions, the member-base so far is really friendly and helpful, so if I'm not around to answer the questions you have, they'd probably be able to help you with most of your questions. :3

Hope to see you active very soon. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin